Florida Grand Jury Report Vindicates 5 Spot-On Covid Claims You Weren’t Allowed To Say, released report on its investigation into Pharma malfeasance

No, because it gave people a false sense of security, especially those using cloth or surgical masks.

You have not answered the question of how effective did these agencies say masks were?

I don't remember them saying they were 100 percent effective.

When I went to visit my 100 year old grandfather before the shots came out I made sure I wasn't exposed to anyone for a week, masks or no masks.

Very wise especially considering masks are not 100 percent effective.

Even the KN95 or N95's give a false sense of security when used against diseases, because people don't follow precautions AFTER they take them off like clothing changes, disinfecting body parts, or disposing of the masks after use.
Agreed but I expect any claims of mask effectiveness are based on correct usage.

You don't have to be a doctor to know that poorly worn and maintained masks in a non surgical setting are probably not going to do much to prevent you from getting airborne diseases, including COVID.

I've got a Masters in ChemE, and I've probably done more study and research on particulate and aerosol filtering than your average MD has.
The masks were only for Obedience. No serious epidemiology could ever consider that they would be effective at all. Obedience masks....an experiment in mass control.

The masks were only for Obedience. No serious epidemiology could ever consider that they would be effective at all. Obedience masks....an experiment in mass control.
It's you contention that masks did absolutely nothing?

You have not answered the question of how effective did these agencies say masks were?

Agreed but I expect any claims of mask effectiveness are based on correct usage.
There is no CORRECT USAGE.... If you are referring to a fit test followed by a smoke test....followed by training in how to manually seal a mask as each new mask needs to be fitted....well then perhaps. Other than that it's all BS.

Anything less than an N95 was virtual chicken wire to the corona virus. Most people are not capable of wearing an N95 for any length of time. In as little as 30 minutes the one way valve is flooded with saliva moisture and lurid bacterial growth.

Wore too many of those damn things.

It's you contention that masks did absolutely nothing?
I'm sure you consider the NYT a valid information source -

The most rigorous and comprehensive analysis of scientific studies conducted on the efficacy of masks for reducing the spread of respiratory illnesses — including Covid-19 — was published late last month. Its conclusions, said Tom Jefferson, the Oxford epidemiologist who is its lead author, were unambiguous.

“There is just no evidence that they” — masks — “make any difference,” he told the journalist Maryanne Demasi. “Full stop.”

But, wait, hold on. What about N-95 masks, as opposed to lower-quality surgical or cloth masks?

“Makes no difference — none of it,” said Jefferson.

The most rigorous and comprehensive analysis of scientific studies conducted on the efficacy of masks for reducing the spread of respiratory illnesses — including Covid-19 — was published late last month. Its conclusions, said Tom Jefferson, the Oxford epidemiologist who is its lead author, were unambiguous.

“There is just no evidence that they” — masks — “make any difference,” he told the journalist Maryanne Demasi. “Full stop.”

But, wait, hold on. What about N-95 masks, as opposed to lower-quality surgical or cloth masks?

There ya go....

There is no CORRECT USAGE.... If you are referring to a fit test followed by a smoke test....followed by training in how to manually seal a mask as each new mask needs to be fitted....well then perhaps. Other than that it's all BS.

Anything less than an N95 was virtual chicken wire to the corona virus. Most people are not capable of wearing an N95 for any length of time. In as little as 30 minutes the one way valve is flooded with saliva moisture and lurid bacterial growth.

Wore too many of those damn things.
So you are saying that masks less then N95 (disposable surgical masks) do not stop any droplets of saliva or are you saying that the virus can not reside in a drop of saliva?

"The group's report was published by Cochrane, an organization that collects databases and periodically issues “systematic” reviews of scientific evidence relevant to health care. This year it published a paper addressing the efficacy of physical interventions to slow the spread of respiratory illness such as COVID. The authors determined that wearing surgical masks “probably makes little or no difference” and that the value of N95 masks is “very uncertain.”

