Federal Express - WTF

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
I recently ordered an electric bicycle. Shipping is "free." FedEx. They shipped the order the second business day after I sent it in, and they sent me a FedEx tracking number, which works marvelously.

The order was placed on March 13, shipped on March 16th, and FedEx indicated that it had taken delivery of the package (about a hundred pounds, flat box), and projected delivery by March 20th. I knew that this was a wild guess, so didn't make book on it.

Since then the FedEx tracking tool has rendered opinions that it would be delivered on...
  • March 15,
  • "not received yet from shipper,"
  • March 29th,
  • March 27th,
  • March 31st, and now this morning,
  • March 29th (today).
Not surprisingly, the shipment will require my signature, so I kinda-sorta have to hang around in case it comes.

Plan B - which is apparently not possible - would be for me to go to their local warehouse (20 minutes away) and pick the damn thing up. But apparently that would simply destroy their orderly process, so is not possible.

I gather that two things are prominent in this whole thing: The shipper is shipping a ton of these things, probably at a great discount by FedEx, and the big heavy packages are not a favorite of the drivers.

But that's just a guess. I think the USPS could do as well in this instance.

Just an aside, but what's the purpose of an electric bicycle?
To remind you of what you can't do.

It's there as a backup.

There are MANY people with heart conditions, diabetes and 1000 other conditions that may limit their full physical abilities.

Many people want to ride a bike but may have trouble getting back home. This is where the electric bike can help.

Exercise to the extent possible, but assisted ride home if required.

I recently ordered an electric bicycle. Shipping is "free." FedEx. They shipped the order the second business day after I sent it in, and they sent me a FedEx tracking number, which works marvelously.

The order was placed on March 13, shipped on March 16th, and FedEx indicated that it had taken delivery of the package (about a hundred pounds, flat box), and projected delivery by March 20th. I knew that this was a wild guess, so didn't make book on it.

Since then the FedEx tracking tool has rendered opinions that it would be delivered on...
  • March 15,
  • March 29th,
  • March 27th,
  • March 29th (today).
Not surprisingly, the shipment will require my signature, so I kinda-sorta have to hang around in case it comes.

Plan B - which is apparently not possible - would be for me to go to their local warehouse (20 minutes away) and pick the damn thing up. But apparently that would simply destroy their orderly process, so is not possible.

I gather that two things are prominent in this whole thing: The shipper is shipping a ton of these things, probably at a great discount by FedEx, and the big heavy packages are not a favorite of the drivers.

I have a thread going with similar issues regarding the USPS.
Seems weak minded people freaking out over an imaginary death virus are causing economic problems across the board (by design and plan)

To remind you of what you can't do.

It's there as a backup.

There are MANY people with heart conditions, diabetes and 1000 other conditions that may limit their full physical abilities.

Many people want to ride a bike but may have trouble getting back home. This is where the electric bike can help.

Exercise to the extent possible, but assisted ride home if required.
I can't decide on an electric phat tire bike or the Honda retro-1960's scooter like I had in the 1970's.

As far as UPS, Fed-X and USPS I have chewed their asses out for many a year and will gladly drive fifty miles to the distribution center in Joplin to chew their asses out in person and the managers for crappy delivery service. They know who I is.

• March 15,
  • March 29th,
  • March 27th,
  • March 29th (today).

in the postal service your regular carrier would probably notify you...it wouldnt fit in the truck with all the other shit.....

As far as UPS, Fed-X and USPS I have chewed their asses out for many a year and will gladly drive fifty miles to the distribution center in Joplin to chew their asses out in person and the managers for crappy delivery service. They know who I is.
are you one of those who complain about everything?...

• March 15,
  • March 29th,
  • March 27th,
  • March 29th (today).

FedEx has become horrible...Had a shipping/tracking issue with them early last month.

I'll go to UPS or DHL from now on.

• March 15,
  • March 29th,
  • March 27th,
  • March 29th (today).

FedEx has become horrible...Had a shipping/tracking issue with them early last month.

I'll go to UPS or DHL from now on.
im just glad i dont work for the PO anymore......i cringe when i see the shit going on now a days....

• March 15,
  • March 29th,
  • March 27th,
  • March 29th (today).

I hate to say it but FedEx is fucked. I tried to open an account with them a year ago but it was so incredibly complicated that I finally just gave up. They just delivered something here last week that I was SUPPOSED to have to sign for--- they dropped it off on my porch and left it.

I fare much better with UPS, who is kinda screwy as well and if I want to save more money or don't mind waiting longer for less critical things, the USPS.

Last week I had a paid-for shipping label complete with tracking number to return something. Shipping paid for. Called UPS to come pick it up! They tried to get me to pay them $12 just to come to my house to pick up a box with already paid-for shipping!

I would have none of that.

Forum List

Back