FBI’s Wray tells FISA court Bureau ‘deeply regrets’ failures in Carter Page case

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
FBI Director Christopher Wray told the federal surveillance court in a letter Friday that he “deeply regrets” the bureau’s many errors in the process to obtain surveillance warrants on former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page.

“The FBI has the utmost respect for this Court, and deeply regrets the errors and omissions identified by the OIG,” Wray wrote in a letter to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC).

A judge on the FISC ordered the FBI on Dec. 17 to respond by Friday with a roadmap on how the bureau plans to address the problems identified in a Justice Department inspector general’s (IG) report regarding applications for warrants to wiretap Page.

The IG report, released on Dec. 9, identified 17 errors and omissions that the FBI made in its Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) applications against Page. The report said FBI agents withheld information that undercut the bureau’s suspicion that Page worked as an agent of Russia while he served on the Trump team. Agents also failed to disclose information that raised questions about the credibility and motives of Christopher Steele, a former British spy Democrats hired to investigate President Donald Trump.

The FBI relied heavily on Steele’s infamous dossier in the Page FISA applications.

Wray, who took over the FBI more than a month after the fourth and final Page FISA had been approved, said that one remedy he plans to implement will be to use the Page FISA as a case study in training sessions that FBI personnel will be required to undergo.

“FBI personnel will be instructed on the errors and omissions that were made in the Carter Page FISA applications and associated processes,” Wray said.

(Excerpt) Read more at libertyunyielding.com ..

------------

The training will include a test “to confirm that personnel understand the expectations and the materials,” as well as certification for FBI employees who have completed the training, he added.

Wray set April 30 as a deadline to complete the training.

What have some of us been saying since 2017?

gettyimages-997111962.jpg

The "new training" garbage will be their "solution", instead of actual arrests and prosecutions of the coup plotters.

"Trust Wray!"

Yeah.

DqdLq_LW4AEZAIU.jpg

THE WHITE COURTESY PHONE KEEPS RINGING FOR AG BARR WITH NO REPLY!!!...I am beginning to feel a little suspicious...at least 1 indictment for say McCabe would satisfy me!!!

Wray wants to cover up for Comey, McCabe and Strzok, but he can't escape the biggest scandal in US history, when the Obama admin "broke into" the Trump campaign using falsified evidence, and oppo research as justification for a FISA warrant and spying on Trump.

Mr. Wray may not like what Barr and Durham do to the prior FBI partisan leadership.

There is no amount "training" or "idiot proofing" methodology or protocols that could stop unscrupulous partisan FBI hacks from lying to the FISA court or falsifying evidence. Good, long, prison sentences is the strong medicine needed.

Last edited:
Wray is covering up as if HE were the director during the treasonous acts.
He wasn't director then. But the FBI is a paramilitary organization by its nature. If the guy above you says you go up to the 10th floor, go to room 101 and knock. When the door opens, you arrest all and only the men in room 101, you do not bring back women, you bring back the men in one piece if you can. In other words, you follow the orders of your superior officer sans debate, sans fear, and sans resistance. It's your job. My hunch is Wray is now the director, and is trying the best he can to convey his personal disenchantment with the treasonous acts without conferring undue criticisms on agents trying to obey orders. Just my 2 cents.

He wasn't director then. But the FBI is a paramilitary organization by its nature. If the guy above you says you go up to the 10th floor, go to room 101 and knock. When the door opens, you arrest all and only the men in room 101, you do not bring back women, you bring back the men in one piece if you can. In other words, you follow the orders of your superior officer sans debate, sans fear, and sans resistance. It's your job. My hunch is Wray is now the director, and is trying the best he can to convey his personal disenchantment with the treasonous acts without conferring undue criticisms on agents trying to obey orders. Just my 2 cents.

That rationale' does not address the wrongdoing by FBI leadership.
I'm okay with giving a pass to the foot soldiers following orders, but NOT those in the chain of command who knew they were breaking the law.

Last edited:
This bureaucracy is gotten so big it would be hard to fire Wray.. I think trump should tear down fbi and cia and rebrand . New leadership

I have the sense that FBI Director Wray has not been as forthcoming with Congress about past misdeeds, who is responsible, and what actions were taken against those individuals. Maybe he and everyone else is waiting for the Durham investigation to conclude and present their findings plus any indictments. And what is Congress doing about this? What is the FISA Court doing about it? I get the feeling that things are going to be swept under the rug so to speak as much as possible, and the necessary changes will not be made.

