Fight Racism - Fight Anti- Semitism campaign begins in Washington D.C.

I wish Geller all the best.
Geller, co-founder of AFDI states that she is not against Islam but rater Islamic states. However, her blogs and ads placed by the AFDI are clearly an attack on Muslims everywhere. The Jewish Council for Public Affairs has called the ads "bigoted, divisive". Geller has been banned from the UK and the AFDI has been labeled in the UK and other European countries as a hate group and I concur.

That is the first I am hearing of it, Flopper. Thanks for the information. I will fact check it. - J.

In the meanwhile we'll leave Geller on the shelf as the OP is about one specific campaign and not about her personally. Thanks. - Jeri
And in her typical cowardly MO as displayed on other threads when faced with facts.

Jeremiah slinks off to hide........ :lol:

I may be many things but a coward I am not. Have patience, Sunni. You asked for evidence that the Hebrew language spoken today is in fact the very same ancient Hebrew language spoken by the Hebrew prophets. Here is the evidence you asked for. As to Pamela Geller it appears that some groups say no she isn't attacking Muslims and then others according to Flopper who claim she is. So I will fact check that too and get back to you. In the meantime, please provide the link for evidence that denies these findings. Thanks. - J.

[ame=http://youtu.be/zVmZ1r6fz1o]Episode 4, Season 1: A Lost Language Restored - YouTube[/ame]

I'm not that smart. Just informed. The Hebrews are a race. They are still a race. I don't know what to tell you because they are the only people on earth who still have their ancient language intact. Live on the same plot of land ( returned to it ) can trace their family history back further than any other people group through documentation - ancient manuscripts - more factual historical evidence in the Torah than any other work on earth including the Greeks. ( so say the scholars ) I'm barely scratching the surface here - I could go on and on.... p.s. according to your theory, Sunni, there are no direct ancestors from Abraham left upon the earth today - that could not be as it conflicts with scriptures from the Torah.
You are grossly misinformed to say the least.

And no, the Hebrew spoken today is not the Hebrew language spoken by the ancient Israelites.

A little over 100 years ago a man named Eliezer Ben-Yehuda almost single handedly revived the Hebrew language that hadn't been spoken as a daily language for well over a thousand years. And was mainly used in religious services. Much like Latin was used in the Catholic church.

Because of this, Yehuda had to invent many of the words spoken by the jews in Israel today.

So for you to claim that the Hebrew language has remained intact since ancient times is clearly false. . :cool:

It isn't a false claim at all. There are numerous documentaries on it and you can view the video on youtube posted below. Let's stick to the facts here and if you have a link you'd like to provide to support your claims the Hebrew language today differs from ancient Israel by all means do so.

Allegedly a jew......but it's never been proven.

Did you know that the Captains of the other two ships sailing with Columbus were brothers and that they were muslims??

That is a fact......... :cool:

I need a link and a source. America has no history of Islam from that time period in America.

Unless you are quoting Houghlin-Mifflin Down through the Ages History book that has been identified as full of false information and indoctrination. The book is credited with turning John Walker Lindh into a terrorist - he attended a public school in California where the book was required for study of History.
The two ships that sailed with Columbus's Santa Maria; the Pinta, and the Nina were captained by Vicente Yáñez Pinzón and Martín Alonso Pinzón. Both were Catholic. The second voyage consisted of 17 ships and dozens more were used on his 3rd and 4th voyage. There's not much information on the religions of all these captains. I doubt that any were Muslims since all his voyages were financed by the crown.

Vicente Yáñez Pinzón - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Martín Alonso Pinzón - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you have a rebuttal, Sunni, now would be the time to prove these men were Muslim. As you stated it was a fact I'll expect a source and link that can support your claims. Otherwise we'll thank Flopper for posting the evidence that supports my claim they were not Muslims and that Muslims did not play a role in the founding of America. Thanks. - J.

Sunni, I will start a new thread on Hebrew language. If you want to post your own responses they are most welcome. It is an interesting discussion. We should continue it. - J.

I need a link and a source. America has no history of Islam from that time period in America.

