Fighting more govt debt

First of all, this is a lie. In September 2002, the PAYGO law expired, i.e. not extended; it was not abolished. That was near the end of the 107th Congress, so it wasn't the first thing they did. And as a matter of fact, at the time the PAYGO expired, IT WAS THE DEMOCRATS WHO CONTROLLED THE SENATE, not the republicans, so you lied about that too. The House was controlled by the GOP then, but as you no doubt know, if the Senate didn't pass legislation to extend PAYGO then it doesn't happen. And in any case, as far as I can tell neither party honored it anyway. But let's not pretend that is was the republicans' fault that it expired, that is BS.

I see no point in turning this discussion into a discussion about which party is more to blame for the rising debt/deficits. Since there will be no tax cuts in the immediate future, your point is moot. And taxes (revenue) is not the problem anyway, the problem is the out-of-control spending that is by far the cause of the rising debt/deficits. Which both parties are at fault for. I would agree however, that if and when a tax cut is ever proposed and enacted, there should be an accompanying cut in spending to offset the cost. But nobody should hold their breath waiting for that to happen.
eu9udc21vsca1.jpg

Forum List

Back