Fight crime, go electric.

Thinker101

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2017
The Tacoma City Council approved a measure Tuesday that would allow electric fences to be installed in areas where they were previously prohibited.

In a unanimous vote, the City Council approved allowing the use of electric fences in commercial districts, mixed use districts and downtown areas. Until now, electric fences have only been permitted in industrial areas of Tacoma.

MSN

Great way to deter criminals from stealing your stuff .. I would be curious to know how they would be free from liability if someone where hurt or killed (although, it would probably sound like the old, electric bug zappers when a 'big-one' got trapped in the mesh.

Great way to deter criminals from stealing your stuff .. I would be curious to know how they would be free from liability if someone where hurt or killed (although, it would probably sound like the old, electric bug zappers when a 'big-one' got trapped in the mesh.
No worries.
Insulated wire cutters work fine.

The Tacoma City Council approved a measure Tuesday that would allow electric fences to be installed in areas where they were previously prohibited.
In a unanimous vote, the City Council approved allowing the use of electric fences in commercial districts, mixed use districts and downtown areas. Until now, electric fences have only been permitted in industrial areas of Tacoma.

I guess no one told them that electric fences are amazingly easy to defeat and get around?

No worries.
Insulated wire cutters work fine.
Once inside, though, sensors in the ground can weigh (less tare for the approaching live dogs) and pinpoint the location (grocery store robots already do this with food items), launching armor-piercing cyanide-tazer darts (with robot-dog backup).

Forum List

Back