Florida Student Knocks Out, Pounds Unconscious Teacher Into Floor Over Nintendo Switch

I get it. You hated school. You hated teachers. You hate authority.
I thought the LGBTQ sign observed in one of the classrooms in the arrest video of the student was very telling of today's education system.

But, no, I did very well in school. I went to a private school. Except for High School. But when I got to High School, I was so far ahead of the rest of the students that I didn't even really have to try.

And I got along great with my teachers.

But back then they weren't largely a bunch of entitlement minded quislings trying to turn us all into homos.

Last edited:
As I said upthread, if kids were allowed to play with their Nintendo Switch during class, this same cat would howl down the moon over THAT.

Just one more reason it's impossible to be a teacher today. The social contract is broken. It's over.
Similar to nursing, really.

We get bitched at by families if the patient isn’t taking his meds or doing his treatment. But if we push the patient hard to follow their care plan we get bitched out by the same family for being “abusive”.

It’s become a profession with a ton of responsibility but almost zero authority to back it up. They increased our accountability for patient outcomes while simultaneously stripping us of the “old school nurse” authority that used to keep patients in line.

I thought the LGBTQ sign observed in one of the classrooms in the arrest video of the student was very telling of today's education system.

But, no, I did very well in school. I went to a private school. Except for High School. But when I got to High School, I was so far ahead of the rest of the students that I didn't even really have to try.

And I got along great with my teachers.

But back then they weren't largely a bunch of entitlement minded quislings trying to turn us all into homos.

Oh so you have bought into the propaganda.

How very mainstream of you.

Oh so you have bought into the propaganda.

How very mainstream of you.

Oh. So, then, there wasn't an LGBTQ sign observed in one of the classrooms in the arrest video of the student?

We're not reading stories about teachers removing the American flag and recommending they pledge allegiance to the rainbow flag the teacher replaced it with?

None of that stuff is happening? We're just imagining it all?

Similar to nursing, really.

We get bitched at by families if the patient isn’t taking his meds or doing his treatment. But if we push the patient hard to follow their care plan we get bitched out by the same family for being “abusive”.

It’s become a profession with a ton of responsibility but almost zero authority to back it up. They increased our accountability for patient outcomes while simultaneously stripping us of the “old school nurse” authority that used to keep patients in line.

Yes, I could not agree more. We are on the same wavelength and riding the same "the social contract is broken" train. I bolded the money line up top but really that whole paragraph applies to teaching as well.

I often say two things broke our society:

"The customer is always right"

Paired with

"We want to hear from you"

To which I respond, "no, sometimes the customer is a dunderhead. And lots of times, just take a pause and think before you speak."

Sigh. You have my understanding and sympathy for your plight with families.

Oh. So, then, there wasn't an LGBTQ sign observed in one of the classrooms in the arrest video of the student?

We're not reading stories about teachers removing the American flag and recommending they pledge allegiance to the rainbow flag the teacher replaced it with?

None of that stuff is happening? We're just imagining it all?

It is happening. It's not endemic.

We have said the Pledge of Allegiance to the American flag every morning in my district since I started there years and years and YEARS ago. But you know, that can't happen now, because you saw it on Libs of Tik Tok.

It's just ridiculous. It's Defund the Police for conservatives. And I say this AS A CONSERVATIVE.

Stupidity, straight up, with the same stupid end game.

Ah well.

As I said. The state's minion should have handled that entire situation differently than she did. She clearly wasn't qualified to assess the reality of the situation.

The only one who cared about her so-called authority in that situation was her.
And her failure to realize that fact and to respond to it in a more effective manner is unfortunately expected in today's system.

She knew that kid wasn't playing with a full deck.

I was in a nursing home for 8 months my wife was a real hard ass on the staff I wasnt they were short of people and honestly did the best they could only had one asshole attendant and she must have gotten talked to cause even she improved.

I will answer when you produce that article that says the perp threatened to kick that parapros ass before she took his game. How bout that.

