Fear of debt default to fuel obama recession

I knew, with absolute 100 percent certainty, when I heard about the world's stock markets falling, that the rubes on this forum would find a way to blame Obama.

Somehow.

Me too!

Hey... do the Board a service and just hit 'em with the Bullet Points on the things our President has done to bolster the US Equity Markets, so as to avoid a sell off born of a sincere absence of trust in the sustainability of the unprecedented growth over the last 6 years. Despite no substantial product innovations, no marked changes in market scale, shares, scope or anything else that might otherwise provide a sound basis for such growth.

(Alright Kids... Ya'll quiet down now... we're going to have Gilligan's Dad explain what our President has done to bolster a sustainable equity market. Quiet now... )

Ok... they're ready.

Anytime you're ready.

no it doesnt mean that leftard. it USED TO FOLLOW that a high stock market meant a healthy economy. that hasnt been the case for some time now. that's why poverty reached a FIFTY YEAR HIGH on obama's watch, and income inequality grew. how have "his policies played a part in the increase"???
so you're going to argue that the economy is in worse shape than it was when the president took office?

1. when obama took office was a period, a time frame. it isnt indicative of the whole previous President's time in office. Straw man

2. 13 million more are on food stamps in obama's SEVENTH YEAR, then were under Bush
3. the very richest got richer under obama, the poorest got poorer; both at a FASTER PACE than was happening under bush
employment is better, savings are up...

honestly, you feel like the economy is in worse shape now than it was in 2008?

2008 was a snapshot. i already told you this is a straw man

try again
2008 was the culmination of years of republican policies. it was not a snapshot, it was the photo finish.

What policies were those, SPECIFICALLY?

and neither did the stock market highs right??
that doesn't follow. a better economy means a higher stock market. so perhaps he's not responsible for the entirety, but his policies have played a part in the increase.

no it doesnt mean that leftard. it USED TO FOLLOW that a high stock market meant a healthy economy. that hasnt been the case for some time now. that's why poverty reached a FIFTY YEAR HIGH on obama's watch, and income inequality grew. how have "his policies played a part in the increase"???
so you're going to argue that the economy is in worse shape than it was when the president took office?

1. when obama took office was a period, a time frame. it isnt indicative of the whole previous President's time in office. Straw man

2. 13 million more are on food stamps in obama's SEVENTH YEAR, then were under Bush
3. the very richest got richer under obama, the poorest got poorer; both at a FASTER PACE than was happening under bush
employment is better, savings are up...

honestly, you feel like the economy is in worse shape now than it was in 2008?

Yeah.. US unemployment is only suffering roughly 25% of the workforce NOT WORKING.

But... in fairness, it's only been 7 years. SO... don't be greedy. Greece wasn't comprised of ruin in a day.

Part of this are also some fairly clear indications that QE/Infinity has underperformed and the effects of the global commodities collapse.

Perfect storm. Good, we've been badly overdue for a good ol' correction for a long time, let's do this and get it over with.

ZIRP and QE are massive failures that have only prolonged the inevitable.

Just wanted to add a sincere "THANK YOU" for that.

Ya NAILED IT!

I knew, with absolute 100 percent certainty, when I heard about the world's stock markets falling, that the rubes on this forum would find a way to blame Obama.

Somehow.
The thing is I didnt blame Obama . I was just pointing out the Libs always say that Obama is the reason the stock market is high but they wont blame him when its low. I dont think any president has control of the stock market

Somehow.
The thing is I didnt blame Obama . I was just pointing out the Libs always say that Obama is the reason the stock market is high but they wont blame him when its low. I dont think any president has control of the stock market
When is the last time a president (like obama) pumped billions of dollars into the stock market every month.
This a Fed driven bubble. This is absolutely an obama stock market

Forum List

Back