Flashback: Nixon White House defends “Saturday Night Massacre”

C_Clayton_Jones

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2011
In a Republic, actually
“Roughly forty-three years ago, then-President Nixon also fired the man leading an investigation into wrongdoing by his campaign associates.

On October 20, 1973. Mr. Nixon, incensed at the ongoing investigation of the break-in at Democratic National Committee headquarters during the 1972 campaign, ordered his Department of Justice to terminate the special prosecutor tasked with probing the scandal, a man named Archibald Cox.”

And Trump is desperately attempting to do the same thing.

Actually, I wish they would stop all the whining and protests. I'm not really a Trump fan, but if they keep this childish crap up they will have convinced everyone to vote for him again. Let's face it, who wants to put the party that condones this silliness in power? They put up a lousy candidate and then cry and throw temper tantrums when they lose. I would rather have a choice when I vote and not have another candidate like the one they offered last time.

“Roughly forty-three years ago, then-President Nixon also fired the man leading an investigation into wrongdoing by his campaign associates.

On October 20, 1973. Mr. Nixon, incensed at the ongoing investigation of the break-in at Democratic National Committee headquarters during the 1972 campaign, ordered his Department of Justice to terminate the special prosecutor tasked with probing the scandal, a man named Archibald Cox.”

And Trump is desperately attempting to do the same thing.

Most of the Republicans are old men and you have to know they are thinking 'holly shit here we go again'. Only this time they are in a position to squash the investigation themselves and avoid impeachment. For a while.

But public opinion is building to get rid of Trump already. It's clear to a child this man has no business being in control of anything.

Forum List

Back