Fewer Americans Than Ever Trust The Mainstream Media

The media reports the news. Even Fox who constantly make me laugh with their right slanted crawl lines and headers (you'd swear the world was coming to an end sometime) essentially reports what is happening. It's appropriate that the article uses Limbaugh as central cause to media distrust. He is largely responsible for it..and made millions of dollars off of it. The guy was a bombastic opportunist. But he saw a weakness in people who leaned on the right hand side of the aisle. And he exploited it. One of his more memorable lines turned out to be so much more true for the right wingers than the left. If you repeat something often enough to the right group of people, eventually, it will become the truth for them.

The media gets blamed for the statements and behavior of politicians. And lemmings (who can't or won't think for themselves) will happily blame them....even though they are just reporting what's in front of them

It's proper not to totally trust the media but rejecting everything they say just because you don't like what they are saying is shooting the messenger.
It's a relationship based purely upon trust.

It is demonstrably true that the press have, and will lie.

The well has been poisoned, trust is gone.

They are propped up by governments and corporations who exacerbate this behavior.

What is the point?

more epidemic shill gains Gator.....
1638708385992.png

~S~

It's proper not to totally trust the media but rejecting everything they say just because you don't like what they are saying is shooting the messenger.
You gotta be bullshitting me. CNN and the other cancers have gotten every fucking thing wrong for 6 yrs

Except FOX got the big things right.....................Right Kyle............

1637374917404.png

"Yes USMB ASSKLOWNS"

This is just a replay of the "boy would cried wolf". SInce the media lies so much, thinking people refuse to accept their statements at face value.

From the lies about Trump's "Russian collusion" to the bullshit about Gorebal Warming which was already supposed to end civilization, its just a parade of media untruths.

They are propped up by governments and corporations who exacerbate this behavior.

What is the point?
The truth usually comes out when it doesn't matter anymore. If you are capable of withholding your final judgement on any issue or news story it's no problem. The media is a real problem for those who stick to their initial knee-jerk reaction no matter what and expect the whole truth right now.

You gotta be bullshitting me. CNN and the other cancers have gotten every fucking thing wrong for 6 yrs

Except FOX got the big things right.....................Right Kyle............

View attachment 572023

"Yes USMB ASSKLOWNS"
If CNN got everything wrong it would not exist. Nor would any other news outlet. They all have different focuses and agendas but actual reality is the basis of what they do. Most of what they say is true, the only difference is the direction they spin. Watching any news source just for the spin is retarded.

It will only get worse during a pandemic. Credibility of many people and institutions has been devastated in the West. The adversaries of the West understand this, and they shouldn't be taken lightly.

Last edited:

What is the point?
Are you two antisemites still polluting this place?
I remember your bigoted crap from before. What I want you to do is go to Hell. NOW!

Viktor
Fewer Americans Than Ever Before Trust The Mainstream Media

The ones with the lowest credibility according to polls are CNN, MSNBC, The NY Times and The Washington Post. The LA Times is also not very credible.
Here is more on the same subject

So when the media is caught lying or twisting the truth to fit their agenda, we still need to trust them?

That may work in your world but when people lie to me, I tend not to trust them until they earn my trust back.

I long for the real liberals that used to be around, they said trust no one and question everything, those people no longer exist. Sad, that was an appealing trait of real liberals.

What`s the point of taking polls where a large percentage of the population believe the election was stolen from tramp? The opinions of morons are unimportant.

So when the media is caught lying or twisting the truth to fit their agenda, we still need to trust them?

That may work in your world but when people lie to me, I tend not to trust them until they earn my trust back.

I long for the real liberals that used to be around, they said trust no one and question everything, those people no longer exist. Sad, that was an appealing trait of real liberals.
You can trust them to give you information, just don't trust them to supply you with a rational opinion, at least not while things are developing. It's not rocket surgery. When you quit being a reactionary to what comes out of your screen you will quit being controlled by what you watch. Just waiting a little while, even a day, before you form a solid opinion on something makes all the difference.

The truth usually comes out when it doesn't matter anymore. If you are capable of withholding your final judgement on any issue or news story it's no problem. The media is a real problem for those who stick to their initial knee-jerk reaction no matter what and expect the whole truth right now.

That's not news...that's hindsight.

Forum List

Back