Five Forks

bdtex

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2013
The Battle of Five Forks was fought on April 1,1865. It was the prelude to the Confederate army and government's evacuation of Richmond and Petersburg and Lee's retreat to Appomattox. I visited the battlefield in January 2016. Unfortunately the NPS Visitor Center there is now closed until further notice. Budget cuts I guess. The battle was a Union victory.

Sometimes You just want a spoon and all you got is Forks! Then you gotta fight it out !
Never under estimate the value of good table manners!

Well have 3 generals off having lunch without realizing that they were being attacked was probably a factor.

Well have 3 generals off having lunch without realizing that they were being attacked was probably a factor.
Despite that and a 2-1 numerical superiority, Union generals on the field nearly blew it. I need to go back and look at my sources, but I believe Gen. Sheridan brought Gen. Warren up on chrages afterwards.

The Battle of Five Forks was fought on April 1,1865. It was the prelude to the Confederate army and government's evacuation of Richmond and Petersburg and Lee's retreat to Appomattox. I visited the battlefield in January 2016. Unfortunately the NPS Visitor Center there is now closed until further notice. Budget cuts I guess. The battle was a Union victory.

No one wants to refight the Civil War with you Confederate racists. Get lost.

Sometimes You just want a spoon and all you got is Forks! Then you gotta fight it out !
Never under estimate the value of good table manners!
2016-01-07 14.25.48.jpg

Forum List

Back