Federal government did not anticipate 'massive surge' in passport applications

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Basically, citizens are leaving for America, Europe, China, Japan and elsewhere and our country is surprised, "why would a talented chemist/programmer/A.I engineer/surgeon etc want to leave us?!"

The world is poaching what little top talent we have while provincial and municipal governments in particular "beef up" policing. Especially the Creepy Ones.

We are losing on innovation, predicted 38 of 38 countries for GDP growth over the next few decades.

The minister responsible for Service Canada admits that there was a “mismatch” between the surge of demand in passport applications and the department’s capacity to respond to it in recent weeks.

Appearing in front of a parliamentary committee, Karina Gould, Minister of Families, Children and Social Development, was asked to explain why Canadians have been left scrambling to get a new passport and sometimes delaying travel plans because they are incapable of getting one renewed in due course.

“With travel opening up the number of passport applications has surged. Not only are we seeing those who would predictably be applying for passports and a five-year cycle, but we are receiving applications from those who otherwise would have applied in the previous two pandemic years,” said Gould on Monday.

“We are seeing much of that volume arrive all at once rather than spread out during the year. Meanwhile, Service Canada still had public health obligations to staff and clients. There was a mismatch between demand and the capacity to meet it,” she added.

The young professional of today is pretty darn mercenary when you stop to consider it.
They have no loyalty to country, company, or even family, and go where the money is.
I guess to them a nice apartment and perks in one country is pretty much the same as one here.

I would take note however of the ones that don't leave.....The leftist Ivy Leaguers, mostly lawyers, whose job it seems is to fuck-up the country even worse than what it is.

Forum List

Back