I understand that the justice system in this country presumes innocence until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, and that most of these asshats are extremely adept hiding or destroying evidence, which ought to be a serious offense BTW and prosecuted more often. So it can be difficult to convict some of these people in a court of law; BUT I think we oughta indict the bastards anyway, just like the Dems did with Trump even though they know damn well he's not going to be removed from office. Yeah, I now they didn't indict Trump even though they'd love to do that. IMHO impeachment is just as bad if not worse than an indictment.

You know what I think? I think the next time a democrat is elected to be president the same shit will happen all over again. We wouldn't have found out about any of this had Hillary been elected, and that right there is a good enough reason for her NOT to be our current president. There's a big stink inside the beltway, and IMHO it's mostly the Dems who are perverting the federal gov't.

I have the sense that FBI Director Wray has not been as forthcoming with Congress about past misdeeds, who is responsible, and what actions were taken against those individuals. Maybe he and everyone else is waiting for the Durham investigation to conclude and present their findings plus any indictments. And what is Congress doing about this? What is the FISA Court doing about it? I get the feeling that things are going to be swept under the rug so to speak as much as possible, and the necessary changes will not be made.

I understand that the justice system in this country presumes innocence until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, and that most of these asshats are extremely adept hiding or destroying evidence, which ought to be a serious offense BTW and prosecuted more often. So it can be difficult to convict some of these people in a court of law; BUT I think we oughta indict the bastards anyway, just like the Dems did with Trump even though they know damn well he's not going to be removed from office. Yeah, I now they didn't indict Trump even though they'd love to do that. IMHO impeachment is just as bad if not worse than an indictment.

You know what I think? I think the next time a democrat is elected to be president the same shit will happen all over again. We wouldn't have found out about any of this had Hillary been elected, and that right there is a good enough reason for her NOT to be our current president. There's a big stink inside the beltway, and IMHO it's mostly the Dems who are perverting the federal gov't.
IMHO impeachment is just as bad if not worse than an indictment.

wow. do you know what impeachment is and do you know what an indictment is? one is political and one is a crime. interesting. you're just confused. I get it.

Wray wants to cover up for Comey, McCabe and Strzok, but he can't escape the biggest scandal in US history, when the Obama admin "broke into" the Trump campaign using falsified evidence, and oppo research as justification for a FISA warrant and spying on Trump.

Mr. Wray may not like what Barr and Durham do to the prior FBI partisan leadership.

There is no amount "training" or "idiot proofing" methodology or protocols that could stop unscrupulous partisan FBI hacks from lying to the FISA court or falsifying evidence. Good, long, prison sentences is the strong medicine needed.
What makes this the biggest scandal in US history?

This bureaucracy is gotten so big it would be hard to fire Wray.. I think trump should tear down fbi and cia and rebrand . New leadership

I doubt very much he can do that without the Congress authorizing whatever the new agencies will be and how our rights and liberties are going to be protected. I don't think we need new agencies, we need more stringent rules for misconduct and subsequent arrest and conviction. Nobody will be deterred from abuse of authority if nobody ever goes to jail for wrong-doing. Or failing that, it should be easier to fire people if warranted, with the attendant loss of benefits. I don't like to be a hardass, but this shit has got to stop.

Nixon

I'm okay with giving a pass to the foot soldiers following orders, buy NOT those in the chain of command who knew they were breaking the law.
kyzr says: "That rationale' does not address the wrongdoing by FBI leadership.
I'm okay with giving a pass to the foot soldiers following orders, buy NOT those in the chain of command who knew they were breaking the law."
Of that there can be no doubt, kyzr. I find American Justice confusing when I think of this symbol:
OIP.M3AXaVwuMONiqTV-pilfAQAAAA

Lady Justice is supposed to be blind and balanced toward all exterior excuses when judging adults -- race, rank, social standing, office, honors, former crimes, and make judgments solely on absolute proof of wrongdoing the specific crime under scrutiny in a court of law, which in America first says all are equal under the law.

But in military courts, there are or should be standards based on what is expected of the individual being tried, and failure to obey an order can result in execution if cowardice is the cause. And because the FBI is a paramilitary group, failure to obey a superior's command that results in the death of one or several other agents death is likely punishable in some ways. As a consequence, it becomes an unwritten law that one must obey direct orders. with responsibility landing at the level of the individual handing down the order, and he is supposed to be ordering on the certainty his basis has been explored and is true to justify his actions. This could land on a commander in chief if that's where the order was issued in a way that would make the order acted out by a regular agent potentially sinister if the commander-in-chief had less than putting the American people first reasons. In the case of a person issuing an order for purely political gains or to camouflage his errors of the past, present, or future, the blame ought to be higher for the issuer of the order than the person whose dismal task was to carry out such an order.

