For the First Time in History a Major US City Averages Over $5/ Gallon

Ah yes, that silly myth.

By the same standard, we are "energy independent" right now.

Yet we import a LOT of oil, some of it from Russia.

We export over 10 times more oil per day than we import from Russia.

Your simpleton ideas and math do not explain this. Why aren't we just using "our" oil, instead of Russia's?

This should be your fist clue that you don't really know what energy independence means or how any of this works.
Do you understand the term net?

Yes, clearly one of the solutions is to use less fossil fuel. Maybe the top solution.

But it is ironic when these jerks try to criticize the CURRENT state of electric vehicles, while paying no mind to the idea of improving tech.... then scream for drilling moratoriums to be lifted that, almost all of which, would not produce a drop of oil for 10, 20 years or more.

Frauds.
my limited understanding is that a current tech battery in an elec car should get you 100K or so. But again, it's their longing for Trump.

Cheney thought we'd see hydrogen. And I don't really see why we aren't looking at that for 18 wheelers. If people want to tow a 5th wheel .... welcome to capitalism. Not much of a market for "just" that.

WE can't just drill our way out of it. There aren't enough rigs or refineries, and nobody's gonna invest the billions in a refinery the size to make a difference. But the use of batteries as the sole power in cars .... maybe not feasible. But batteries have greatly improved, and two years is ... maybe not accurate. And there are other possibilities. Esp for larger long haul vehicles.

We would have to dig up half the earth to supply what is needed for the batteries, and dig up the other half of the earth to bury the old ones.

Yay green!
1646346848157.png

my limited understanding is that a current tech battery in an elec car should get you 100K or so. But again, it's their longing for Trump.

Cheney thought we'd see hydrogen. And I don't really see why we aren't looking at that for 18 wheelers. If people want to tow a 5th wheel .... welcome to capitalism. Not much of a market for "just" that.
Of course we don't have to eliminate gas-powered vehicles entirely.

but many americans put 50% or more of the miles on their vehicles just commuting to work. This is easily accomplished by EV or hybrid vehicles.

the tech will improve, prices will improve. As our interconnected world politic and economy become more developed, you will see hybrid and EV cars experience huge increases in ownership.

many people will simply see it as the choice between putting a dollar in a foreign dictator's pocket and NOT doing that.

Others will see savings from ownership of hybrid vehicles, as I have already.

For the first time in history, a U.S. city has hit an average gas price of $5 per gallon. San Francisco $5.06/gal Los Angeles $5.01/gal

As a community organizer once said, you’ll definitely pay more for energy under my plan!
The Left love the poor, doncha know!

Time to stop Biden’s preventing new US oil production.

A shame....I bet you want to keep propping up Putin.

We would have to dig up half the earth to supply what is needed for the batteries, and dig up the other half of the earth to bury the old ones.

Yay green!
View attachment 610302
As long as the slave labor is out of sight the dems are fine with it.

Well, it's a myth and a minsnomer. "We" aren't independent in any sense of the term, because our fossil fuel industries are not nationalized.

And thus concludes the lesson. That's it.
So you don’t understand the term net. You also apparently don’t understand what happens when industries are nationalized.

Glad I didn’t pay anything for this worthless lesson in stupid.

Neato!

Problem is, in what the rest of us call "reality", someone has to make a nice profit by pulling it out of the ground, refining it, and selling it.

Unless you would like to nationalize our oil industry and publicly fund it.

There are lots of companies ready and waiting to do that. People like you have made sure they stay unemployed, so your Russian and Middle Eastern pals can get richer.

It's nice to have a hybrid as the daily driver right now. Use it to commute to work. Averaging a 1-2 gallons of gas a week in it.

Bummer about those huge, useless pickup trucks everyone bought these last few years. Watch the prices on those fall off a cliff in the next few months.

And sell your Ford stock right now.
my useless pickup truck just hauled 24 tons of gravel and a bobcat to take care of some rich prick with two prius's sitting there in his driveway,,

Oh shut the fuck up dummy.

That computer or phone you are on... where was it made?

Those shoes on your feet.. made where?

That computer in your car... made where?
Slave labor out of your line of sight. Apparently it doesn’t bother you that these are our options though. Like I said, you’re perfectly happy as long as you don’t have to see it.

Of course we don't have to eliminate gas-powered vehicles entirely.

but many americans put 50% or more of the miles on their vehicles just commuting to work. This is easily accomplished by EV or hybrid vehicles.

the tech will improve, prices will improve. As our interconnected world politic and economy become more developed, you will see hybrid and EV cars experience huge increases in ownership.

many people will simply see it as the choice between putting a dollar in a foreign dictator's pocket and NOT doing that.

Others will see savings from ownership of hybrid vehicles, as I have already.
It has to be a mix of energy sources. Even if there was enough oil to satisfy demand now (without cost increases) or in 2050 (without killing a billion or so and perhaps all of us), it's not going to work .... because places like the EU and other developed countries won't politically stand for it and .... there probably isn't enough oil on the planet. Not for the amount of energy the world will demand in another 30 years .... assuming we survive.

But I suspect, and hope, that if you own mineral rights in the Bakken, you'll be just fine.

even more baffling is a functional adult in 2022 who thinks all electric cars cost $60K.
When the dust settles, East Asia will be producing the vehicles. East Asia will be producing the eco green solar and wind products. We will be adding more social programs and China will have a percentage of the World Reserve Currency. You guys talk so much of the past when we are living off of rules that gives you a good life from the past and is being diminished.

Forum List

Back