First time I put a product back on the shelf

I have seen clear evidence of price gouging on some products.

One major brand of cereal is fast disappearing from shelves - likely due to shortages caused by a strike. This morning I checked prices - one in the family is partial to that brand. What had been selling for $4.99 two weeks ago is now $7.29. Where there normally are about 16 boxes on the shelf there were only 2. It was easy to pass them up because when I heard of the strike about 3 weeks ago I bought a full case online at a price that worked out to about $3/package for the same size - even then a good price compared to the supermarket shelf price.

Not always easy to anticipate shortages/gouging but not impossible.

One more example: A particular eye care OTC product bought last week in a six-pak for $7.15 each today sells for $14.75 per unit.

But there's NO inflation!

Is it price gouging or is it inflation?

I had sticker shock today. My big box grocery usually carries gluten free matzoh. I haven't had them in a while, but remember them being a tad more expensive than the regular, maybe $6.50/box. Today, they were $9.79. I did a double take. What the actual fuck?

My sister came back from her store, a big box a little further upstate NY: no eggs, no produce?

democrats: make America Venezuela!

Leftists are in for a rude awakening. When prices get this high, the economy sloooooooows as there is not enough money in peoples hands to buy goods that are impulse buys, and/or not staples.

I am extremely happy that Biden moved his SOTU speech to March 1st, because this is when a large impact is going to be felt; and it will be WORSE if he gets his mandates. It will be up to him and his party, to explain what is going on. Not only that, but if the Fed raises interest rates, big ticket items are going to sloooooooow, the market is going to drop like a rock, although bond prices will rise. And yep, all in time for Biden and Cameltoe to explain it, lololol. This I have to hear!

I live alone and this morning I filled up my truck and did the shopping for the week and its been a $275 day so far....and I still need to go to the beer store.....WTF libtards???? is this what you wanted?....why?....

Cold cuts are exorbitantly priced and are a poor choice as much as the Big Meal Deal. Buy a ham )bone in) and it gets you your sandwiches for a tenth of the price, for 10 times as long.

Not to suggest that America isn't seeing the effects of capitalist government that inevitably leads to huge income inequality.

These are the effects of a clueless govt.

So there you have it USMB

Biden is responsible for gluten free matzoh

Actually Biden's and the Democrat's policies are responsible for the fact that companies can't find employees because nobody wants to work. That's what's causing the shortages, high prices. lower-quality products, shoddy workmanship, as well as the disruptions in the supply line.

You people own this crap economy lock, stock, and barrel. It's not Trump's economy, it's yours.

Nobody gives a fuck about your opinions about dietary choices.

You want to eliminate income equality, move your back bacon munching ass to Cuba or North Korea....Nearly everyone there is equally dirt fucking poor.
High quality and affordable health care for all the people, shines a different light on poverty in Cuba. Look at the effects that diet is having on the Cuban people!

Actually Biden's and the Democrat's policies are responsible for the fact that companies can't find employees because nobody wants to work. That's what's causing the shortages, high prices. lower-quality products, shoddy workmanship, as well as the disruptions in the supply line.

You people own this crap economy lock, stock, and barrel. It's not Trump's economy, it's yours.
It's not 'you' people, it's 'you' people and it's a lot older than the Biden regime.

Your sister can't afford eggs and produce??
Does she not earn at least $15 an hour?
Is she spending 6 bucks on a Big Meal Deal instead of 3 bucks on a dozen eggs?
The eggs provide the same nutrition for 12 days while the Meal Deal is only good for the day.

On a positive note for Americans, they get the other essentials such as alcohol and cigarettes for a low price!
What are the EBT and any other government assistance to people rules about what you said?

We had a hard time finding good, thick-sliced bacon for a few weeks. But that is the only shortage we have seen in Atlanta at Kroger, Aldi or Publix. The cream cheese shortage around Xmas was rough on some, but not anything we needed.

High quality and affordable health care for all the people, shines a different light on poverty in Cuba. Look at the effects that diet is having on the Cuban people!

Propaganda from liberal rags. I know several who have been down there and there is no healthcare for all. The people are stuck in 1960 down there. Perhaps that's why libs are always yearning for the 1960s. It's a dump down there. You should actually go to some communist hell holes before you romanticize about equality for all from afar. A different picture arises when inspected from closeup.

Did you want the prices for everything to go up?....did you want empty shelves?....Why?.....

Having trouble finding things like veggie spaghetti and brown rice, that are usually stocked up even when the "normal" pruduct supply is run down.

The cold cut supply in every store I've been to the last several weeks has been depleted, if not wiped out.

View attachment 585403

Up here we are pretty well stocked, but get down to Reno and the story changes quite a bit.

Cold cuts are exorbitantly priced and are a poor choice as much as the Big Meal Deal. Buy a ham )bone in) and it gets you your sandwiches for a tenth of the price, for 10 times as long.

Not to suggest that America isn't seeing the effects of capitalist government that inevitably leads to huge income inequality.

Yes California is an excellent example of income inequality. The Big tech billionaires, who's asses you suck, are screwing over the middle class. They import cheap Indian labor instead of paying a fair price to the Americans who went into debt to get the degrees those Big Tech assholes told them to get.

So basically, go piss up a rope, you fucking clod.

I had sticker shock today. My big box grocery usually carries gluten free matzoh. I haven't had them in a while, but remember them being a tad more expensive than the regular, maybe $6.50/box. Today, they were $9.79. I did a double take. What the actual fuck?

My sister came back from her store, a big box a little further upstate NY: no eggs, no produce?

democrats: make America Venezuela!
Another thing Biden has to fix which Trump fucked up....

Forum List

Back