However, if the guy who pulled the trigger and assassinates a person who is later found to be completely innocent and was harmed out of the irrational idea one can cover one's errors if someone else takes the rap for it, that's a whole 'nother ball game, and would take a forensics expert and a completely true judicial Lady Justice approach to resolving, wouldn't you think? It would be doubly the commander-in-chief's blame if he knew he was doing it to cover his own butt.

And imho, that's exactly why the Democrat Party is constantly harassing President Trump with false charges. They've utterly zero respect for Lady Justice's principles. I don't know how you can fix that, except to go back to the Constitution and pull up the "all men are created equal" idea behind the Constitution's protection of individual people's civil rights.

Jealousy because a man won an election is not just cause to frame him for a crime or crimes he did not commit is the wrong reason to impeach a man.

And there should be a severing of plotters from damaging the people's choice of electing a President who is falsely maligned over and over and over again for 3 solid and stinking years by a party who lost the election soliciting its members to harass the winner's staff and supporters over their disenchantment with American voters who, through the Electoral College, duly elected a man President of the United States of America.

And that's what I think.

I also think that persons fit to try this mess Congress has created should weigh in on military reasons when they are dealing with an FBI agent who is dealing fairly with the object of his spying upon and not prejudiced for or against the person whose personal doings he is investigating. Audio proof that he "hates" the person he is investigating ought to ride on whether he recuses himself from this duty or not. If that is written into his instruction manual, he could be called out for treason if he instigates over and beyond his call flimsy and false findings his object is guilty. Somehow, the FBI has a habit of informing Democrats they are being investigated and withhold informing Republicans they are being investigated. That is the worst imaginable reason to eliminate an elected official from being confronted with removal, which an impeachment certainly is.

I've heard several people accuse Nancy Pelosi of hating the President, and in fact, she acts like a full-fledged hater when she storms out of the President's office for offending whatever she is mad about, and she is mad a lots.

Many Americans lose trust in the government when people in power become bipolar under pressure, which can make matters worse than they already are. Pelosi cannot handle her bipolar feelings, and she really has no business assuming her power as Speaker of the House gives her such a right as to make an ass of herself. That's just one example.

We have a lot of proofs that the FBI under Obama went far off the deep end in their agreements to do political dirty work for a certifiably unqualified man doing dirt to half the American voters in this country who are Republican, because he could. And he destroyed the reputation of the FBI by forcing his will of getting rid of all Republicans as if they owed him their very jobs. That's not so. Their early training and how they used it should have been what merited their rank. Backbiters is who Obama picked, and I have a feeling he did not look at anything but how much they contributed to his presidential campaign, because that's how he rolls. That was evidence to me when he started doing bad things to states that did not give him all their electoral votes. He was a vengeful, hateful man to Americans who did not vote for him, and he had Hillary peeking in on stuff like that, because as first lady, she elected to outdo the men in the War Room of her husband. She went after Republican competitors with a fine toothed comb. Bill claimed that the American people got two for the price of one, but in fact, all we got was two lifelong dirtbags.

Last edited:

I'm okay with giving a pass to the foot soldiers following orders, buy NOT those in the chain of command who knew they were breaking the law.
kyzr says: "That rationale' does not address the wrongdoing by FBI leadership.
I'm okay with giving a pass to the foot soldiers following orders, buy NOT those in the chain of command who knew they were breaking the law."
Of that there can be no doubt, kyzr. I find American Justice confusing when I think of this symbol:
OIP.M3AXaVwuMONiqTV-pilfAQAAAA

Lady Justice is supposed to be blind and balanced toward all exterior excuses when judging adults -- race, rank, social standing, office, honors, former crimes, and make judgments solely on absolute proof of wrongdoing the specific crime under scrutiny in a court of law, which in America first says all are equal under the law.

But in military courts, there are or should be standards based on what is expected of the individual being tried, and failure to obey an order can result in execution if cowardice is the cause. And because the FBI is a paramilitary group, failure to obey a superior's command that results in the death of one or several other agents death is likely punishable in some ways. As a consequence, it becomes an unwritten law that one must obey direct orders. with responsibility landing at the level of the individual handing down the order, and he is supposed to be ordering on the certainty his basis has been explored and is true to justify his actions. This could land on a commander in chief if that's where the order was issued in a way that would make the order acted out by a regular agent potentially sinister if the commander-in-chief had less than putting the American people first reasons. In the case of a person issuing an order for purely political gains or to camouflage his errors of the past, present, or future, the blame ought to be higher for the issuer of the order than the person whose dismal task was to carry out such an order.