"The media reduced these statements to the claim that masks did not work. Under a headline proclaiming “The Mask Mandates Did Nothing,” New York Times columnist Bret Stephens wrote that “the mainstream experts and pundits ... were wrong” and demanded that they apologize for the unnecessary bother they had caused. Other headlines and comments declared that “Masks Still Don't Work,” that the evidence for masks was “Approximately Zero,” that “Face Masks Made ‘Little to No Difference,’” and even that “12 Research Studies Prove Masks Didn't Work.”

"Karla Soares-Weiser, the Cochrane Library's editor in chief, objected to such characterizations of the review. The report had not concluded that “masks don't work,” she insisted. Rather the review of studies of masking concluded that the “results were inconclusive.”

Oddly, from the same link, this guy also asserted...

Cochrane has made this mistake before. In 2016 a flurry of media reports declared that flossing your teeth was a waste of time. “Feeling Guilty about Not Flossing?” the New York Times asked. No need to worry, Newsweek reassured us, because the “flossing myth” had “been shattered.” But the American Academy of Periodontology, dental professors, deans of dental schools and clinical dentists (including mine) all affirmed that clinical practice reveals clear differences in tooth and gum health between those who floss and those who don't. What was going on?

I hope you still floss.

They didn't say they were ineffective, and they made them mandatory, thus implying their effectiveness.

The simple fact is people that claimed masks were pretty much pointless were denigrated as crazy and liars.

They were a stopgap measure that the powers that be couldn't then admit were just that.

They were a shot in the dark when they were worried about 5% mortality rates across the board, when it was found to be far less lethal they should have went with isolating the old and the sick, and let the rest of us get it and get herd immunity.

They didn't say they were ineffective, and they made them mandatory, thus implying their effectiveness.

What is the implication other then masks can provide protection?

Even small amounts of protection warrants mask use, right?

I mean, how many people have to be saved by masks in order for you to think, "yeah, I guess it's worth it"?

The simple fact is people that claimed masks were pretty much pointless were denigrated as crazy and liars.
I can't speak to that but I believe those people to be misinformed if they thought masks were pointless...or even "pretty much" pointless but that is subjective I suppose.

To me it is simply common sense. I am just an electrical worker but I know that coughs, sneezes or even throat clears produce droplets of saliva; this is why we cover our mouths or cough into our inside elbows etc, to stop droplets of saliva from being airborne. Do you not cover your mouth when you sneeze?

On top of this common sense makes me believe that the virus can be contained in those drops of saliva.

Lastly it is common sense that even poorly sealed disposable masks will entrap many of these same saliva droplets and in doing so reduces the chance of spreading COVID.

What is the implication other then masks can provide protection?

Even small amounts of protection warrants mask use, right?

I mean, how many people have to be saved by masks in order for you to think, "yeah, I guess it's worth it"?

I can't speak to that but I believe those people to be misinformed if they thought masks were pointless...or even "pretty much" pointless but that is subjective I suppose.

To me it is simply common sense. I am just an electrical worker but I know that coughs, sneezes or even throat clears produce droplets of saliva; this is why we cover our mouths or cough into our inside elbows etc, to stop droplets of saliva from being airborne. Do you not cover your mouth when you sneeze?

On top of this common sense makes me believe that the virus can be contained in those drops of saliva.

Lastly it is common sense that even poorly sealed disposable masks will entrap many of these same saliva droplets and in doing so reduces the chance of spreading COVID.

Not if they provide a false sense of security, and have other drawbacks suck as deprived oxygenation and restricted breathing. They were sold as a cure all.

How many people suffered because of masks, or decided they couldn't go somewhere because they didn't want to wear one?

How many at risk people put their faith in masks as a cure all and got sick and died anyway?

It's turning out more and more that masks being mostly pointless IS NOT misinformation, despite your continued dogmatic attachment to the Church of Mask.

what about the drops too small to be caught by the masks? or the ones breathed out by guys with beards wearing masks, or the ones breathed out by people not covering their noses with thier masks?

Actually it isn't common sense. When you wear a mask like I have to sometimes in construction you need to be fit tested and you have to shave off your facial hair or you can't use them.

Covid was all about

Depopulation
Wealth generating and transferring scheme
Testing an experimental drug to gauge the effectiveness so a more lethal strain can be engineered
Destroying food processing plants

Not if they provide a false sense of security, and have other drawbacks suck as deprived oxygenation and restricted breathing. They were sold as a cure all.

