Florida passes a bill that fines Big Tech for banning candidates...DeSantis strikes again

A more accurate name for the bill would be the. " I'm pouting because they won't let trump tweet, so I'm gonna pass a stupid bill."

What bothers me most about this crap is the orwellian way they pretend they're concerned about free speech, as they propose The Ministry Of Truth.

It isn't about free speech. It is about how elections are conducted in the state of Florida.

It's a power grab. The state has seen the impact of social media and they, both sides, want to control it.

Last edited:
Ronny D swinging his big bat around. This bill has some nice teeth.

POST THE STANDARDS AND THEN APPLY THEM CONSISTENTLY? What a concept!

He's got another bill on his desk or one that will arrive shortly that halts Colleges, Universities and Professors from
violating the rights of conservative students. That one has all sorts of bites for the Professors, Deans and Presidents.
It details out that they are state employees and are paid by the people of Florida and governed by the state government of Florida
and they will obey.

There will be some crying on that one when it is passed.

Not a snowball's chance in hell of getting past the supreme court.
Because?

It's great legislation...if passed at the national level. Passed at the state level this might cause tech companies to leave Florida.

The courts quickly and easily will overturn this if it ever becomes law.

The tech companies are private business, and government cannot give or take away free speech.
What limits does our current regulatory scheme put on regulating companies? I really do not see a limit anywhere. About the only limitation I have seen is equal application of standards.

"equal application of standards" is great if that means each side has an equal opportunity to set the record correctly.

Florida Man....Big Tech can always pull out.
And miss all that money? Lolololololol

How many branches of the stupid tree did you smack on the way down?

"equal application of standards" is great if that means each side has an equal opportunity to set the record correctly.
Not really. This law would pass that standard. In practice, that is not how it will work but that is always the case, the guys in power get to enforce the rules.

We have a McCarthy era phrase in our pledge.

Exodus 20:16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

A more accurate name for the bill would be the. " I'm pouting because they won't let trump tweet, so I'm gonna pass a stupid bill."

What bothers me most about this crap is the orwellian way they pretend they're concerned about free speech, as they propose The Ministry Of Truth.

It isn't about free speech. It is about how elections are conducted in the state of Florida.

It's a power grab. The state has seen the impact of social media and they, both sides, want to control it.

Appears to only apply to candidates during elections.

I always get a kick watching contards cheer for big government.

Stupid childish antics that won't survive the first courtroom it sees.

The courts quickly and easily will overturn this if it ever becomes law.

The tech companies are private business, and government cannot give or take away free speech.

The tech companies are not private businesses because they actually are just subdividing the public internet.
It is not like they are running their own network or anything remotely owned by them.
Of course the government can give free speech.
All businesses are require to fair use agreements and are prohibited by law from discriminating.
Twitter and Facebook do not have a leg to stand on legally, and have always been conducting business in a dubious manner.
Since they are open to the public, the only legal basis they can censor on are if a person is committing slander or inciting violence.
So you think they should have to bake the cake?

The left hates and has always hated free expression. Leftists here support censorship because they love totalitarian government.

"bill sponsor Ray Rodrigues, R-Estero, said “big tech is not a free market” and that the state has a role in regulating such companies."

If the data barons take on such a fight and lose, and they certainly COULD, it would potentially ruin them. The go-to slur against those who are complaining of unfair behavior is "it's a private business". States are FULLY within their rights to regulate such businesses WITHIN THAT STATE. If Dorsey, Cuckberg, and scum at Google refuse to be held to a reasonable standard, then they can stop doing their "private business" in Florida. Easy solution, innit?
So you think they should have to bake the damn cake, right? I thought you said private businesses shouldn't have to participate in something they didn't agree with.

On what grounds? States fine companies all the time.
Sure, but they generally have to break a law before they are fined. This is about trump being able to tweet. Don't try to pretend it is anything else.

The left hates and has always hated free expression. Leftists here support censorship because they love totalitarian government.

Really?

As the right wing tries to overturn an election, attempts an insurrection, introduces over 200 laws regarding elections because their orange, retarded, dear leader didn't win?

A company has the right to refuse service to anyone, that includes publishing lies, conspiracy theories and BS.

Now, the right wing is delighted that the "Gubmint" is forcing companies to publish their BS.

I love my governor............you all should be jealous.

View attachment 484681

DeSantis sucks just like his daddy.

"My daddy can't tweet so I'm gonna pass a law, so he can".

"bill sponsor Ray Rodrigues, R-Estero, said “big tech is not a free market” and that the state has a role in regulating such companies."

If the data barons take on such a fight and lose, and they certainly COULD, it would potentially ruin them. The go-to slur against those who are complaining of unfair behavior is "it's a private business". States are FULLY within their rights to regulate such businesses WITHIN THAT STATE. If Dorsey, Cuckberg, and scum at Google refuse to be held to a reasonable standard, then they can stop doing their "private business" in Florida. Easy solution, innit?
So you think they should have to bake the damn cake, right? I thought you said private businesses shouldn't have to participate in something they didn't agree with.

Definitely bakers should bake any cake any customer orders.
When open to the public, you can't discriminate.

Forum List

Back