Fired ESPN analyst: Racist backlash gave me heart attack

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
The sickness of the PC culture is nowhere more alive than st ESPN.
This commentator did not make a racist comment, during a match involving Venus Willuams, but of course ESPN being the organization that they are, fired this guy anyway.
Now I will say, the commentator should have known that his words would have been twisted, and as a white male who has no safety net, there would be deep consequences for him even though he did nothing wrong.
Perhaps it was something he blurted out without thinking which is understandable in the heat of the moment of a hyper fast-action game of top tennis.

Anyone with a clue knew Adler meant "guerilla" and not "gorilla", but this is the world we now live in, so he was canned anyway.

A former ESPN announcer in the middle of a lawsuit against the company passed along word on Wednesday that he had suffered a heart attack linked to stress from the legal dispute.

Doug Adler told Fox Sports Radio’s Clay Travis that he was taken to the hospital Tuesday and was still there. Adler said doctors blamed the heart attack on stress stemming from people calling him a racist.

Adler came under fire for a comment on Jan. 18 while he was calling a Venus Williams match at the Australian Open. He described Williams as using the “the guerilla effect” during a play in her match.
Fired ESPN analyst: Racist backlash gave me heart attack | New York Post

By the way, god oh god do I hope he wins his lawsuit and ESPN has to pay through the nose for their total irresponsibility in this matter.

Last edited:
First, the term "guerrilla" is not exactly unknown to most adults. We all know what it means, and it's a perfectly legitimate word. For example, there's a very popular series of business books called Guerilla Marketing by a guy named Jay Conrad Levinson.

Second, let's see, the PC zealots say they "hear" the term "gorilla" and automatically think of a black person.

So the PC zealots are either blatantly intellectually dishonest or absolutely racist themselves.

That's pretty instructive.

I'm not sure any of this matters so long as the masses can be manipulated by corporate state media into a state of constant anxiety, faux rage, incoherence and mass distraction.

First, the term "guerrilla" is not exactly unknown to most adults. We all know what it means, and it's a perfectly legitimate word. For example, there's a very popular series of business books called Guerilla Marketing by a guy named Jay Conrad Levinson.

Second, let's see, the PC zealots say they "hear" the term "gorilla" and automatically think of a black person.

So the PC zealots are either blatantly intellectually dishonest or absolutely racist themselves.

Exactly. Why do the critics automatically believe Adler was talking about Williams's race? Why are they thinking "gorilla" immediately? Seems to me, they are the ones with the racist thoughts since thst was their first thought.

Exactly. Why do the critics automatically believe Adler was talking about Williams's race? Why are they thinking "gorilla" immediately? Seems to me, they are the ones with the racist thoughts since thst was their first thought.

And why is being compared to a gorilla a bad thing anyway? To have the strength, speed and agility of a gorilla should be a compliment to any athlete.

iu
iu
iu

Libtards have their heads so far up their collective asses that they cant recognize the smell of fresh air any more.

Last edited:

And why is being compared to a gorilla a bad thing anyway? To have the strength, speed and agility of a gorilla should be a compliment to any athlete.

Libtards have their heads so far up their collective asses that they cant recognize the smell of fresh air any more.
They're still absolutely stuck on the PC/Identity Politics strategy, and they can't let it go yet.

When something works that well for that long, it's tough to give up.

LOL. This reminds me of the niggardly controversy ten years ago. Ignorance will be our society's undoing.

LOL. This reminds me of the niggardly controversy ten years ago. Ignorance will be our society's undoing.

Yep and another similar case in the Dallas County commission where some white members said that the budget was a 'black hole' and the black members insisted that it was instead a 'white hole' and that the white members were using a racist phrase when they said 'black hole'.

:eusa_wall:

The sickness of the PC culture is nowhere more alive than st ESPN.
This commentator did not make a racist comment, during a match involving Venus Willuams, but of course ESPN being the organization that they are, fired this guy anyway.
Now I will say, the commentator should have known that his words would have been twisted, and as a white male who has no safety net, there would be deep consequences for him even though he did nothing wrong.
Perhaps it was something he blurted out without thinking which is understandable in the heat of the moment of a hyper fast-action game of top tennis.

Anyone with a clue knew Adler meant "guerilla" and not "gorilla", but this is the world we now live in, so he was canned anyway.

A former ESPN announcer in the middle of a lawsuit against the company passed along word on Wednesday that he had suffered a heart attack linked to stress from the legal dispute.

Doug Adler told Fox Sports Radio’s Clay Travis that he was taken to the hospital Tuesday and was still there. Adler said doctors blamed the heart attack on stress stemming from people calling him a racist.

Adler came under fire for a comment on Jan. 18 while he was calling a Venus Williams match at the Australian Open. He described Williams as using the “the guerilla effect” during a play in her match.
Fired ESPN analyst: Racist backlash gave me heart attack | New York Post
/---- If you want to make libs head explode use this word in context when talking about cheap DemocRATS:
Niggardly | Define Niggardly at Dictionary.com
www.dictionary.com/browse/niggardly
Niggardly definition, reluctant to give or spend; stingy; miserly. ... Origin of niggardly ... I described the attitude of the current British authorities as "niggardly.

Uh.....are you sure that isn't racist? You could be called in for a review.

Yes, although I don't think it's ignorance. They know what they're doing.

Yep, and lose his JOB, at LEAST.

You nailed it "blatantly intellectually dishonest or absolutely racist themselves". Anything to disrupt and bring in blind followers.

Yep, and lose his JOB, at LEAST.
Nah, an immediate ban from the internet at a minimum is called for, lol.

Last edited:

"Niggardly" (noun: "niggard") is an adjective meaning "stingy" or "miserly". It can be traced back at least to the Middle English word nigon, which has the same meaning, and is perhaps related to the Old Norse verb nigla, which means "to fuss about small matters"

"Niggardly" (noun: "niggard") is an adjective meaning "stingy" or "miserly". It can be traced back at least to the Middle English word nigon, which has the same meaning, and is perhaps related to the Old Norse verb nigla, which means "to fuss about small matters"
There was a thread about this some time ago. Libs got schooled. In fact, I seem to remember until it was cleared up one of the Conservatives here was temporarily banned. Cracked me up.

Forum List

Back