However, if the guy who pulled the trigger and assassinates a person who is later found to be completely innocent and was harmed out of the irrational idea one can cover one's errors if someone else takes the rap for it, that's a whole 'nother ball game, and would take a forensics expert and a completely true judicial Lady Justice approach to resolving, wouldn't you think? It would be doubly the commander-in-chief's blame if he knew he was doing it to cover his own butt.

And imho, that's exactly why the Democrat Party is constantly harassing President Trump with false charges. They've utterly zero respect for Lady Justice's principles. I don't know how you can fix that, except to go back to the Constitution and pull up the "all men are created equal" idea behind the Constitution's protection of individual people's civil rights.

Jealousy because a man won an election is not just cause to frame him for a crime or crimes he did not commit is the wrong reason to impeach a man.

And there should be a severing of plotters from damaging the people's choice of electing a President who is falsely maligned over and over and over again for 3 solid and stinking years by a party who lost the election soliciting its members to harass the winner's staff and supporters over their disenchantment with American voters who, through the Electoral College, duly elected a man President of the United States of America.

And that's what I think.
yeah ask Manafort.

But justice don't accept "I was just following orders". That's nothing but a cowards statement. Sure, he wasn't director when all this was going on, and stuff like what's been going on with Trump didn't just start when he was elected. How many cases have FBI agents lied on? How many people who can't mount 8 year legal defenses sit in prison right now because the FBI pulled this shit on them to? I'm sick of this bullshit statement (the leadership is bad, but the rank and file are 100%) bullshit. This is America. Here, if you see something you can say something. None of them said anything. They let the corruption go on because if benefitted them. Fuck them they are trash. Nothing but dirty cops.

FBI Director Christopher Wray told the federal surveillance court in a letter Friday that he “deeply regrets” the bureau’s many errors in the process to obtain surveillance warrants on former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page.

“The FBI has the utmost respect for this Court, and deeply regrets the errors and omissions identified by the OIG,” Wray wrote in a letter to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC).

A judge on the FISC ordered the FBI on Dec. 17 to respond by Friday with a roadmap on how the bureau plans to address the problems identified in a Justice Department inspector general’s (IG) report regarding applications for warrants to wiretap Page.

The IG report, released on Dec. 9, identified 17 errors and omissions that the FBI made in its Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) applications against Page. The report said FBI agents withheld information that undercut the bureau’s suspicion that Page worked as an agent of Russia while he served on the Trump team. Agents also failed to disclose information that raised questions about the credibility and motives of Christopher Steele, a former British spy Democrats hired to investigate President Donald Trump.

The FBI relied heavily on Steele’s infamous dossier in the Page FISA applications.

Wray, who took over the FBI more than a month after the fourth and final Page FISA had been approved, said that one remedy he plans to implement will be to use the Page FISA as a case study in training sessions that FBI personnel will be required to undergo.

“FBI personnel will be instructed on the errors and omissions that were made in the Carter Page FISA applications and associated processes,” Wray said.

(Excerpt) Read more at libertyunyielding.com ..

------------

The training will include a test “to confirm that personnel understand the expectations and the materials,” as well as certification for FBI employees who have completed the training, he added.

Wray set April 30 as a deadline to complete the training.

What have some of us been saying since 2017?

gettyimages-997111962.jpg

The "new training" garbage will be their "solution", instead of actual arrests and prosecutions of the coup plotters.

"Trust Wray!"

Yeah.

DqdLq_LW4AEZAIU.jpg

THE WHITE COURTESY PHONE KEEPS RINGING FOR AG BARR WITH NO REPLY!!!...I am beginning to feel a little suspicious...at least 1 indictment for say McCabe would satisfy me!!!
Meh. They said they're sorry, besides a little Fascism never hurt anyone

Using the Federal intel agencies, and their foreign assets, to spy on and setup the opposition party's presidential candidate, and then their "insurance policy" to setup the Mueller Investigation to ruin the opposition party's first term is nothing short of despicable. That makes Nixon's inept "plumbers" look innocent by comparison.

Using the Federal intel agencies, and their foreign assets, to spy on and setup the opposition party's presidential candidate, and then their "insurance policy" to setup the Mueller Investigation to ruin the opposition party's first term is nothing short of despicable. That makes Nixon's inept "plumbers" look innocent by comparison.
Progressives would be cool with Trump spying on Biden and Obama

Interesting. How did they “set up” Trump?

Mueller was appointed by Rosenstein (because Sessions had recused himself due to his own false statements about his connections with Russians) after Trump fires Comey and lied about why. Rosenstein was appointed by Trump to the second most powerful position in the DoJ.

If this was their plan, it seems to be heavily reliant on actions taken by Trump himself. It just doesn’t seem like a plausible allegation to me.

Forum List

Back