Fiscal Cliff Negotiations!

Yup, all he has to do is go back on what he campaigned on and roll over for the Republican minority.

It is all on him.

Bend over, middle America, the chickens are coming home to rooooost!

I suppose.

Oh well, you wingnuts won't be able to bitch so much about the deficit...not that it'll stop ya.

Actually..they will.

Clinton brought in a surplus..and Bush had no problem getting rid of it.

Obama could fairly easily avoid this particular 'fiscal cliff' if he so desired.

He is the only person capable of doing it. It is entirely his call.

It is on him.

Yup, all he has to do is go back on what he campaigned on and roll over for the Republican minority.

He almost did.

He put SSI cost of living expenditures on the table.

And Bohner passed.

Even when they get what they want...they don't want it.

It's fun to watch these guys self implode.

You see McConnell filibuster his own bill?

Classic.

I heard a friend of mine liken the concessions (cuts to middle-class entitlements) Obama offered to Boehner as kicking the middle-class in the nuts & Boehner still didn't budge. The t-party STILL have him hostage?

A Two term President w/ a 332 electoral vote victory (Bu$h II garnered only 286) trying to negotiate w/ Boehner & Boehner walks away. Repubs own this if nothing gets done :clap2: :eusa_boohoo:

Last edited:
Most foolish post of the year....

Well apart from the celebrate thing, because not all conservatives are heartless, he's right.

It does solve alot of the "deficit" problem, pretty quickly.

It's pure hackery. And this is going to be a catastrophe. If we go over this cliff, congress and Obama should be thrown out.

Obama met congressional Republicans more than halfway. They refused to deal.

Simple as that.

He almost did.

And Bohner passed.

Classic.

I heard a friend of mine liken the concessions (cuts to middle-class entitlements) Obama offered to Boehner as kicking the middle-class in the nuts & Boehner still didn't budge. The t-party STILL have him hostage?

Obama is worthless. Clinton had to work with two republican houses and he was successful. I wish to God you guys had nominated his wife.

Well apart from the celebrate thing, because not all conservatives are heartless, he's right.

It does solve alot of the "deficit" problem, pretty quickly.

It's pure hackery. And this is going to be a catastrophe. If we go over this cliff, congress and Obama should be thrown out.

Simple as that.

The buck stops at congress. Got it.

He almost did.

And Bohner passed.

Classic.

A Two term President w/ a 332 electoral vote victory (Bu$h II garnered only 286) trying to negotiate w/ Boehner & Boehner walks away. Repubs own this if nothing gets done :clap2: :eusa_boohoo:
Apparently. Because they wouldn't even vote on Boehner's plan.

That's sorta scary..because it means there is no one to make a deal with.

:eusa_eh:

He almost did.

And Bohner passed.

Classic.

Apparently. Because they wouldn't even vote on Boehner's plan.

That's sorta scary..because it means there is no one to make a deal with.

:eusa_eh:

Which is why I said "congress" as opposed to Boehner.

Obama could fairly easily avoid this particular 'fiscal cliff' if he so desired.

He is the only person capable of doing it. It is entirely his call.

It is on him.

He almost did.

And Bohner passed.

Classic.

Yup.

As it's been for the last four years, these asshats can't even take yes for an answer when it comes to this POTUS.

He almost did.

And Bohner passed.

Classic.

Yup.

As it's been for the last four years, these asshats can't even take yes for an answer when it comes to this POTUS.

Obama doesn't command respect. Evidenced by the last fiscal crisis we sort of averted.

He almost did.

And Bohner passed.

Classic.

Obama is worthless. Clinton had to work with two republican houses and he was successful. I wish to God you guys had nominated his wife.

Clinton had to deal with a GOP-controlled Congress that isn't half as nutty as this GOP-controlled House and under a much better economy.

The Prez has made concessions, too. Not his fault these guys wanna be dicks and I got a feeling the general public isn't gonna think so, either.

He almost did.

And Bohner passed.

Classic.

Yup.

Obama doesn't command respect. Evidenced by the last fiscal crisis we sort of averted.

Doesn't command respect from whom?

Simple as that.

I dunno, Elvis my man.

Obama ran on raising taxes. Put the limit at 250K and got elected.

He then went to the bargaining table and said he'd raise that to 400K..breaking the 250K promise and asked Republicans to identify cuts. They didn't. They want cuts on him too.

So he came back and said he'd do cuts in SSI (Why? I dunno..SSI is budget neutral at this point) to sweeten the deal.

Republicans again said no..and put up an alternative bill..which they couldn't get the votes for..

How do you see this as a "President" problem?

If you say 10..I come back with 3 and you say 10 and I come back with 4...and you say 10 again..

Is that dealing?

He almost did.

And Bohner passed.

Classic.

Clinton was impeached. That's after Republicans closed down the government, not once, but twice.

There are no negotiations - Obama was offered what he wanted but rejected it in lieu of what he really wanted - more wealth distribution, a definite scrooge/RobbinHOOD. May all of you who voted for him get a brain for Christmas - Merry Christmas!

Simple as that.

I dunno, Elvis my man.

Obama ran on raising taxes. Put the limit at 250K and got elected.

He then went to the bargaining table and said he'd raise that to 400K..breaking the 250K promise and asked Republicans to identify cuts. They didn't. They want cuts on him too.

So he came back and said he'd do cuts in SSI (Why? I dunno..SSI is budget neutral at this point) to sweeten the deal.

Republicans again said no..and put up an alternative bill..which they couldn't get the votes for..

How do you see this as a "President" problem?

If you say 10..I come back with 3 and you say 10 and I come back with 4...and you say 10 again..

Is that dealing?

He doesn't command respect. He's not a leader. Never has been.

It's a misnomer to call the discussions between The Won and Boehner "negotiations". It's impossible to negotiate with someone whose main them is "I Won, so you have to do what I Want".
??

Who the fuck are you and what have you done with Boedicca?

Forum List

Back