flight 804 recorders too damaged

there4eyeM

unlicensed metaphysician
Jul 5, 2012
from the BBC, 0623/2016:
"Damaged flight recorders from the EgyptAir aircraft that crashed last month will be sent to France for repairs, Egyptian investigators say.

They say memory chips from Flight MS804 which contain vital information will be delivered to French experts next week.

The Airbus A320 was en route from Paris to Cairo when it vanished from radar in the eastern Mediterranean on 19 May.

All 66 people on board the plane were killed. Some debris from the plane has since been recovered from the sea.

In a statement, the Egyptian investigative committee said the two recorders would be sent to France's BEA accident experts to remove salt deposits from the memory chips."

Current event, so not under conspiracy theories, but this whole affair has to make one wonder.

What was so violent that it damaged these, at least supposedly, indestructible and usually reliable instruments?

There are too many similarities between this crash and the Malaysian flight two years ago. Both lost radio contact just as the plane was leaving one country's airspace and entering another's, in the middle of the night, over a large body of water. Neither plane had a history of plausible mechanical difficulties. The pilots should have/would have sent a distress signal, but didn't, indicating either they or their communication system was incapacitated suddenly. There was a thorough investigation of every soul on the planes and nothing could be tied to terrorism. This Egypt flight just happened to turn before crashing so it would be over the deepest part of the Mediterranean Sea, which caused it to take a month to retrieve the wreckage and the black boxes, which are probably too damaged to use. Malaysian plane sunk somewhere in the Indian Ocean and was never found.

Okay. So I think someone has figured out how to take a plane down remotely. The Malaysian plane was a screw up--the auto pilot won, but the broader objective was accomplished eventually. The second time, after adjusting for what went wrong, they got it right with the Egypt flight. Of course they're not going to take responsibility. They're still practicing and they don't want anyone sniffing around and stealing their secret. I have no idea who the someone is, but that's my theory.

So you think it was a big bomb? A missile strike? What?

As said above, this isn't intended to enter too much into conspiracies or it would have been put over there, but it certainly seems strange. Anyway, it wouldn't be much of a 'conspiracy' guess to imagine who would have committed the act.
Has a new technique been found to cause explosions, like lithium battery tampering, etc.? Does anyone have knowledge in that department?

As said above, this isn't intended to enter too much into conspiracies or it would have been put over there, but it certainly seems strange. Anyway, it wouldn't be much of a 'conspiracy' guess to imagine who would have committed the act.
Has a new technique been found to cause explosions, like lithium battery tampering, etc.? Does anyone have knowledge in that department?
Why would terrorists target a Malaysian plane and an Egyptian plane?
I don't consider my theory a "conspiracy" per se; No idea who's behind it or why, and I don't think the government(s) are covering up the truth. I don't think they know the truth.

from the BBC, 0623/2016:
"Damaged flight recorders from the EgyptAir aircraft that crashed last month will be sent to France for repairs, Egyptian investigators say.

They say memory chips from Flight MS804 which contain vital information will be delivered to French experts next week.

The Airbus A320 was en route from Paris to Cairo when it vanished from radar in the eastern Mediterranean on 19 May.

All 66 people on board the plane were killed. Some debris from the plane has since been recovered from the sea.

In a statement, the Egyptian investigative committee said the two recorders would be sent to France's BEA accident experts to remove salt deposits from the memory chips."

Current event, so not under conspiracy theories, but this whole affair has to make one wonder.
It's not unusual for the FDR and/or CVR to be severely damaged by impact.

There are too many similarities between this crash and the Malaysian flight two years ago. Both lost radio contact just as the plane was leaving one country's airspace and entering another's, in the middle of the night, over a large body of water. Neither plane had a history of plausible mechanical difficulties. The pilots should have/would have sent a distress signal, but didn't, indicating either they or their communication system was incapacitated suddenly. There was a thorough investigation of every soul on the planes and nothing could be tied to terrorism. This Egypt flight just happened to turn before crashing so it would be over the deepest part of the Mediterranean Sea, which caused it to take a month to retrieve the wreckage and the black boxes, which are probably too damaged to use. Malaysian plane sunk somewhere in the Indian Ocean and was never found.

Okay. So I think someone has figured out how to take a plane down remotely. The Malaysian plane was a screw up--the auto pilot won, but the broader objective was accomplished eventually. The second time, after adjusting for what went wrong, they got it right with the Egypt flight. Of course they're not going to take responsibility. They're still practicing and they don't want anyone sniffing around and stealing their secret. I have no idea who the someone is, but that's my theory.

So you think it was a big bomb? A missile strike? What?
There are big differences between Malaysian Air flight 370 and EgyptAir flight MS804. The odds are MH370 was an elaborate suicide by the Captain. It evaded radar sites and was probably intact upon impact with the ocean.

EgyptAir MS804 broke up at altitude and was tracked until it fell off the radar as it (probably) broke up.

EgyptAir flight MS804: What we know - BBC News
On 16 June, investigators reported that the search team had recovered the cockpit voice recorder, with its memory unit intact. The device was taken to Alexandria to be studied.