Yeah, I'm not playing fetch. It'll pop up again. If I see it again, I'll pop into the thread and share it with you as a courtesy, if you really need to be led.

Anyway. It's okay. You don't have to answer my question. I probably already know your answer anyway.

Last edited:
Apparently the kid lived in a group home. That said, I'm sure local government is involved in some way.

So I wonder which authority figure let him bring the personal property to indoctrination camp? Are they liable for maintaining his property/valuables while he is not ''home?'' I don't know anything about how group homes operate, so I do not know if they deny any liability for maintaining the safety of personal property of residents. Perhaps he has no choice but to carry his personal property from one government run facility to another government run facility where it may be, as was suggested ''prohibited.'' The name of the actual group home wasn't mentoned in order to look into it. If that's the case, it'd seem to be quite a confusing situation for someone playing with half a deck to be caught up in. Seems like that'd be seeing the poor sap up to snap and fail. It's like a trap.

Last edited:
I think that in the end, when everything is said and done, we'll find that the State is caught up in and dealing with a problem of its own creation.

And not dealing with it very effectively either. In this case, it seems that the State's employee wasn't qualified to foresee the reality of the situation, further compounding it. Which, unfortunately, is expected these days, particularly in the education system.

He'll probably be placed into the State's full custody and kicked farther into the system, probably in a jail cell or something similar and everyone can say, yay, we done got us another ****** off the streets.

So that's probably all I have to say about that. Final answer...

Last edited:
Oh, but now they are.

And remember the child who shot his teacher, six years old? "Behavior disorder" = special needs.

The parents these days, especially parents of special needs children, have all the rights. We talk out of both sides of our mouths. On one side: "see something say something". But if that is, "I saw a child throw a chair across the room and give another child a black eye"--and it's a 'special needs' child--nevermind.

So here we are!
I get the initial reason to mainstream, but it doesn’t seem to have been well at all and some kids need a different learning environment period. IMO no student who has shown a pattern of serious violence should be there, no teacher should ever have to worry about their safety period.

The 6 year old with the gun? Emblemic of our culture. How does a six year old get a hold of a gun? Those should never be allowed to own a gun again. Remember that video of a parent videoing his toddler PLAYING with a gun and pretending to shoot??

I get the initial reason to mainstream, but it doesn’t seem to have been well at all and some kids need a different learning environment period. IMO no student who has shown a pattern of serious violence should be there, no teacher should ever have to worry about their safety period.

The 6 year old with the gun? Emblemic of our culture. How does a six year old get a hold of a gun? Those should never be allowed to own a gun again. Remember that video of a parent videoing his toddler PLAYING with a gun and pretending to shoot??

As I have mentioned, I have been teaching for 30 years. I entered just as we were coming out of the era of totally separating special needs kids. This wasn't good at all. We grew up misunderstanding them, and afraid.

But now, as you say, we have gone too far the other direction. I don't understand why we seem to think being violently attacked is acceptable not only for staff, but especially for other children. I have put this to the Powers that Be and the cognitive dissonance is unreal. It's basically, "Well the special needs kids can't help it"

I'm very, very close to responding, "If I punch you in the face and say 'I can't help it', is your face magically unpunched? Is your black eye erased?"

Education might be the stupidest profession in the universe. I'm not proud to say.

Question:

Does it matter?

In months or at any rate, less than a year (when he turns 18), if he were caught being violent outside of school, would they say, "well we won't arrest him, he has 'special needs'?"

No. He would be arrested, he would be charged. Maybe his sentence would be slightly lighter; maybe he would go to a different wing of the prison but he would still be charged. Even if you have mental illness is IS NOT OKAY to violently beat people.

Oh. Except in our schools.

To be blunt: this is because are schools are too female-heavy and much, much, MUCH too liberal-heavy. Think "soft on crime" cities in spades. Think high crime rates but in our schools.

It seems compassionate and wonderful to those "poor special needs kids" until your kid is the one getting beat down.
The ‘special needs’ description is way too vague IMO.

