FL town once accidentally honored James Earl Ray instead of James Earl Jones on MLK Day

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Someone really screwed the pooch.

"In 2002, the town of Lauderhill, Florida, invited distinguished actor James Earl Jones to be the keynote speaker at its Martin Luther King Day celebration.

To express their appreciation to Jones, the town worked with a local company to have a plaque made that thanked him for “Keeping the Dream Alive.” The plaque featured images of special edition U.S. stamps that honored black men and women, including Harriet Tubman, poet Paul Dunbar, and Martin Luther King, Jr., himself.

It should have been a lovely tribute to an accomplished man on a solemn occasion. Instead, it ended up being a horrific homage to the man who assassinated King: Someone had made the plaque out to James Earl Ray instead of James Earl Jones."

The Time Florida Accidentally Honored James Earl Ray—Instead of Jones—on MLK Day

1642507004865.png

1642507109925.png

That is SO funny............yet SO embarrassing.

I blame it on the lazy parents, raising lazy kids, who don't give a damn about learning anything in school.
I can't even imagine kids being in school all day without learning a thing that's real. When I was in school, I had good teachers who made their students hungry for knowledge.

Forum List

Back