Unless you are quoting Houghlin-Mifflin Down through the Ages History book that has been identified as full of false information and indoctrination. The book is credited with turning John Walker Lindh into a terrorist - he attended a public school in California where the book was required for study of History.
The two ships that sailed with Columbus's Santa Maria; the Pinta, and the Nina were captained by Vicente Yáñez Pinzón and Martín Alonso Pinzón. Both were Catholic. The second voyage consisted of 17 ships and dozens more were used on his 3rd and 4th voyage. There's not much information on the religions of all these captains. I doubt that any were Muslims since all his voyages were financed by the crown.

Vicente Yáñez Pinzón - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Martín Alonso Pinzón - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you have a rebuttal, Sunni, now would be the time to prove these men were Muslim. As you stated it was a fact I'll expect a source and link that can support your claims. Otherwise we'll thank Flopper for posting the evidence that supports my claim they were not Muslims and that Muslims did not play a role in the founding of America. Thanks. - J.
Both Columbus and the two Captains of the other ships were "Conversos".

A term for jews and muslims who had converted to Catholicism in order to remain in Spain.

But still practiced their former religion in secret.

Converso - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Would you like to hear the story of the Jewish Christoper Columbus and the history of Spain and the Jew? Did you know Columbus was a Jew?

Did you know that the Captains of the other two ships sailing with Columbus were brothers and that they were muslims??

While I agree with you that the official stance on this discovery is that is is not proven I find more compelling evidence that Columbus was a Jew than that the other two boats were manned by Muslims headed for America. It does intrigue me so if you have a huffpost article available perhaps I missed the news. I find it interesting that you claim the one which gives no such evidence to be fact while dismissing the story of Columbus being a Jew - while not acknowledging the overwhelming evidence that proves he was. imo. See article and decide for yourself. In the meanwhile we'll leave Geller on the shelf as the OP is about one specific campaign and not about her personally. Thanks. - Jeri
Christopher Columbus' Jewish Roots Examined By Historians

I can't get the clip to paste on here. Strange. I'll try again. hang on Sunni! I want to post a clip for those who don't like clicking links!

third try and the link posts but the clip won't. Can anyone else try and see if it is something I am doing wrong? I cannot get a clip of Columbus Jew history to paste here. thanks!

You really can't seperate it out since she is the founder of the group conducting this campaign and it clearly reflects her hate speech in it's demonizing of Muslims. It's not fighting racism. It's not fighting anti-semitism. It's creating it.

Would you like to hear the story of the Jewish Christoper Columbus and the history of Spain and the Jew? Did you know Columbus was a Jew?

Muslims have been a part of America from very early on - pre-revolutionary, as have Jews, though they've all been a minority. Why do you doubt it? :dunno:

Islam in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

While I agree with you that the official stance on this discovery is that is is not proven I find more compelling evidence that Columbus was a Jew than that the other two boats were manned by Muslims headed for America. It does intrigue me so if you have a huffpost article available perhaps I missed the news. I find it interesting that you claim the one which gives no such evidence to be fact while dismissing the story of Columbus being a Jew - while not acknowledging the overwhelming evidence that proves he was. imo. See article and decide for yourself. In the meanwhile we'll leave Geller on the shelf as the OP is about one specific campaign and not about her personally. Thanks. - Jeri

I can't get the clip to paste on here. Strange. I'll try again. hang on Sunni! I want to post a clip for those who don't like clicking links!

third try and the link posts but the clip won't. Can anyone else try and see if it is something I am doing wrong? I cannot get a clip of Columbus Jew history to paste here. thanks!

You really can't seperate it out since she is the founder of the group conducting this campaign and it clearly reflects her hate speech in it's demonizing of Muslims. It's not fighting racism. It's not fighting anti-semitism. It's creating it.

If it is creating anti - semitism why would Washington, D.C. have permitted it to become a campaign with 20 buses advertising the message, Coyote? The news media would have a hey day with it. No, according to the news article it was a response to an anti - semitic campaign by others which preceded it. This is their response to that particular event as I understand it. They are pointing out where the roots of hatred spring from so that peace loving Muslims can join them in the fight to not have such speeches spoken on their behalf. ( in the future )

It is racism in that the Hebrew race is a race. As I understand it. Anti-semitism is hatred against Jews. It would be categorized as racism. Would it not?

