FN Herstal

BlueJay28

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2014
Somebody started talking to me about Heckler & Koch..

so I said..

Why would I buy a gun that has lost every war in its history for the violent loudmouthed assholes behind it.... when I can buy a better weapon from FN herstal (Fabrique Nationale) that is a much more sturdy, and more accurate, heavier duty weapon that actually kicks ass ?
lol

• Banned
The Roman Germania wars
The Wars of the Coalitions
The Falklands war
World war 1
World war 2

:)

so I said..

Why would I buy a gun that has lost every war in its history for the violent loudmouthed assholes behind it.... when I can buy a better weapon from FN herstal (Fabrique Nationale) that is a much more sturdy, and more accurate, heavier duty weapon that actually kicks ass ?
lol

Probably why I stick to Sig Sauer...... :afro:

• Banned

so I said..

lol

and I'll be glad to beat the fucking shit out of ya with the much better FN herstal, while you moan about how you're the master race, after you've been humiliated.

so I said..

lol

and I'll be glad to beat the fucking shit out of ya with the much better FN herstal, while you moan about how you're the master race, after you've been humiliated.
Well, that certainly settles that.

so I said..

lol

Look at my avatar BlueJay28 and my BB gun. :Boom2:

so I said..

lol

Okie Doakie there mister big shot. Funny.....I had to trade in my 1911 in 1982 while stationed with the DIA in Berlin for a Sig. Been using them from that day on. I have a funny feeling that you're all talk and no show - but whatever floats your boat big shot! Glad for ya! :cuckoo:

so I said..

lol

Look at my avatar BlueJay28 and my BB gun. :Boom2:

A good friend of mine was at the Armor Engineer board at Fort Knox when they took one of the 60s off a Huey and redeveloped it for the M60A1's (Tank). Best thing they ever did. The M-240C. I believe that they have been using it ever since.

Last edited:
FN's pistols never impressed me much. I go with Mr Flagg: The SIG is probably a better weapon. I mean the classic P226 and the like. I hear they are chambering the P220 in 10MM. That makes it even more interesting.
But I'm a Glock guy. Inexpensive, simple, reliable, accurate, and ugly as a bulldog puppy.

FN's pistols never impressed me much. I go with Mr Flagg: The SIG is probably a better weapon. I mean the classic P226 and the like. I hear they are chambering the P220 in 10MM. That makes it even more interesting.
But I'm a Glock guy. Inexpensive, simple, reliable, accurate, and ugly as a bulldog puppy.

I don't really have a gripe with the FN line - I'm just a believer in "if it works, use it". I've been "using it" since the early 80s and currently have a P220, a P226, a SP2022 and just recently bought their striker fired P320 - damn fine gun.

As far as Glock - great guns - I just couldn't get "comfortable" with them for some damned reason.....I'm sure that it is my own shortcomings, but there you go.. :biggrin:

I don't really have a gripe with the FN line - I'm just a believer in "if it works, use it". I've been "using it" since the early 80s and currently have a P220, a P226, a SP2022 and just recently bought their striker fired P320 - damn fine gun.
They';re OK guns, the FNs. Just not impressive. They dont sell particularly well either.
The SIGs have gotten really expensive. I'd also look at CZ's line of pistols for a hammer fired metal frame.
HK's are nice guns but geez they want an arm and a leg for them and magazines are horribly expensive, like $75.

They';re OK guns, the FNs. Just not impressive. They dont sell particularly well either.
The SIGs have gotten really expensive. I'd also look at CZ's line of pistols for a hammer fired metal frame.
HK's are nice guns but geez they want an arm and a leg for them and magazines are horribly expensive, like $75.

Yeah, when I bought my SP2022 (which I absolutely LOVE) - I got a really good price $390. Came with two magazines. I recently bought 6 more however (be prepared) from Top Gun Supply - $39 bucks each. My God........I always liked H&K - but yes, too damned expensive, but hell, you priced a Les Baer lately!?!?!?!? Probably an apples to oranges comparison, but still.......Whew!!!

Yeah, when I bought my SP2022 (which I absolutely LOVE) - I got a really good price $390. Came with two magazines. I recently bought 6 more however (be prepared) from Top Gun Supply - $39 bucks each. My God........I always liked H&K - but yes, too damned expensive, but hell, you priced a Les Baer lately!?!?!?!? Probably an apples to oranges comparison, but still.......Whew!!!
My son has an SP2022. It's OK. Now, SIG's 1911 series are probablyt he best out there for the money.
Glock mags--$25. Can't beat it.

Forum List

Back