It could yield up to two hours of conversation between the pilot and co-pilot. However, investigators said it was damaged and had had to be retrieved from the water in stages
_89743734_flight_data_voice_recorder_624in.png

"In a statement released on Thursday, EgyptAir said the French will "carry out repair and removal of salt accumulations."
"Then (the black boxes will be sent) back to Cairo to perform data analysis at the labs of the Ministry of Civil Aviation."

The French are too stupid to make a copy before they send it back, and the Egyptians will spin lies on what really happened just as they did when their Muslim pilot did a kamakazee run with his 747.

However, investigators said it was damaged and had had to be retrieved from the water in stages.
Which tells you it was an extremely high impact. Flight 93 recorder was recovered and it did an 80 degree dive straight into ground.
So what do YOU think happened? A bomb? Placed there by terrorists?
My hope is that now they have found the black box in the tail of the plane, that must mean they have found the body of the plane, doesn't it? That should tell them, shouldn't it, if it was an explosion? The world learned to keep these investigations out of the media spotlight after the Malaysian crash circus, but my curiosity is certainly piqued that nothing was reported about finding the plane itself. I haven't seen any Muslim countries refusing to admit terrorist attacks. I don't agree with your theory that it is being hushed up because they learned Muslims did it.

However, investigators said it was damaged and had had to be retrieved from the water in stages.
Which tells you it was an extremely high impact. Flight 93 recorder was recovered and it did an 80 degree dive straight into ground.
True. Let's not forget the Airbus CVR also sank in 8200 feet of water (248 atmospheres**) ...and was made in France (or China). ;)

**248 atmospheres = 3644.6 pounds per square inch.

My hope is that now they have found the black box in the tail of the plane, that must mean they have found the body of the plane, doesn't it? That should tell them, shouldn't it, if it was an explosion? The world learned to keep these investigations out of the media spotlight after the Malaysian crash circus, but my curiosity is certainly piqued that nothing was reported about finding the plane itself. I haven't seen any Muslim countries refusing to admit terrorist attacks. I don't agree with your theory that it is being hushed up because they learned Muslims did it.

"I rely on God"

That’s what Gameel Al-Batouti, the co-pilot of EgyptAir Flight 990, repeated — 11 times in Arabic — before the aircraft he was operating mysteriously plunged into the icy waters of the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Massachusetts on Oct. 31, 1999.

That audio, captured by the recovered flight recorder, was a key piece of evidence for U.S. authorities and the National Safety Transportation Board (NTSB), which concluded that Al-Batouti was suicidal and had purposefully brought the airliner down while the first officer was out of the cockpit. The Egyptian Civil Aviation Agency was adamant, however, that mechanical error was to blame and dismissed the NTSB investigation as “flawed and biased.” Egypt still officially denies that Al-Batouti committed suicide.

Read more: Egypt’s Long History of Air-Disaster Denial

"I rely on God"

That’s what Gameel Al-Batouti, the co-pilot of EgyptAir Flight 990, repeated — 11 times in Arabic — before the aircraft he was operating mysteriously plunged into the icy waters of the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Massachusetts on Oct. 31, 1999.

That audio, captured by the recovered flight recorder, was a key piece of evidence for U.S. authorities and the National Safety Transportation Board (NTSB), which concluded that Al-Batouti was suicidal and had purposefully brought the airliner down while the first officer was out of the cockpit. The Egyptian Civil Aviation Agency was adamant, however, that mechanical error was to blame and dismissed the NTSB investigation as “flawed and biased.” Egypt still officially denies that Al-Batouti committed suicide.

Read more: Egypt’s Long History of Air-Disaster Denial
True, but, first, let's not forget Egypt, in 1999, was under Mubarak's crumbling regime.

The Mysterious Plane Crash That Explains U.S.-Egypt Mistrust

While it's entirely possible MS804 was another suicide, a fire or a fire-caused-by-a-bomb/device is more likely the cause based on current evidence.

I see no "conspiracy" in the CVR damage.

"In a statement released on Thursday, EgyptAir said the French will "carry out repair and removal of salt accumulations."
"Then (the black boxes will be sent) back to Cairo to perform data analysis at the labs of the Ministry of Civil Aviation."

The French are too stupid to make a copy before they send it back, and the Egyptians will spin lies on what really happened just as they did when their Muslim pilot did a kamakazee run with his 747.
Soemeone who insults the French this way is so beneath stupidity that there is not a word in English, so we have to say, "Q'est que tu est bête!"

Soemeone who insults the French this way is so beneath stupidity that there is not a word in English, so we have to say, "Q'est que tu est bête!"
I worked with but never for Airbus for years. Morons. Morons interested in one thing only - their next promotion because they made some other Airbus employee look bad.
Planes that can't dump fuel in an emergency, cockpits designed for someone besides humans, etc etc.

I worked with but never for Airbus for years. Morons. Morons interested in one thing only - their next promotion because they made some other Airbus employee look bad.
Planes that can't dump fuel in an emergency, cockpits designed for someone besides humans, etc etc.
Agreed. This reveals a fundamental philosophical difference between Americans and Europeans.

It's a classically European mentality; engineers are smarter than crew. Those who read/saw "The Right Stuff" got a taste of that when American astronauts wanted flight controls and viewports on the space capsules while the Soviet style was to treat their cosmonauts like passengers and let the engineers and ground control operate the capsule.

Forum List

Back