Last edited:

I find no evidence to support it. According to Historians Muslims were not the founders of America, Coyote. I have every reason to doubt it. Where is the evidence? Flopper gave evidence to prove otherwise. Where is the rebuttal? We need a source, a link, and a statement of fact. Provide that and I'll reconsider. Fair enough? - Jeremiah

Wikipedia is changed regularly - they have one now specifically addressing false claims using Wiki pages. Can you provide another source?

It is racism in that the Hebrew race is a race. As I understand it. Anti-semitism is hatred against Jews. It would be categorized as racism. Would it not?
Nope .... :cool:

Judaism is a religion. If you said I oppose Judaism! I wouldn't call you a racist. Islam is a religion. If you said I oppose Islam! I wouldn't call you a racist. If one says I oppose Hebrews! I say, That person is a racist. See the difference, Sunni? I am addressing the nationality of the Jewish people and they are Hebrew. The Arabic people are Arabic and if I say I hate all Arabs because they are Arabs then I'm a racist. ( I do not hate all Arabs)

As you state you don't approve of Geller do you approve Brigitte Gabrielle? Is she fair in your opinion?

Last edited:

If it is creating anti - semitism why would Washington, D.C. have permitted it to become a campaign with 20 buses advertising the message, Coyote? The news media would have a hey day with it. No, according to the news article it was a response to an anti - semitic campaign by others which preceded it. This is their response to that particular event as I understand it. They are pointing out where the roots of hatred spring from so that peace loving Muslims can join them in the fight to not have such speeches spoken on their behalf. ( in the future )

It's creating hatred towards Muslims - it makes no distinctions. Whether you call it anti-semitism, racism, anti-muslimism, it HATE and it promotes scapegoatig and intolerance.

Look up some of the real interfaith efforts that are trying to promote interfaith friendship and understanding and tolerance. That's the real fight against anti-semitism. Not this crap.

There will be 20 buses advertising the history of Islam which promotes anti - semitism against the Jewish people. According to the news story the Coucil of American Relations is not happy about it.

AFDI to place Hitler's face on Washington D.C. buses as part of controversial anti-Islamic ad campaign | Mail Online

Hitler’s face to appear on side of 20 buses for a month in Washington D.C. as part of controversial anti-Islamic ad campaign•The group behind the campaign is the American Freedom Defence Initiative

•Say they are concerned by 'global jihad and Islamic supremacism'

•Have called for an end to U.S. foreign aid to Islamic countries

•Used the picture of Hitler and Haj Amin al-Husseini in the ad

•Council of American Islamic Relations is considering response to campaign

In this news article it doesn't appear like CAIR came out too strongly in opposition to this. Perhaps they realize what it is being addressed. Obviously they didn't try to censor them into silence which is commendable. As one person pointed out America is a Free Speech Zone.

It could be the cutting off of aid to Islamic countries is a response to matters such as the recent news of the Commander in Iran who announced there must be a global Islamic Revolution of sorts that destroys America and Israel.

Should there be a response? A campaign to say no, this isn't acceptable? We won't fund nations who make such threatening and anti semitic speeches or violate human rights of Muslims, non Muslims, Jews, Christians in their own countries? It appears to be a watershed moment. It will be up to the American people to decide for themselves whether this is important to them or not. Time will tell.

Last edited:
There is one thing we can agree on. Open dialogue - respectfully done - is key in understanding all points of view. Without it? There is no way to learn the truth.

It could be the cutting off of aid to Islamic countries is a response to matters such as the recent news of the Commander in Iran who announced there must be a global Islamic Revolution of sorts that destroys America and Israel.
We don't give aid to Iran.

You really are a piece of work. . :cuckoo: :lol: :lol:

You misunderstood, Sunni. The commander called on the Muslims of all Islamic nations to join his revolution against America and Israel - to destroy us. We have the right not to fund our own demise. I don't need a Pamela Geller to tell me this! It's common sense.

These Islamic nations who have been given the invitation from this commander? They have the right to say no, not in the name of Islam and not in our name and they will have given good reason not to stop the flow of American aid they enjoy. If they want to make hate speeches against America and Israel and the Jews they should get their financial aid from a nation they are friends with. Does that make sense to you? Is that fair to you?

I hope so.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back