Federal jobs pay more than private sector

LIke job creation ya think??

So.... shrub gave the rich people and businesses the tax breaks that they wanted, but they didn't create any jobs. Not a one... even when the economy was good - wasn't there NEGATIVE job creation under shrub? Why? This is a giant hole in the conservative argument. Why will no one answer this question for me??? WHY WERE NO JOBS CREATED IN A BOOMING ECONOMY COUPLED W/TAX CUTS FOR THE WEALTHY???

Do you mean you did not notice the "trickle down" effect from the Bush $2.6 trillion tax cut??

Hey, I know that $300 "rebate" check put me over the top. How about you?

Since when Bush was pres and we had a republican congress, unemployment was very low, that is a sign that the free market works.

Since when Bush was pres and we had a republican congress, unemployment was very low, that is a sign that the free market works.

:lol: You're kidding me, right? The free market does not work, as we can see by the shenanigans that go on every time regulations are relaxed - shenanigans that went on during the Bush administration that almost brought down the ENTIRE WORLD ECONOMY. Free markets are a farce. Never have worked and never will. Unless you're ok with oligarchs, I guess...

Last edited:
Well your premise doesn't make much sense to me because Govt workers are payed with tax dollars.

Those tax dollars are earned by we the taxpayer and if we the earner get layed off or lose our job because of a tough economy it seems to me the Govt workers should start taking the hits also. Why should their jobs be secure when ours are not?? We are paying the freight for them.

Don't hear about any Govt worker getting laid off or losing jobs. YOu??

The point is..

When the choice needed to be made to lay off workers or cut executive bonuses, we all know what that decision was.

Will firing Government workers help get your job back?

Nope.

But that will be one less person payed with tax dollars. Money that could be spent elsewhere. LIke job creation ya think??

I have a friend who worked for the Feds for 17 years. She had to leave the job and come here to Florida to take care of her ailing mother.

This friend goes back to DC to visit friends. She is flabbergasted. The Govt workers, her old buds, have absolutely no idea what its like outside the bubble of DC. No job loss. No tightening of belts. They haven't got a clue about what the rest of the country is enduring.

Somehow that doesn't sit well with me especially since my tax dollars supports them and their benefits. They should face the same risks as we face.

After all. Barry boy wants that playing field leveled and fair is fair doncha know. LOL

All you're expressing here is a 'misery loves company' attitude.

Whose 'Greed' Companies that have stock holders to anser to, or A Government bent upon control by Taxing these businesses OUT of existence?

I can see that you have already admitted that *YOU* are no friend to free enterprise.

Actually, the very best friend that free enterprise can have is one who advocates regulation of free enterprise. For w/o regulation, you end up with one or two guys owning damn near everything.

Whose 'Greed' Companies that have stock holders to anser to, or A Government bent upon control by Taxing these businesses OUT of existence?

I can see that you have already admitted that *YOU* are no friend to free enterprise.

Actually, the very best friend that free enterprise can have is one who advocates regulation of free enterprise. For w/o regulation, you end up with one or two guys owning damn near everything.

Or, regulating can stifle the free market, agreed?

CMike does not have the capability to do critical thinking that involves an economy that has room for a private sector and a governemnt sector.

In his simple minded world, government all bad, free market all good.

The key is to not have any sector or any component of either sector to have too much power. That is when problems happen.

Mike has the level of economic comprehensions of a third grader. Maybe CMike is a third grader.

Our economy is built on a government sector and a private sector. Neither one is all good or all bad.

Unless you live in CMike's world. He is dumb as a stump.

CMike does not have the capability to do critical thinking that involves an economy that has room for a private sector and a governemnt sector.

In his simple minded world, government all bad, free market all good.

The key is to not have any sector or any component of either sector to have too much power. That is when problems happen.

Mike has the level of economic comprehensions of a third grader. Maybe CMike is a third grader.

Our economy is built on a government sector and a private sector. Neither one is all good or all bad.

Unless you live in CMike's world. He is dumb as a stump.

Please show where the government sector is good, SS? Medicare? Welfare? Amtrak? Post Office? Medicaid? I'm listening

I see what's going on here. The free marketers want government workers to make less so businesses won't have to compete for labor with the government. This will allow them to grow their businesses while paying workers as little as possible because cheap labor is their wet dream come true.

Great idea!

Prosperity Through Lower Wages.

Maybe the Repubs should use that as their campaign slogan.

Folks...without come kind of government there is NO market.

We can quibble about how to regulate and what to regulate, but to imagine that the market exists sans government is simply ignoring everything we know about how markets originally formed.

What's more thinking that all regulation is bad, ignores completely the fact that most of the regulations that markets have, are there at the REQUEST of the market itself.

Bad regulation, yes. But no regulation has but a single outcome.....monopolies and then economic collapse.

When something has been proven over and over and OVER AGAIN that IT DOES NOT WORK as suggested, why would you continue to strive for that very thing?

Folks...without come kind of government there is NO market.

We can quibble about how to regulate and what to regulate, but to imagine that the market exists sans government is simply ignoring everything we know about how markets originally formed.

What's more thinking that all regulation is bad, ignores completely the fact that most of the regulations that markets have, are there at the REQUEST of the market itself.

Because, unlike some of our posters, the market KNOWs it can't trust itself.

When something has been proven over and over and OVER AGAIN that IT DOES NOT WORK as suggested, why would you continue to strive for that very thing?

WHAT specifically has been proven "over and OVER AGAIN"? be specific here. Right now? You're talking in circles.

And if you mean Government stifiling free Enterprise for Class Envy/Warfare? That would be correct.

Bad regulation, yes. But no regulation has but a single outcome.....monopolies and then economic collapse.

Economic Collapses happen due to tinkering of their respective Governments, and their over-tweaking.

Forum List

Back