FDNY Forbids Firefighters from Hanging Pictures of Trump

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville

The FDNY has ordered firefighters to not hang pictures of President-elect Donald Trump in firehouses or on their trucks, angering some members of the department.

“Only [the] FDNY wouldn’t want the democratically elected president of America hanging in a firehouse,” said one firefighter, who asked to remain anonymous.

“The firehouse is supposed to be a symbol of America. That’s hard to believe when you can’t post a picture of the president.”

That is ridiculous!

AWM5yMs.jpg

The FDNY has ordered firefighters to not hang pictures of President-elect Donald Trump in firehouses or on their trucks, angering some members of the department.

“Only [the] FDNY wouldn’t want the democratically elected president of America hanging in a firehouse,” said one firefighter, who asked to remain anonymous.

“The firehouse is supposed to be a symbol of America. That’s hard to believe when you can’t post a picture of the president.”

That is ridiculous!

While he is president-elect the memo is not an issue. Once he is actually President? Then there will be an issue.

That is ridiculous!
cxuhxytuoaey0i6_-1-e1479281741351.jpg

Images of FDNY firehouses pics of Obama? - Google Search
It's regs, so I doubt if Obama is up, either. Maybe in the fire chief's office it's okay? A mask of Trump on the front of the rig sounds more like a parade--not so dignified?

That is ridiculous!

It's regs, so I doubt if Obama is up, either. Maybe in the fire chief's office it's okay? A mask of Trump on the front of the rig sounds more like a parade--not so dignified?
I agree with you about the mask. But I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around no pictures of the president inside the firehouse. Seems a bit too much.

That is ridiculous!

I agree with you about the mask. But I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around no pictures of the president inside the firehouse. Seems a bit too much.

Most Firehouses do, as well as our schools.

That is ridiculous!

Any FDNY folks here that can explain? I don't think it's putting up a picture of the President in the firehouse that's the problem. Just the media hyping up a nonstory.

its just a memo with a suggestion ---its meaningless------the jerk who authored it-----is a jerk

That is ridiculous!
What is the policy? Have they hung other President-Elects' pictures up? Have they even hung President pictures up like we do in the Military? Before people start pouting, check the facts out.

Forum List

Back