CSPAN is hammered with racist calls like, 'James Earl Ray had a dream & it came true'

centerleftFL

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2018
C-SPAN people. Boring, low key, opinionless, 'watching paint dry' CSPAN got hammered with racist calls.

Racist callers flood C-SPAN for MLK 50th anniversary: ‘James Earl Ray had a dream and it came true’
DAVID EDWARDS
04 APR 2018 AT 12:23 ET

Racists C-SPAN viewers on Wednesday reacted to the 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King, Jr.’s death by calling in to express their bigotry and hate.

Fifty years after King was murdered, C-SPAN host Pedro Echevarria asked callers to describe the civil rights icon’s legacy.

While many callers spoke of King in glowing terms, a number of other callers expressed racist views.

A caller named Anita from Arkansas complained that there was not enough focus on the death of white President John Kennedy.

After Echevarria explained that the show was focused on the 50th anniversary of King’s death, Anita said that “his legacy was that people need to try to work together and get along.”

“And I will tell you, here in Magnolia, the black people are more prejudiced against whites than we are against them,” Anita grumbled as the C-SPAN host hung up the call in mid-sentence.

Patrick from Trenton, New Jersey told Echevarria that King’s legacy is that “blacks burned the town down after he was killed.”

“So this idea that King was a man of peace and gentle and wanting just to do things the peaceful way — our town got burned down,” Patrick said. “What you do is when you raise one group up — the blacks’ so-called civil rights — you’re taking privileges away from another group.”

“Today’s real meaning of this day — you have to look at it,” he continued. “It’s James Earl Ray, the lone-wolf assassin. He had a dream and James Earl Ray’s dream came true.”

With that, Echevarria cut off the caller and took another call from Robert in Florence, Kentucky.

Robert said that he wanted to present viewers with “some of the facts about Martin Luther King that aren’t going to be shared by the news media today or as long as the people who control the news media have control of it.”

“The fact that he’s known as a doctor, his doctorate was actually plagiarized,” Robert opined. “He is actually known as a plagiarist for also stealing the ‘I have a dream’ speech from another black pastor. He also was a communist agitator. That’s his legacy.”

“And also being a philanderer,” Robert added as Echevarria readied his finger on the cut-off button. “There’s a reason the FBI — I’m sorry, a judge, a pro-King judge sealed the FBI’s files on Dr. King or should I say Michael King, which is actually his real name. He actually didn’t have his real name legally changed. The fact that he was bugged in that hotel the night before [he was murdered], there’s a reason why the judge sealed the file because he was beating up on prostitutes which he routinely saw. This was known…”

“Okay, we’ll leave it there,” Echevarria interrupted, ending the call.

VIDEO

Racist callers flood C-SPAN for MLK 50th anniversary: ‘James Earl Ray had a dream and it came true’

Figures. The only day I don’t watch CSPAN something interesting happens. :mad:

C-Span is actually the best news! Oh yeah! That's the one! Why could I not remember that?

CBS and C-Span are the best.

C-SPAN has always received a ton of prank calls. You can find hours upon hours of video of them on Youtube. It's funny shit.

The last call made me laugh my ass off.

"You want those Doritos? Well, cool fucking ranch, kid."

:lol:

Your horror at "racism" aside, the caller makes a valid point. Ray's dream did come true, while MLK's dream has turned into a nightmare.

“I can’t even remember the last time I barrel rolled my wife!”

:lol:

C-SPAN people. Boring, low key, opinionless, 'watching paint dry' CSPAN got hammered with racist calls.

DAVID EDWARDS

Racists C-SPAN viewers on Wednesday reacted to the 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King, Jr.’s death by calling in to express their bigotry and hate.

Fifty years after King was murdered, C-SPAN host Pedro Echevarria asked callers to describe the civil rights icon’s legacy.

While many callers spoke of King in glowing terms, a number of other callers expressed racist views.

A caller named Anita from Arkansas complained that there was not enough focus on the death of white President John Kennedy.

After Echevarria explained that the show was focused on the 50th anniversary of King’s death, Anita said that “his legacy was that people need to try to work together and get along.”

“And I will tell you, here in Magnolia, the black people are more prejudiced against whites than we are against them,” Anita grumbled as the C-SPAN host hung up the call in mid-sentence.

Patrick from Trenton, New Jersey told Echevarria that King’s legacy is that “blacks burned the town down after he was killed.”

“So this idea that King was a man of peace and gentle and wanting just to do things the peaceful way — our town got burned down,” Patrick said. “What you do is when you raise one group up — the blacks’ so-called civil rights — you’re taking privileges away from another group.”

“Today’s real meaning of this day — you have to look at it,” he continued. “It’s James Earl Ray, the lone-wolf assassin. He had a dream and James Earl Ray’s dream came true.”

With that, Echevarria cut off the caller and took another call from Robert in Florence, Kentucky.

Robert said that he wanted to present viewers with “some of the facts about Martin Luther King that aren’t going to be shared by the news media today or as long as the people who control the news media have control of it.”

“The fact that he’s known as a doctor, his doctorate was actually plagiarized,” Robert opined. “He is actually known as a plagiarist for also stealing the ‘I have a dream’ speech from another black pastor. He also was a communist agitator. That’s his legacy.”

“And also being a philanderer,” Robert added as Echevarria readied his finger on the cut-off button. “There’s a reason the FBI — I’m sorry, a judge, a pro-King judge sealed the FBI’s files on Dr. King or should I say Michael King, which is actually his real name. He actually didn’t have his real name legally changed. The fact that he was bugged in that hotel the night before [he was murdered], there’s a reason why the judge sealed the file because he was beating up on prostitutes which he routinely saw. This was known…”

VIDEO

DAVID EDWARDS

VIDEO

Trump voters, each and every one.

We should all remember Dr. King today. His "I Have a Dream" speech reflected what we all are aiming for.

1968 was a bad year.

We also lost Senator Robert Kennedy that year.

No matter what one thinks about the policies of those two gentlemen, there was NO excuse for what happened to them.

IMHO, Dr. King would be very proud of the progress that has been made since 1968.

In fact, I think that he would be astonished.

I also feel that he would be very disappointed by certain developments, but this is not the day to discuss them.

Last edited:

DAVID EDWARDS

VIDEO

The Trump effect

King's I have a dream speech was plagiarized from Archibald Carey's speech before Congress.

Malcolm X had a dream. James Earl Ray made it come true.

We should all remember Dr. King today. His "I Have a Dream" speech reflected what we all are aiming for.

1968 was a bad year.

We also lost Senator Robert Kennedy that year.

No matter what one thinks about the policies of those two gentlemen, there was NO excuse for what happened to them.

IMHO, Dr. King would be very proud of the progress that has been made since 1968.

In fact, I think that he would be astonished.

I also feel that he would be very disappointed by certain developments, but this is not the day to discuss them.

Stop thinking for Dr.King please.

King's I have a dream speech was plagiarized from Archibald Carey's speech before Congress.

Malcolm X had a dream. James Earl Ray made it come true.

Given the fact King made more speeches than this, your racist claim just is irrelevant.

So t me take this time to address this particular poster. Tipsy, you are a woman. You had no rights at the time King gave that speech. The civil rights movement gave women the opportunity you get right now. Had It not been for King, your ass would be pregnant and making biscuits. You better start thinking about your condition. EVERY morning when you wake up white woman, you need to get on your knees and pray in gratitude that MLK existed because if we go backwards, you lose your rights just like everyone of color. But you are dumb......

Forum List

Back