Florida city’s offer of Safe Place to LGBTQ+ people prompts Republican ire

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

Crissy Stile, the mayor of Mount Dora, told the Guardian the city would not be dissuaded by the politicians, who represent a county she said was “a little bit slower on the equality scale”.

“Mount Dora is very advanced, very inclusive, very safe already for all kinds of walks of life and beliefs, and Lake county is a little bit behind us,” she said.

Thats just beautifully put isnt it ? A little bit behind us could apply to conservatives everywhere. Even on these forums.

Maybe one day they will catch up and the world will be a better place. There must be similar schemes out in the Keys. When I visited I was the only straight guy in Key West.

Until we discard the religion called politics we will never be a decent place.

Reminds me of cities back in the day that were considered "safe places" for homos, the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah.

After not too long, the angels Almighty God sent to investigate the situation couldn't find even 5 Normative people in the town.

Reminds me of cities back in the day that were considered "safe places" for homos, the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah.

After not too long, the angels Almighty God sent to investigate the situation couldn't find even 5 Normative people in the town.
What were their names ?

Turdy Tainted is naturally sympathetic because of the retribution that fellow Welsh people exacted from this well known Wrexham homeless communist who parades up and down the shopping centre shouting out , “ Up the workers” . But It is him , only in his unwashed under pants, that is most disgusting .

I think the hate is dying out. The next generation is a lot more open minded. In a few years these haters will be seen as freaks. Like witch burners,
I never understood witch burners especially when the people that came to the new world were persecuted from where you live. Understand if what you call hate was happening in very low tax environs then you have a point. Perhaps many. Open mindedness means nothing if bread and cheese trucks become the norm after the collapse of welfare cards which is a head scratcher since the war on poverty started 60 years ago and gosh darn it, tens of trillions of dollars and it is still here. Explain it for us all.

Crissy Stile, the mayor of Mount Dora, told the Guardian the city would not be dissuaded by the politicians, who represent a county she said was “a little bit slower on the equality scale”.

“Mount Dora is very advanced, very inclusive, very safe already for all kinds of walks of life and beliefs, and Lake county is a little bit behind us,” she said.

Thats just beautifully put isnt it ? A little bit behind us could apply to conservatives everywhere. Even on these forums.

Maybe one day they will catch up and the world will be a better place. There must be similar schemes out in the Keys. When I visited I was the only straight guy in Key West.
Some of Florida's conservative counties are getting a wakeup call. No matter your politics when the law enforcement and judicial powers are corrupted and the power is spread to private businesses against anyone who complains, then their downfall should be met with applause. Unfortunately, there are those caught in that abuse of power who have lost. And they do not forget. I told you l.c.i. vengeance is of your own making. The mouse and parts of the counties surrounding it are slowly condemned.

I never understood witch burners especially when the people that came to the new world were persecuted from where you live. Understand if what you call hate was happening in very low tax environs then you have a point. Perhaps many. Open mindedness means nothing if bread and cheese trucks become the norm after the collapse of welfare cards which is a head scratcher since the war on poverty started 60 years ago and gosh darn it, tens of trillions of dollars and it is still here. Explain it for us all.
Uts good that you dont understand witch burners. Neither do I. You lost me with the rest of your post.

Some of Florida's conservative counties are getting a wakeup call. No matter your politics when the law enforcement and judicial powers are corrupted and the power is spread to private businesses against anyone who complains, then their downfall should be met with applause. Unfortunately, there are those caught in that abuse of power who have lost. And they do not forget. I told you l.c.i. vengeance is of your own making. The mouse and parts of the counties surrounding it are slowly condemned.
They created a safe space for people who get abused. I can see how that would upset you. If you are insane of course.

Sounds like your average university town or major city. Houston has been that way for decades. Houston had the first Lesbian mayor. Houston is so open, it occasionally recognizes Dallas' right to exist. Occasionally.

Forum List

Back