Federal judge stalls Obama's executive action on immigration

what leads you to think that ? just because I didn't vote for him you think that I think he is an emperor ... I that it?

well, I SAY you're an idiot and I don't need to think about it either.

You say a great many things, and virtually all of them are ignorant.

An emperor creates law through utterance, as you demand Obama may do.

A president may only execute laws duly created by the elected legislature.

ThinkProgress failed to program the difference between these two into your broccoli stalk.

the House passed legislation defunding the immigration EO, assuming the Senate follows suit, the POTUS can veto to bill.

the House passed legislation defunding ACA 55 times ... how's that working out ?

Apparently DailyKOS forgot to program you to understand that the Senate is no longer controlled by the democrats...

You don't understand what's going on. Dems are conducting a filibuster to prevent the house bill funding DHS from coming to vote. Repubs have the votes to ok the bill but not the 60 votes needed to stop the filibuster.

the House passed legislation defunding the immigration EO, assuming the Senate follows suit, the POTUS can veto to bill.

the House passed legislation defunding ACA 55 times ... how's that working out ?

Apparently DailyKOS forgot to program you to understand that the Senate is no longer controlled by the democrats...

You don't understand what's going on. Dems are conducting a filibuster to prevent the house bill funding DHS from coming to vote. Repubs have the votes to ok the bill but not the 60 votes needed to stop the filibuster.

the House can filibuster?

ain't too smart are you Goober.

pssssssssssst ... the House passed the bill and defunded the EO.

When the illegal worker, becomes legal to work, then the companies hiring them have to pay the same amount for these employees, including all taxes due, as they do for all of their citizen employees....this takes the ADVANTAGE for the illegal to be hired before the US Citizen by these companies away... I believe these companies will then hire US Citizens before these immigrants, if there is no money to be saved with their cheap, under the table, labor.

The judge was clear that this was TEMPORARY, and the president just had to comply with the Administrative procedural Act....then it would be clear for Obama to continue with his delayed deportation for the parents of these US citizen children.

I'm not certain what part of the Administrative Procedural Act needs to be adhered to that this judge believes was not followed??

Judge also said this ruling of his does not apply to the 700k south american underage immigrants that entered the past few years, or the other kids that were brought here when very young and have lived here for 5 years minimum....

It's too bad congress doesn't do something on this....they need to act....either fund the money for these US CITIZEN children to be put in foster homes and send their parents back to Mexico, or allow these parents of US Citizen children stay here...one or the other, it is congress that should get off their culos and do something.
Actually, employers are compelled by law to pay illegals the same way as citizens and withhold taxes from them. Companies operating without following these laws should be gone after.

It is good to know this doesn't apply to the underage immigrants.

Now that the Republicans are in charge of Congress I expect them to enact legislation that takes American children away from their parents and put them in foster care as you suggested as one alternative to solve the problem.

I wonder what they are waiting for?

FWIW, the ruling will more than likely last 6-8 months, maybe longer. Apparently Obama failed to tell the public about his intentions before he filed the EO .... like Presidents before him failed to do ... hence, "judicial activism".

Game on. If and when another Republican is elected POTUS same ruling applies ... 6 month waiting period for all future EO's.

Any shut down would clearly be the fault of Obama and the Democrats. Everybody knows that.

Yeah! Everybody knows that!
Yep

No.

Because guess what? Obama doesn't have to sign the bill. He can veto it, and Congress can try to override his veto. Obama isn't powerless here. Republicans need to learn the word "compromise" and maybe their defeat in 2016 won't be so bad.

Oh and 1 more thing. It's a Republican judge. Why is the right all of a sudden for judicial activism?

Hanen, who's been on the federal court since 2002 after being nominated by President George W. Bush, regularly handles border cases but wasn't known for being outspoken on immigration until a 2013 case.

The judge made the right choice. We do not REWARD criminal behavior period. Round them all up, mom, pop, the kids, and the old drunk uncle except at mass on Sunday, and send them direct to Point of debarkation

-Geaux
yea good luck with that....

When the illegal worker, becomes legal to work, then the companies hiring them have to pay the same amount for these employees, including all taxes due, as they do for all of their citizen employees....this takes the ADVANTAGE for the illegal to be hired before the US Citizen by these companies away... I believe these companies will then hire US Citizens before these immigrants, if there is no money to be saved with their cheap, under the table, labor.

The judge was clear that this was TEMPORARY, and the president just had to comply with the Administrative procedural Act....then it would be clear for Obama to continue with his delayed deportation for the parents of these US citizen children.

I'm not certain what part of the Administrative Procedural Act needs to be adhered to that this judge believes was not followed??

Judge also said this ruling of his does not apply to the 700k south american underage immigrants that entered the past few years, or the other kids that were brought here when very young and have lived here for 5 years minimum....

