Florida Should Ban Travel From New York City

Florida governor Ron DeSantis has put travel restrictions on New York to Florida travel. People coming to Florida are required to self-quarantine for 2 weeks.

I don't think that's good enough. There should be a complete ban on all movement of people from New York to Florida. Airlines should be banned from selling tickets in New York, with Florida destinations.

The problems New York is having is a result of a the reckless lack of proper city planning of previous generations. This negligence has created the enormous population density far above any other American city, both in housing, business, and transportation.

I wonder if they are still running their crowded subway trains, and cramming people into elevators in tall buildings.

Having lived in New York City for 30 years, I always had the feeling that the extreme population density there would blow up into something really bad someday. That day has arrived.

Honestly, the most disturbing part of this entire experience for me has not been how dangerous the virus is. Nor even the tenuous economic times.

It's how easily those Jackboots slip on way too many of my fellow American's feet. THAT is what keeps me up at night.

Really.
WHAT Jackboots ? The New York spring breakers and their callous disregard for Florida elderly ? If you mean that, I agree, except that the kids are YOUNG and stupid. We were all that way once.

Travel bans. Inhibiting the free movement of a free people.

Banning travel at this point is useless.........it is an exponential virus and it is now a math equation.

It's loose and nothing is gonna stop it now........It would take the entire country to lock down solid for 2 weeks minimum. no one goes anywhere to stop this now.

That isn't going to happen.
When your bathtub overflows, the first thing you do is turn off the water.
True..........but we are not an Island...........that analysis doesn't apply..........

We can only minimize the damage from the virus......we can't stop it.......SARs of 2003 was stopped EARLY ON.....or it would have been Deadly on this earth........high death rate.......luckily it was stopped early......

It's too late for that on this one.
Again, when your bathtub overflows, you fist turn off the water. Then you clean up the mess.

Whether the virus can or can't be stopped, for Florida to allow New Yorkers to come here, is flat-out SUICIDE.
The virus is already in Florida.......locking the door after the robber is already in the house doesn't do anything for you.........Unless you don't want the robber to be able to escape .....LOL

This is NOW A MATH EQUATION.........only a vaccine or it runs it's course is gonna happen.....
In Florida, when we have robbers in our house, we shoot them. Same thing for robbers outside in the street.

Ban New York travel, NOW.

Banning travel at this point is useless.........it is an exponential virus and it is now a math equation.

It's loose and nothing is gonna stop it now........It would take the entire country to lock down solid for 2 weeks minimum. no one goes anywhere to stop this now.

True..........but we are not an Island...........that analysis doesn't apply..........

We can only minimize the damage from the virus......we can't stop it.......SARs of 2003 was stopped EARLY ON.....or it would have been Deadly on this earth........high death rate.......luckily it was stopped early......

Again, when your bathtub overflows, you fist turn off the water. Then you clean up the mess.

Whether the virus can or can't be stopped, for Florida to allow New Yorkers to come here, is flat-out SUICIDE.

I'm really sick of thumb-suckers crying about their safety and recommending we ALL give up our essential liberties.

We might keep "safe" for a little while but we will have lost our nation.

The virus is already in Florida.......locking the door after the robber is already in the house doesn't do anything for you.........Unless you don't want the robber to be able to escape .....LOL

This is NOW A MATH EQUATION.........only a vaccine or it runs it's course is gonna happen.....
In Florida, when we have robbers in our house, we shoot them. Same thing for robbers outside in the street.

Same in Alabama.............now tell me how to shoot a microbe.....

:disbelief:

Yeah, who needs a Constitution when it's our hind end on the line? Burn it down. "Keep us safe, keep us safe"!

What a nation of complete weenies we've become. Every single day I feel like I have to apologize to my Revolutionary War-fighting patriot ancestors. Every day.

Florida governor Ron DeSantis has put travel restrictions on New York to Florida travel. People coming to Florida are required to self-quarantine for 2 weeks.

I don't think that's good enough. There should be a complete ban on all movement of people from New York to Florida. Airlines should be banned from selling tickets in New York, with Florida destinations.

The problems New York is having is a result of a the reckless lack of proper city planning of previous generations. This negligence has created the enormous population density far above any other American city, both in housing, business, and transportation.

I wonder if they are still running their crowded subway trains, and cramming people into elevators in tall buildings.

Having lived in New York City for 30 years, I always had the feeling that the extreme population density there would blow up into something really bad someday. That day has arrived.

Honestly, the most disturbing part of this entire experience for me has not been how dangerous the virus is. Nor even the tenuous economic times.

It's how easily those Jackboots slip on way too many of my fellow American's feet. THAT is what keeps me up at night.

Really.
WHAT Jackboots ? The New York spring breakers and their callous disregard for Florida elderly ? If you mean that, I agree, except that the kids are YOUNG and stupid. We were all that way once.

Which is not as bad as allowing free movement, when that free movement is lethal to our population.

Government's primary responsibility is to PROTECT it's people. Not cater to dangerous outsiders. Get to work, Governor.

Yeah, who needs a Constitution when it's our hind end on the line? Burn it down. "Keep us safe, keep us safe"!

What a nation of complete weenies we've become. Every single day I feel like I have to apologize to my Revolutionary War-fighting patriot ancestors. Every day.
You don't have any constitutional rights when you're DEAD. Get it ?

