First Gay Couple Receives Marriage License At Jailed Kentucky Clerk's Office

Money and anarchy always win in the end. Hallmarks of the Dem party

Utah doesn't force clerks to sign gay marriage licenses, but they have a state law that someone has to be on duty who is willing to do it.

The judge who sat in this case offered the same deal to Davis. With 5 of the 6 clerks in the office willing to issue the licenses, the judge found that Davis wouldn't be in contempt if she merely didn't interfere with the other clerks.

Davis refused, insisting she would do everything in her power to interfere. Even in Utah, she'd be in contempt.
Good riddance to her.

Utah doesn't force clerks to sign gay marriage licenses, but they have a state law that someone has to be on duty who is willing to do it.

The judge who sat in this case offered the same deal to Davis. With 5 of the 6 clerks in the office willing to issue the licenses, the judge found that Davis wouldn't be in contempt if she merely didn't interfere with the other clerks.

Davis refused, insisting she would do everything in her power to interfere. Even in Utah, she'd be in contempt.

She can have her private religious views, but can't impose her private views on people from her public service office. it's as simple as that.

I don't recall either Obama or Holder being jailed when they quite openly refused to enforce and follow laws they don't like.

But of course, the Knuckle Dragging Ignorant American Voters must be smacked down into Compliance.

She can have her private religious views, but can't impose her private views on people from her public service office. it's as simple as that.

Or the public. Making up religious tests to receive state services is definitely not allowed.

Must be terrible for the white christian rightwing to see their world collapsing around them , especially this year since every court ruling has gone against them. Won't be get any better for them with the cultural and demographic shift running over them.

This democrat is a social conservative, happily sitting in jail because she does not understand the Constitution.

I don't recall either Obama or Holder being jailed when they quite openly refused to enforce and follow laws they don't like.

But of course, the Knuckle Dragging Ignorant American Voters must be smacked down into Compliance.

Obviously they aren't Democrats who offended the very important Gay Lobby and so they still are free.
Must be terrible for the white christian rightwing to see their world collapsing around them , especially this year since every court ruling has gone against them. Won't be get any better for them with the cultural and demographic shift running over them.

As I pointed out, she is a Democrat. Trying to blame the Republican Right for her intolerance is a complete waste of time.
This democrat is a social conservative, happily sitting in jail because she does not understand the Constitution.

Yep. A good place for her. There are others from that Party that might benefit from a visit to her accommodations.

It's your story, so I guess you can tell it as you choose, but the FACT is that she's a Democrat. No Republican County Clerk is in jail over this.
But a social conservative sits in jail despite her party affiliation.

It's your story, so I guess you can tell it as you choose, but the FACT is that she's a Democrat. No Republican County Clerk is in jail over this.

No, a typical intolerant member of the party of slavery and Jim Crow sits in jail. Just proof that, despite the TALK from Democrats, their actions really haven't changed much from the 1800's.

That's because the republicans in charge of congress are pussies.

The neanderthals always lose in the end

MOREHEAD, Ky., Sept 4 (Reuters) - The Kentucky clerk's office that had refused to issue marriage licenses to gay couples in defiance of orders by a federal judge on Friday morning ended its resistance.

Darned if the Democrat who was serving as County Clerk didn't end up in jail. I never thought it would come to that because Democrats usually take care of their own.

That's because you don't know what Democrats actually stand for. As long as you believe what limbaugh says about Democrats, you can expect to be wrong quite often.

So?

No, a typical intolerant member of the party of slavery and Jim Crow sits in jail. Just proof that, despite the TALK from Democrats, their actions really haven't changed much from the 1800's.
She is a social conservative, who happens to be a member of the Democratic Party.

Crazy Religionists, Guno, do not always lose.

The Rule of Law won, not the Rule of Man or Rule of Religion or Rule of Atheism.

Every time the anti-Godists try to remove religion from the debate of the public square they lose.
LOL.......you are a very confused individual. ..... :cuckoo: ... :lol: :lol:
Of course you think so because you are the most confused and conflicted individual on the Board.

She is a social conservative, who happens to be a member of the Democratic Party.

She's an intolerant bigot who is a member of the Democratic Party and has been supported by other Democrats so she could represent them and their views.

She's an intolerant bigot who is a member of the Democratic Party and has been supported by other Democrats so she could represent them and their views.
She's an intolerant bigot conservative who is a member of the Democratic Party. They are conservative Democrats there.

The neanderthals always lose in the end

MOREHEAD, Ky., Sept 4 (Reuters) - The Kentucky clerk's office that had refused to issue marriage licenses to gay couples in defiance of orders by a federal judge on Friday morning ended its resistance.

Darned if the Democrat who was serving as County Clerk didn't end up in jail. I never thought it would come to that because Democrats usually take care of their own.
Break the law, face the consequences. Doesn't matter a fuckin' damn who you vote for.
Should the mayor of San Francisco be jailed for defying Federal immigration law by allowing sanctuary to illegals?

Forum List

Back