For the Wonks: "Fix the Debt" CEOs Enjoy Taxpayer-Subsidized Pay

Your solution instead of taking money out of politics is to organize millions of ppl to do one thing. That's actually easier than going at the source.

Like instead of having a fire station we can hand out buckets to all the neighbors and if a fire breaks out rely on the actions, attitudes and willingness of everyone to put it out. How could that go wrong.

No, my point is that people are complaining about all these rich people taking over campaigns (which they do) while at the same time probably don't donate a single dollar to a candidate that they spent some time researching.

My point was that we waste so much money on other garbage that (at the very least) we could instead save some of that money and using it to fund GOOD candidates.

Until people start doing that, we have no room to complain. You can't do nothing and then complain about nothing happening.

Individual dollars without organization will do nothing to level the playing field of unlimited corporate donations for their benefit. NO MATTER WHAT

Are individuals not allowed to organize on a mass scale outside of a corporate environment?

Are we prohibited from joining large, coordinated movements that stand against corrupt politicians?

Are Americans restricted (on a large scale) from accessing the internet - one of the largest, cheapest, and effective mass communication tools in HUMAN HISTORY?

Last edited:
No, my point is that people are complaining about all these rich people taking over campaigns (which they do) while at the same time probably don't donate a single dollar to a candidate that they spent some time researching.

My point was that we waste so much money on other garbage that (at the very least) we could instead save some of that money and using it to fund GOOD candidates.

Until people start doing that, we have no room to complain. You can't do nothing and then complain about nothing happening.

Individual dollars without organization will do nothing to level the playing field of unlimited corporate donations for their benefit. NO MATTER WHAT

Are individuals not allowed to organize on a mass scale outside of a corporate environment?

Are we prohibited from joining large, coordinated movements that stand against corrupt politicians?

Why?

Why?

Whatcha mean?

You said "Individual dollars without organization" will do nothing to defeat corporations and their large scale donations, and I made the counterpoint "well, what's stopping individuals from organizing?".

Why?

Whatcha mean?

You said "Individual dollars without organization" will do nothing to defeat corporations and their large scale donations, and I made the counterpoint "well, what's stopping individuals from organizing?".

Nothing but that doesn't really address my point either...that's why I asked

There shouldnt be any CEOs..........

Corporations should be run as a workers collective...............For the people !!!!!

Whatcha mean?

Um, have you noticed how much union busting has been done since Reagan polluted the presidency?

Big business is doing everything in its power to keep workers from gaining any sort of leverage. They're also doing everything they can to keep American voters from having true leadership to choose from. We get the corporate sock puppets we always get because that's what big business allows us to choose from.

Don't worry, once corporations gain full power, the first thing they'll do is make unions illegal. - like they made raw milk illegal, or saying bad things about the biohazard they market as beef (which is so unconstitutional, I don't know how this is a law). Right to work, my ass. Elections for the people, my ass.

Last edited:
"Fix the Debt" CEOs Enjoy Taxpayer-Subsidized Pay - IPS

Now this is the type of wealth redistribution that gets a stamp of approval :clap2:

*hard sarcasm*

How colossally stupid... your argument only works if one assumes that the federal government is entitled to 100% of everyone's income and by taking a legal deduction, you are somehow denying the government its money.

You need to grow up, seriously, just grow up and stop being such an ignoramus.

When they skip out, we pay the tab

No shit....so tell your rich democrats to pay their fucking taxes and quit blaming Turbo Tax

Oh yeah, I forgot about the union busting...while union busting isn't preventing them from organizing it is making it harder. Repubs seem to believe that if you stick opportunity inside of a flaming ball of razor wire that's ok because, technically, it's not stopping anyone from doing anything.

Whatcha mean?

Um, have you noticed how much union busting has been done since Reagan polluted the presidency?

Big business is doing everything in its power to keep workers from gaining any sort of leverage. They're also doing everything they can to keep American voters from having true leadership to choose from. We get the corporate sock puppets we always get because that's what big business allows us to choose from.

Don't worry, once corporations gain full power, the first thing they'll do is make unions illegal. - like they made raw milk illegal, or saying bad things about the biohazard they market as beef (which is so unconstitutional, I don't know how this is a law). Right to work, my ass.

Dumbass most people dont want unions.......in high school I applied for a job at Krogers as a bagboy and I had to pay union dues....WTF????? Helllllll no.......so I found another job

They dont need to make unions illegal, that's what card check is....unions want to intimidate people to join...which is why lefties like you hate secret ballots.....

Whatcha mean?

Don't worry, once corporations gain full power, the first thing they'll do is make unions illegal. - like they made raw milk illegal, or saying bad things about the biohazard they market as beef (which is so unconstitutional, I don't know how this is a law). Right to work, my ass.

Dumbass most people dont want unions.......in high school I applied for a job at Krogers as a bagboy and I had to pay union dues....WTF????? Helllllll no.......so I found another job

They dont need to make unions illegal, that's what card check is....unions want to intimidate people to join...which is why lefties like you hate secret ballots.....

If most ppl didn't want unions there wouldn't be so much money thrown around by Corporations to bust 'em up. Or maybe they are spending money because...who needs money? right?

