First Draft of Cease Fire?

bobn said:
That has only happened within about the last week. Before that there was a definite sitting and watching approach and even now I suspect the US administration is still essentially sitting and watching Israeli military operations as the prefered path to resolve this, just as they did over a week ago. Ie the UN negotiations approach is just politics.

Suspect away. The adminstration is using the UN to get votes in an American election? I'm sorry things aren't going as quickly as you would like them to go but some things just take time. Hang onto that pessimism.

dilloduck said:
Suspect away. The adminstration is using the UN to get votes in an American election? I'm sorry things aren't going as quickly as you would like them to go but some things just take time. Hang onto that pessimism.

I think it has more to do with international politics than national politics. My suspicions are simply due to not understanding what would cause policy to change so quickly. Surely it wasn't qana that did it?

bobn said:
I think it has more to do with international politics than national politics. My suspicions are simply due to not understanding what would cause policy to change so quickly. Surely it wasn't qana that did it?

Doesn't international politics have everything to do with the was in the mideast? Any other attempt at resolution would be met with liberals and Europe screaming "cowboy diplomacy". What quick policy change are you taking about? It maybe the same plan that's just unfolding. Qana? You got me-but I find it interesting that the Hizbullys fired missles out of Qana again today. They have a strange way of showing how badly they feel about the "civilian" deaths there. We may have to just call the WOT, the war on the Hizbullys. It might save a lot of needless semantic discussion.

Forum List

Back