Florida to Shipping Companies: Forget California, We’ll Unload Your Ships

Right now--Ships going to california taking I dunno a couple of weeksand then sitting out in sea waiting months to be unloaded costing in fuel and everything else...

Instead of going to Calinutia, they could go to Texas, Louisanna, Mississippi, Alabama or even Florida. It isn't like their tech companies aren't leaving already and heading to places like TEXAS.
How's the Panama Canal prepared to accept the increased traffic?

Trust me, no shipping company is gonna spend two weeks going through the Panama Canal to Florida. The current problem will be fixed on pretty short order.
The "current problem" has been going on for a year, due to conditions that have not changed and are lot likely to change any time soon.
So.... No.

Jacksonville is the only port that could handle container ships and they're already at capacity.
This is a lie. Both Tampa and Miami have significant container ports.
Trust me...smarter people than you tards are working on this
That no one in the Biden administration has goven thought to taking CA's insane environemntal regulations to court says otherwise.

The directions you spout I do not know. I live down in the South now. I am only concerned with the Southern States and any connecting states and potential railroad expansion states(by your words) at this point.
These ships are too large to go through the Panama Canal so the choices are to take the southern routes, very dangerous, or offload in Columbia and transport across Columbia so the cargo can be reloaded.

Assuming Port of Miami can handle any of these ships, there's only one rail line north and the result would be multi-mile long trans and thousands of trucks line up at the port for loading.

Again, can we not assume that the people who do this for a living have a better grasp of logistics management than some person you met on the internet?

I'd love for Gruesome Newsom to take this up his ass and see
much of that business go to Florida. Or Texas for that matter.

He's already watching all the rest of California's business move to other states. At the rate he's going, there won't be a functioning business left in California.

Where's he going to get the trucker's, employee's to unload. I'm sure in the part of Florida where they would be unloading the retired people will unload. 5% unemployment rate or just below as of today. Not a bad idea though.

Only 21% of the Florida population is over 65, DebbieDumbass. And if there are jobs available in Florida, people will move there for them from states that are stupid enough to cripple their businesses. Not everyone is a stupid leftist thinking they can sit on their couches and suck off of other people forever.

How many ports on the East Coast can accomodate massive container ships some which are over 1000 ft. long on the Atlantic Ocean in winter, the stormiest time of the year? Do those ports have gantry cranes which can unload containers weighing tons or haven't we thought of that yet?
VA, GA, and South Carolina all have ports that can

LOL. The cost to move goods - mostly from the Far East (China, S.Korea) - is an absurd consideration.

~~~~~~
Meanwhile a container ship waiting to unload in San Francisco causes an historic oil spill by dragging its anchor breaking a crucial crude oil pipeline.
**********​

~~~~~~
Meanwhile a container ship waiting to unload in San Francisco causes an historic oil spill by dragging its anchor breaking a crucial crude oil pipeline.
**********​
Um, the oil spill was in Southern California; San Francisco is 400 miles north of the spill.

No green source of energy has yet spoiled the waters of our oceans and gulfs.

~~~~~~
Obviously you have forgotten the ports of Baltimore, Virginia, Newark, New York, Boston. Tampa Bay, Wilmington, Charleston, Georgetown, Houston, and New Orleans. That's just a few that are available on the Atlantic Coast to help alleviate the burden of the West coast.

Plenty of idle port infrastructure. I can drive to my nearest harbor and see cranes and berths empty from one end to the other, and blue collar guys homeless because that's all they know how to do. They couldn't become computer programmers. A few million for upgrades and filling in some of the potholes, and happy days are here again.

Forum List

Back