If most ppl didn't want unions there wouldn't be so much money thrown around by Corporations to bust 'em up. Or maybe they are spending money because...who needs money? right?

Most people dont want to pay dues to have some fat italian or polish guy get rich for doing nothing....
They understand that job security is a myth and that people should be fired at times (unlike unions where dumbasses get the same pay as someone who works his ass off)
I've never worked in a union and I did work at a factory called Sunbury Components and got moved because they had to have a union guy in my place....and I was faaaar better at my job than he was.
The fact is what are you talking about? I dont see all these corporations busting them up......they just allow right to work and secret ballots and people dont join.....

They have enough money taken out in taxes, that they'd like to keep a little of it.

*sigh*

Stop blaming your laziness on the evil billionaires. Do some research and don’t vote for the ones on the TV then. You know that you are not forced to vote for them right? Perhaps you could actually research the options and vote for one of the dozen candidates other than the established ones that are plastered all over the place.

You see, you want to blame the money and the rich because YOU and damn near the entire country has failed in its responsibility. Voting is a responsibility far more than a right. It has weight. It is the VOTERS that choose the candidate. It is the VOTERS that pick the president. You are never obligated to vote for one of the corporate shills yet I almost guarantee that you do every damn time. You can tell yourself that it is someone else’s fault so you feel better but that is a farce. No one is responsible for your actions but you. No one is responsible for the person’s name that you place on that ballot but you. If you truly want change then you will stop voting for the garbage that the parties keep putting up there.

Take responsibility for your vote and stop blaming others for it.

I have not voted for a Corporate Party candidate in years.

You seem to support Obama and he is a HUGE corporate shill….??

Anyway, I’ll take that at face value then, congratulations on not being the problem. NOW, the rest of the nation needs to follow suit and damning the ‘rich’ for funding campaigns is not going to do it. Making people face the fact that not only are THEY the problem but that they are also the solution will. Hell, it is the ONLY way for change to occur; the people have to wake the fuck up.

I "seem to support Obama?" WTF? I'm against the Corporate Oligarchy that runs this country and Wall Street, DC. Isn't that where he works and who he serves?

Most people dont want to pay dues to have some fat italian or polish guy get rich for doing nothing....
They understand that job security is a myth and that people should be fired at times (unlike unions where dumbasses get the same pay as someone who works his ass off)
I've never worked in a union and I did work at a factory called Sunbury Components and got moved because they had to have a union guy in my place....and I was faaaar better at my job than he was.
The fact is what are you talking about? I dont see all these corporations busting them up......they just allow right to work and secret ballots and people dont join.....

They have enough money taken out in taxes, that they'd like to keep a little of it.

Its like no matter what is said to you, you continue down the same talking points like a response generator

Its like no matter what is said to you, you continue down the same talking points like a response generator

It's not talking points...you're the one with talking points......

corporations are bad-check
unions are good-check
no details-check

Where were you when GE paid no tax? I didnt see you bitch about it......you're a faker and yeah you use talking points

I gave an honest response about my situation....

Whatcha mean?

How does it not address your point?

You said individuals stand no chance against corporations and I disagreed.

I said individuals can band together privately to form groups that fund good candidates on a large scale. Isn't that possible given the vast amount of resources we have at our fingertips?

Whatcha mean?

Don't worry, once corporations gain full power, the first thing they'll do is make unions illegal. - like they made raw milk illegal, or saying bad things about the biohazard they market as beef (which is so unconstitutional, I don't know how this is a law). Right to work, my ass. Elections for the people, my ass.

Liberal Dictionary:
=======================================
Union busting - allowing workers to choose not to join a union

Last edited:
Whatcha mean?
How does it not address your point?
You said individuals stand no chance against corporations and I disagreed.
I said individuals can band together privately to form groups that fund good candidates on a large scale. Isn't that possible given the vast amount of resources we have at our fingertips?

I agree that ppl CAN band together sure. Nothing is stopping them sure. But if you're suggesting that millions of Ppl will all take the same action basically abandon individualism then no. If you're suggesting that millions of Ppl will be able to contribute on the same scale as corporations then no.

Is that what you're suggesting?

Your solution instead of taking money out of politics is to organize millions of ppl to do one thing. That's actually easier than going at the source.

Like instead of having a fire station we can hand out buckets to all the neighbors and if a fire breaks out rely on the actions, attitudes and willingness of everyone to put it out. How could that go wrong.

We don’t need a ‘level’ playing field. What we need to do is stop voting for the shills. I have to keep repeating this: we have all the power. We are the voters. If we stop voting for the people that the cooperations try and ram down our throats, there would not be an issue. But we do, by and large, vote for the shiny guy on the TV. We scream and yell at anyone that has any past that gets onto a commercial. We rage over things like birth certificates and tax records. None of this shit matters.

You can look for a level playing field till you turn blue in the face, it will NEVER happen. Even if you manage to get publicly funded elections, your utopian politicians will not appear. The companies WILL corrupt the system. For every block that you put in their way, they will bring the dynamite to smash through it. That is fact.

What we need is a vigilant populous. That is the ONLY way to get around this. Fretting about the money and the corporations, letting your eye off the ball by focusing on problems that are not US (the real problems) is making the problem worse.

Forum List

Back