Really.

Which is not as bad as allowing free movement, when that free movement is lethal to our population.

Government's primary responsibility is to PROTECT it's people. Not cater to dangerous outsiders. Get to work, Governor.

No indeed, the gov't main job is NOT to protect it's people; it's to protect its FREEDOMS and its nation. Where in the world did you get that idea? It's OUR job to protect ourselves.

God help us, our nation is well and truly lost.

The government is not your daddy. It is not the governments job to sustain your life. Whatever the modern Nanny State would have you believe. No.

That's easy. You PREVENT it from being where you are - as much as possible (in addition to developing vaccine and cure)

The preamble to the Constitution which I hope we all had to memorize at some point:

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Yes, it mentions defense and welfare. But the parting shot is LIBERTY to ourselves and our posterity. NOT welfare to our posterity--ie, "safety". LIBERTY.

LOL

The Fear mongering seems to work............over 99% who get this will survive it...........1957 and 1968 how many Americans died and from what.

We've bought time........and that is all....if they don't get the vaccine soon.......this virus will run it's course...........Sorry......Mother Nature is one Bad Ass B..............

History DOESN'T LIE.

LOL

The Fear mongering seems to work............over 99% who get this will survive it...........1957 and 1968 how many Americans died and from what.

We've bought time........and that is all....if they don't get the vaccine soon.......this virus will run it's course...........Sorry......Mother Nature is one Bad Ass B..............

History DOESN'T LIE.

I mean honestly the number of Americans who think the gov'ts job is to sustain our lives.

That's easy. You PREVENT it from being where you are - as much as possible (in addition to developing vaccine and cure)
It's already here.....in Alabama......so all you can do is take precautions and avoid others........Most people don't even know they have this virus.........Asymptomatic............85% now that they KNOW OF...LOL.....don't go to the hospital. I guarantee you that 4 to 5 times at least of the numbers reported have had this disease........

That is exactly why they want to start testing to see who has immunity or some immunity from it. They don't have a clue how many have really had this.

I love how Americans are all for states rights when it pisses on the Constitution. You dipshits deserve your slavery...fuckin clowns.

Really.

No indeed, the gov't main job is NOT to protect it's people; it's to protect its FREEDOMS and its nation. Where in the world did you get that idea? It's OUR job to protect ourselves.

No indeed. Government's number 1 responsibility is always the PROTECTION of it's people. I find your view to be horrifying.

Good Lord. Is this what the liberal loonies are teaching our kids these days ? I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Another example of the mess our education system has become.

Sure, it our job to protect ourselves, but that is only on an individual level. For larger things (Nazi Germany, ISIS, hurricanes, etc), it is governments job, and sometimes some freedom must be surpressed. During World War 2, citizens lived through blackouts for months to deter Japanese coastline attacks. Now we have stay home orders. I support them 100%,and I condemn those states not doing them.

The least we can do, is keep people from those irresponsible states out of here, and not let their recklessness spread to us.

Not only should people not be traveling to other states, they shouldn't even be traveling around in their own communities. They should be staying at home, except for absolute necessity.

Interstate travel to warm beaches is not necessity.

Last edited:

Really.

No indeed. Government's number 1 responsibility is always the PROTECTION of it's people. I find your view to be horrifying.

Good Lord. Is this what the liberal loonies are teaching our kids these days ? I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Another example of the mess our education system has become.

Sure, it our job to protect ourselves, but that is only on an individual level. For larger things (Nazi Germany, ISIS, hurricanes, etc), it is governments job, and sometimes some freedom must be surpressed. During World War 2, citizens lived through blackouts for months to deter Japanese coastline attacks. Now we have stay home orders. I support them 100%,and I condemn those states not doing them.

The least we can do, is keep people from those irresponsible states out of here, and not let their recklessness spread to us.

Not only should people not be traveling to other states, they shouldn't even be traveling around in their own communities. They should be staying at home, except for absolute necessity.

Interstate travel to warm beaches is not necessity.

The protection of the NATION--hence, the national defense. Yes, that is why we have armies. Yes, it is not the gov't job to protect the liberties of Germans (?!). It is their job to protect you FROM FOREIGN NATIONS and to protect YOUR liberties.

If something (a virus) is threatening the national welfare, yes the gov can act, but it is a VERY grey area as to how many Constitutionally protected liberties they can take away. That YOU are afraid to die does not mean MY liberties have to be taken.

No. Really.

I love how Americans are all for states rights when it pisses on the Constitution. You dipshits deserve your slavery...fuckin clowns.
Shut up weiner. If we hadn't protected your defenseless asses in World War 2, you would have never been born.

It's already here.....in Alabama......so all you can do is take precautions and avoid others........Most people don't even know they have this virus.........Asymptomatic............85% now that they KNOW OF...LOL.....don't go to the hospital. I guarantee you that 4 to 5 times at least of the numbers reported have had this disease........

That is exactly why they want to start testing to see who has immunity or some immunity from it. They don't have a clue how many have really had this.
That it's already here, doesn't mean you have to let more of it be here.

Even before the virus that was a good idea..... New Yorkers came down and tried to implement the liberal policies that drove them to leave NY. Thankfully they seemed to only will seats on the condo boards
Interesting point. I find it reasonable.

Forum List

Back