You keeping stating this but still haven't provided an example how this false security manifested?

What exactly was claimed about wearing masks from applicable agencies that gave people a false sense of security?

How many people suffered because of masks, or decided they couldn't go somewhere because they didn't want to wear one?

I don't know but that was their own personal decision.

How many at risk people put their faith in masks as a cure all and got sick and died anyway?

Why would they think it is a cure all?

It's turning out more and more that masks being mostly pointless IS NOT misinformation, despite your continued dogmatic attachment to the Church of Mask.

It is disinformation. Masks are not pointless.

what about the drops too small to be caught by the masks? or the ones breathed out by guys with beards wearing masks, or the ones breathed out by people not covering their noses with thier masks?

Masks likely won't effectively stop those droplets.

They will stop the larger droplets...even the average sized droplets.

Actually it isn't common sense. When you wear a mask like I have to sometimes in construction you need to be fit tested and you have to shave off your facial hair or you can't use them.
What does that have to do with common sense that masks stop droplets of saliva and droplets of saliva contain the virus?

Interesting. I have never seen that kind stipulation for wearing masks in the construction industry. What were they constructing; bio labs or something?

You must have approved because it at least made mask wearing more effective?

You keeping stating this but still haven't provided an example how this false security manifested?

What exactly was claimed about wearing masks from applicable agencies that gave people a false sense of security?

I don't know but that was their own personal decision.

Why would they think it is a cure all?

It is disinformation. Masks are not pointless.

Masks likely won't effectively stop those droplets.

They will stop the larger droplets...even the average sized droplets.

What does that have to do with common sense that masks stop droplets of saliva and droplets of saliva contain the virus?

Interesting. I have never seen that kind stipulation for wearing masks in the construction industry. What were they constructing; bio labs or something?

You must have approved because it at least made mask wearing more effective?

Please. It was inherent in the forced use of the masks.

Again, due to the forced use, and all those happy signs like on the subway showing it "worked"

Only if properly used, and only until the saturation level of a given enclosed space is reached.

That is the macro analysis, not saying that even if they did it partially, the remainder getting into the open made them questionable at best in efficacy, despite the government mandates pretending they worked 100%.

No one with facial hair on the seal part of a mask can get fit tested, even for dust.

Please. It was inherent in the forced use of the masks.

Again, due to the forced use, and all those happy signs like on the subway showing it "worked"

Forced use implies they help, which they do.

If you believed forced use meant the masks were 100 percent effective, that is on you.

Only if properly used, and only until the saturation level of a given enclosed space is reached.

That is the macro analysis, not saying that even if they did it partially, the remainder getting into the open made them questionable at best in efficacy, despite the government mandates pretending they worked 100%.

Nobody pretended they were 100 percent effective.

No one with facial hair on the seal part of a mask can get fit tested, even for dust.
I am aware. I have been fitted for masks before working with aqueous ammonia and also they didn't let us have facial hair in the navy because we had to be able to wear gas masks and OBAs.

Yet even a poorly worn mask will stop many saliva droplets.

Why look to medical researchers with experience and data when you could trust a random group of anonymous Florida people?

If you believed forced use meant the masks were 100 percent effective, that is on you.

I am aware. I have been fitted for masks before working with aqueous ammonia and also they didn't let us have facial hair in the navy because we had to be able to wear gas masks and OBAs.

The real issue was how people reacted. Never forget how people screw with you. And never forget the ones who did it. Unfortunately, in times of duress, many others get affected when revenge is applied. Despot states have killed many of their own. If people do not fight it, then a malaise envelops. The nation slowly dies from people not seeing anything in it for them but a lousy life under harsh dictatorial scrutiny. Work becomes sloppier as positive attributes diminishes. People sell out each other to have their master's acceptance of them. We are doing it here. A lot of it the same some done differently. Earlier in the rounds for some of it as compared to others.

they didn't help enough to be forced on anyone like a religious talisman.

Bullshit. They were sold as shields, not sieves.

Again, not enough to make enough of a difference to force everyone to use them and then not really care how well they were used.

Forum List

Back