First time I put a product back on the shelf

I had sticker shock today. My big box grocery usually carries gluten free matzoh. I haven't had them in a while, but remember them being a tad more expensive than the regular, maybe $6.50/box. Today, they were $9.79. I did a double take. What the actual fuck?

My sister came back from her store, a big box a little further upstate NY: no eggs, no produce?

democrats: make America Venezuela!
I like pie

Propaganda from liberal rags. I know several who have been down there and there is no healthcare for all. The people are stuck in 1960 down there. Perhaps that's why libs are always yearning for the 1960s. It's a dump down there. You should actually go to some communist hell holes before you romanticize about equality for all from afar. A different picture arises when inspected from closeup.
I've been to Cuba many times. Trust me, the people are doing very well now and will do even better now that China has broken the back of US dirty tricks.
You're wrong about health care being not universal. With your access to the internet, the truth is at your fingertips.

Note too that life expectancy is higher in Cuba than in America.

The national library of medicine can be checked out at a Wikipedia link.

I've been to Cuba many times. Trust me, the people are doing very well now and will do even better now that China has broken the back of US dirty tricks.
You're wrong about health care being not universal. With your access to the internet, the truth is at your fingertips.

WHo is this fucking clown?
Michael Moore??? Are you this desperate for attention now??

Those Americans who are getting screwed out of work have priced themselves out of the job market by asking for more than 15 bucks an hour.

If the indians can do the work then the real capitalist would say that the 'degrees' aren't necessary. Right?

It's capitalism that Americans must learn to own if they continue to refuse 'social' responsibility being a necessary part of capitalism.

They are being paid LESS THAN 15 BUCKS AN HOUR YOU IGNORANT FUCKING CLOD!

Bullshit. The ruling elite do fine, the rest of the people are DYING to try and get here. Take your lies and shove them up your ass.

Neither the Dems nor the gop really care about people. You leaders can try and argue the point but you simply cannot

You got that right. Yesterday after shoveling the driveways, we decided to have a pizza party and I called my usual shop to order about $50 worth of stuff. The owner apologized and said he would not have a driver to deliver for over an hour but I was happy to wait. He said that he can't get drivers paying them even $15.00 an hour! I always tip extra well figuring it is bad enough with Covid but cold and snow as well. Some sorry dude showed up who looked in a bad way, could hardly make it, so I was glad to him a $9 tip. Hopefully the place will keep going so I can get take out delivered still in the future.

Judging from the low-quality employees I'm seeing everywhere, the only people who are working are the ones whose unemployment benefits have expired, or aren't getting that $350 a month per child tax credit from the government. Everyone else seems to have slipped through the cracks and aren't even being counted as 'unemployed."

You seem to think that most employees are low quality. I disagree. The only places that can't find great employees are those that should be avoided. Fact.

4.5 million quit their jobs this past year and it has been nothing but a positive trend.

You sound as incoherent as Biden

Certainly as stupid. It takes a special kind of idiot to think that this is thanks to Trump, or republicans. This is xiden and progressive policy all the way. Of course progressives rely on idiots to get their evil deeds to pass.

It is unprecedented.
I am 56 years old and i have never seen this before.
We went to the store today... this trip they were almost out of Jasmine rice except for two small bags. No sour cream. No black beans... not one can. No Jalapenos. Last week it was no Scoop Fritos, no brown eggs and no gallon milk - only half gallon jugs left.
Every week it is "what are they out of this time".... and the fucking media just ignores it and liberals pretend it isn't happening.
Biden is talking about 6.4 million new jobs, an unconscious claim since there are still just over 4,000,000 less people working today than in January 2020. They are trying to claim the shipping crises "is over" - what the holy hell... it is WORSE now... not better. They really are like the North Korea regime in this way - just get in front of cameras and make shit up.
And the grocery problem??? Folks it is going to get worse.
5 years ago Bonzi and I only occasionally broke $100/wk at the Grocery store. Then Covid hit and it rarely was less than $100 - the past few months - $120 - $140. And we buy all of our meat at the butcher store... $140 a week and that doesn't include meat!!
Yesterday she had about 1/8 tank of gas, I put in $35 and it is now about halfway between 3/4 and Full... for the longest time $25 pretty much filled her tank. It is $1.10 more per gallon than January 2020.
Easy solution! Stop doing your grocery shopping at the 7-11! :abgg2q.jpg:

But seriously folks, I agree with you 100%!

Last edited:
You seem to think that most employees are low quality. I disagree. The only places that can't find great employees are those that should be avoided. Fact.

Let me see if I understand you. You think any store that is not fully staffed with great employees should be avoided.

So, every store where I do business is somewhere you would not shop? I wish you would tell us the color of the sky on your planet!

I cannot recall the last time I walked into a store and did NOT see a help wanted sign. My wife and I went out to dinner last week and the restaurant had a sign on the door saying they were closing at 7pm because they had no staff to work the remainder of the evening. It was right next to the "Help Wanted" sign! the reason they were closing early: COVID got two of their employees.

Last edited:
Your sister can't afford eggs and produce??
Does she not earn at least $15 an hour?
Is she spending 6 bucks on a Big Meal Deal instead of 3 bucks on a dozen eggs?
The eggs provide the same nutrition for 12 days while the Meal Deal is only good for the day.

On a positive note for Americans, they get the other essentials such as alcohol and cigarettes for a low price!
Illegals are taking jobs away from US citizens.

Thnaks to a lack of antitrust enforcement, there is no fear of competition and the giants can charge whatever they feel like, no need to waste money on producing more when you can just jack up prices on what you produce now, it's not like anybody is out there waiting to take market share from them. And yes, they're gouging; why not? It's all about making a big pile of money with less effort. If you can't afford stuff, it's because you're lazy and uneducated; get a couple more jobs.

Forum List

Back