It's too bad congress doesn't do something on this....they need to act....either fund the money for these US CITIZEN children to be put in foster homes and send their parents back to Mexico, or allow these parents of US Citizen children stay here...one or the other, it is congress that should get off their culos and do something.
Actually, employers are compelled by law to pay illegals the same way as citizens and withhold taxes from them. Companies operating without following these laws should be gone after.

Now that the Republicans are in charge of Congress I expect them to enact legislation that takes American children away from their parents and put them in foster care as you suggested as one alternative to solve the problem.

Link, what law? Liar!

Actually, Rati the racist rodent - federal law prohibits companies from employing illegal aliens at all.

I wonder how Conservatives fail to see judicial activism on a consistent basis.

How does this constitute "judicial activism" in your alleged mind?
Whenever a judge rules against a Conservative policy, that judge gets labelled 'judicial activist' by
Right
Wingers.

It seems judicial activism only applies under certain, arbitrary circumstances when viewed by Conservatives

Link, what law? Liar!
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...2lNpu3y9EIhYUcQ&bvm=bv.85970519,d.eXY&cad=rja

Actually, Rati the racist rodent - federal law prohibits companies from employing illegal aliens at all.
And it also governs how employees are paid and what income taxes must be withheld from them. So these companies are breaking more than one federal law.

Link, what law? Liar!
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&ved=0CDoQFjAE&url=http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p15.pdf&ei=8NLkVMr2FIHUgwT1pIPYAg&usg=AFQjCNGdntQwWxYpijX2lNpu3y9EIhYUcQ&bvm=bv.85970519,d.eXY&cad=rja
Doesn't say anything about paying illegals. It actually requires employers to verify eligibility of new hires with proof of citizenship and work eligibility, which illegals are not eligible. Try again retard.

Link, what law? Liar!
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&ved=0CDoQFjAE&url=http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p15.pdf&ei=8NLkVMr2FIHUgwT1pIPYAg&usg=AFQjCNGdntQwWxYpijX2lNpu3y9EIhYUcQ&bvm=bv.85970519,d.eXY&cad=rja
Doesn't say anything about paying illegals. It actually requires employers to verify eligibility of new hires with proof of citizenship and work eligibility, which illegals are not eligible. Try again retard.
My bad, I gave you the wrong link:

Illegal Aliens (Undocumented Aliens)

Foreign workers who are illegal aliens (undocumented aliens) are subject to U.S. taxes in spite of their illegal status. U.S. employers or payers who hire illegal aliens (undocumented aliens) may be subject to various fines, penalties, and sanctions imposed by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. If such employers or payers choose to hire illegal aliens (undocumented aliens), the payments made to those aliens are subject to the same tax withholding and reporting obligations that apply to other classes of aliens. Illegal aliens (undocumented aliens) who are nonresident aliens and who receive income from performing independent personal services are subject to 30 percent withholding unless exempt under some provision of law or a tax treaty. Illegal aliens (undocumented aliens) who are resident aliens and who receive income from performing dependent personal services are subject to the same reporting and withholding obligations which apply to U.S. citizens who receive the same kind of income.

Pay for Personal Services Performed

He will appeal. He may very well lose. In fact, I think he WILL lose.

Congress has already passed laws that override his EO. That is what the dispute is all about.

But Congress has every right to refuse to fund any policy, let alone one that is probably illegal.

It is not any different than any other policy initiative.

I asked Seite this, but he has the intellect of a stalk of broccoli and was unable to find a talking point at ThinkProgress to simulate an answer; but who do you imagine that Obama will appeal to? The SCOTUS? If he did, do you think the court would hear it? Does the desire to abuse power provide standing for Obama to appeal?
The next appeal would be to the Circuit Court. Then the SC.

Obama will appeal the injunction. Then, assuming the actual judicial decision doesn't go his way, he will go up the chain again.

He will appeal. He may very well lose. In fact, I think he WILL lose.

Congress has already passed laws that override his EO. That is what the dispute is all about.

But Congress has every right to refuse to fund any policy, let alone one that is probably illegal.

It is not any different than any other policy initiative.

I asked Seite this, but he has the intellect of a stalk of broccoli and was unable to find a talking point at ThinkProgress to simulate an answer; but who do you imagine that Obama will appeal to? The SCOTUS? If he did, do you think the court would hear it? Does the desire to abuse power provide standing for Obama to appeal?
The next appeal would be to the Circuit Court. Then the SC.

Obama will appeal the injunction. Then, assuming the actual judicial decision doesn't go his way, he will go up the chain again.
With any luck, the Opposition will be able to stonewall him until January 20, 2017.

FWIW, the ruling will more than likely last 6-8 months, maybe longer. Apparently Obama failed to tell the public about his intentions before he filed the EO .... like Presidents before him failed to do ... hence, "judicial activism".

Game on. If and when another Republican is elected POTUS same ruling applies ... 6 month waiting period for all future EO's.

You are confusing the EO process with the rulemaking process.

Forum List

Back