I think that in the end, when everything is said and done, we'll find that the State is caught up in and dealing with a problem of its own creation.

And not dealing with it very effectively either. In this case, it seems that the State's employee wasn't qualified to foresee the reality of the situation, further compounding it. Which, unfortunately, is expected these days, particularly in the education system.

He'll probably be placed into the State's full custody and kicked farther into the system, probably in a jail cell or something similar and everyone can say, yay, we done got us another ****** off the streets.

So that's probably all I have to say about that. Final answer...

IOW, the parapro deserved to be beaten within an inch of her life because she dares to work for "the state".

Wow you're a real piece of work, aren't you?

IOW, the parapro deserved to be beaten within an inch of her life because she dares to work for "the state".

As I said, I think that in the end, particularly with regard to the terms of controversy regarding this specific incident, when everything is said and done, we'll find that the State is caught up in and dealing with a problem of its own creation.

Wow you're a real piece of work, aren't you?

Again, I'm just being realistic with regard to the terms of controversy in scope regarding the incident.

Ultimately, your feelings are not germane to preventing and solving the issue.

Though, I do get it. The truth stings. It's why people avoid it. It's why people choose to attack the messenger rather than the actual root of the problem in so many instances. But that won't make the problem go away. It won't prevent incidents evolving from a root problem from recurring.

Placing that aside, and I 've no idea what you actually teach, but for the moment, let us consider that hypothetically you;re a history teacher. Just hypothetically.

If a kid tells you his view on given piece of history, and you do not agree personally agree with it, do you have the same tendency in that setting to respond in the same emotional way and tell him ''oh, you're a real piece of work, aren't you?"

Last edited:
As I said, I think that in the end, particularly with regard to the terms of controversy regarding this specific incident, when everything is said and done, we'll find that the State is caught up in and dealing with a problem of its own creation.

Again, I'm just being realistic with regard to the terms of controversy in scope regarding the incident.

Ultimately, your feelings are not germane to preventing and solving the issue.

Though, I do get it. The truth stings. It's why people avoid it. It's why people choose to attack the messenger rather than the actual root of the problem in so many instances. But that won't make the problem go away. It won't prevent incidents evolving from a root problem from recurring.

Placing that aside, and I 've no idea what you actually teach, but for the moment, let us consider that hypothetically you;re a history teacher. Just hypothetically.

If a kid tells you his view on given piece of history, and you do not agree personally agree with it, do you have the same tendency in that setting to respond in the same emotional way and tell him ''oh, you're a real piece of work, aren't you?"

well I don't know. Is the kid telling me the teacher deserved to get beaten within an inch of her life by a kid twice her size for taking toy away--and does this kid think this due to his biases?

Florida Student Knocks Out, Pounds Unconscious Teacher Into Floor Over Nintendo Switch (Video)

"Video shows the 6 foot, six inch, 270 pound student raced after the woman, sent her flying across the floor and knocking her unconscious when she landed on her head.

The student then kicked and repeatedly punched the victim in the head and body as she was knocked out until he was dragged away by several school employees and students."

He's totally out of control....

The student is reported to be 6’6” and 270 pounds. He was eventually restrained by a dean. While a sheriff’s deputy was typing a report, with the student in the room, the student asked when he could go back to his group home. When the deputy told him he did not know, the student kicked the deputy’s desk, causing the deputy’s computer monitor to fall. A struggle ensued, involving two deputies and an assistant principal, to control the student.

In body cam footage released by the sheriff’s office, the student, who is compliant in that sequence, is heard saying–matter of factly–: “I don’t want to go to jail. I have more important places to be.” As he was walking past paramedics who were tending to the paraprofessional, the student “started to spit towards” her and “made comments that when he comes back he is going to kill her.”

If that happened when I was in school I'm fairly certain the male teachers would have killed you.
That kid, is a murderer walking. Something is wrong with him, and you can see in his actions, he would not hesitate to murder someone, with his bare hands...he needs to be institutionalized, and get some psychological help...if it could even help....which is doubtful.... Imo.

Forum List

Back