FBI took records from Mar A Lago covered by attorney client privilege.

Garland should be disbarred for using his office to get attorney-client priv material in an attempt to find something on Trump and intimidate him from not running.

§ 51.7 Passport property of the U.S. Government. (a) A passport at all times remains the property of the United States and must be returned to the U.S. Government upon demand

perhaps Trump is thinking about fleeing the country? or he's too dumb to realize he's admitting he's a flight risk.
Just think about it, you (can) have two things Trump doesnt: a passport & twitter account.
How does that give the FBI the right to take his passports? Normally they need a court order to do that.

They want the affidavit sealed because unsealing it would negatively affect their on going investigations. It would intimidate other sources and scare them, to not come forward.

And revealing a source at this time, would compromise the rest of their criminal investigations.

The judge will likely agree.

Either that or the "source" is full of shit and easily identified as a deep stater like in the first bogus impeachment.

Because no such legal term for the US exists.

Normally that would be covered under EO, they are essentially the same concept but you whined when I linked those. Then I linked to presidential actions but now you are bitching about that. I have provided links to presidential actions, you have provided nothing but gas blown out your ass.

How about you link to some of those decrees.

The reason you have linked nothing so far is because you do not have a clue what you are talking about.

A decree is a legal proclamation, usually issued by a head of state (such as the president of a republic or a monarch), according to certain procedures (usually established in a constitution). It has the force of law. The particular term used for this concept may vary from country to country. The executive orders made by the President of the United States, for example, are decrees (although a decree is not exactly an order).

For someone so monumentally ignorant on the subject you seem to demand that you know an awful lot.

Never said anything like that. What I said is that it's LIKELY not an EO, but a decree which means the President proclaims as such verbally. No, they are not the same thing.

The FBI said anything taken in error will be returned. Trump changed the narrative to claim they took his passports.
/----/ OOOPS

FBI returns Trump passports seized in Mar-a-Lago raid​

The FBI has returned three passports to former President Trump that were seized in the Mar-a-Lago raid, according to a law enforcement official. Fox News has learned that two of the passports are expired.
In a statement released late Monday night, an FBI official explained, “In executing search warrants, the FBI follows search and seizure procedures ordered by courts, then returns items that do not need to be retained for law enforcement purposes.”

Sure, in court, the GQP can't wait that long.

Why not? This is turning in our favor. The public is sick of these "let's get Trump" stunts. They've had it already. So if they're not trying to prosecute Trump, what are they doing? Why all this? Because Trump is the biggest threat to the Communist party, and they need to try everything possible to stop him from running and kicking their Nazi asses.

Really?
First the GQP wanted to see the warrant.
DOJ and Trump agreed, nothing there.
Now they want to see the affidavit.
Next they'll want to see the body camera's of the FBI.

So what? If some authority broke into my home and searched it, I would want to know every single detail about it. Who wouldn't?

That would be Trump's cult.

"I know the White House as well as anyone, I spent a lot of time there, I know the system, this did not happen without Joe Biden's explicit approval."
Then, it was illegal because Trump wasn't there.
Then it was taking the documents were legal.
Then it was Trump had a standing order that the documents were declassified.
The latest............the FBI planted evidence.

We don't know if they planted evidence. But if they come up with something they say Trump had that Trump claims he never had in his possession in the fist place, you bet there is more than reasonable suspicion that the FBI planted it there. They demanded the staff turn off all security cameras. They made sure Trump wasn't there when they executed the search. They forced his lawyers to wait outside and not let them oversee the search.

probably so yes.
For passport to be seized, the judge would have listed it in the search warrant. The only reason would be that the passports would need to be evidence of a crime, perhaps if Trump was planning to leave the country? hmm.
There could be a 2nd search warrant, still sealed.
They gave the passports back.

Keep flailing

Why not? This is turning in our favor.
Really?
In "our" favor?
No, just like the orange grifter, it's turning into another grift
The public is sick of these "let's get Trump" stunts.
The public is tired of the grifters criminality.
They've had it already. So if they're not trying to prosecute Trump, what are they doing?
WTF?
They are, idiot.
Why all this? Because Trump is the biggest threat to the Communist party, and they need to try everything possible to stop him from running and kicking their Nazi asses.
Trump and his cult are the communist.
Gaslighting only works on them, like Russians and Putin.
So what? If some authority broke into my home and searched it, I would want to know every single detail about it. Who wouldn't?
That would be in court.
We don't know if they planted evidence. But if they come up with something they say Trump had that Trump claims he never had in his possession in the fist place, you bet there is more than reasonable suspicion that the FBI planted it there.
Sure, Trump and his cult have it all planned.
Wasn't everything "declassified" under a "standing order" that no one has seen?
They demanded the staff turn off all security cameras.
NOT, what Trump's lawyer stated.

Former President Donald Trump and his lawyers have baselessly peddled a conspiracy theory that the FBI may have "planted" evidence during its raid on Mar-a-Lago because "nobody" was allowed to watch. But Trump's lawyer admitted on Thursday that Trump and his family watched the "whole thing" go down from New York through CCTV footage from the resort.

"I think the folks in New York — President Trump and his family — they probably had a better view than I did. Because they had the CCTV, they were able to watch," Bobb told the right-wing outlet Real America's Voice.

Bobb said that she was busy speaking with investigators during the search but the Trump family saw "the whole thing."

"So they actually have a better idea of what took place inside," Bobb said.
They made sure Trump wasn't there when they executed the search. They forced his lawyers to wait outside and not let them oversee the search.
WTF?
NO ONE can ever observe during a police search, idiot.
Let alone a federal search.

Or it could have been in one of the boxes seized....

It is not as though the FBI comes through every single box and reads every document. If they were charged with recovering boxes that held classified materials then all they are going to be looking for are the boxes. Particularly if they were obvious and/or sealed.
30 agents, 9 hours, 15 boxes.

WTF were they doing? That leaves a lot of panty sniffing time.

You were in control during the Rump years. Why did you not investigate and prosecute with respect to Federal offenses related to that unrest and destruction?

For all I care you could have sent a squadron of cavalry (mounted police) against the rioters in Portland and other cities in mid-2020, and cracked their skulls.

But that has nothing whatsoever - zero - to do with - nor does it equate with - assaulting the Congress and Vice President of the United States on January 6.
I remember President Trump saying he would send federal help. But no democrat mayor or governor didn't want the help

Now it's being reported the DOJ wants the most important reason for the warrant sealed. The affidavit.
That has been known all along. That still doesn't address the fact that the woman in the video lied about not having a copy of the warrant or a receipt for what was taken.

Forum List

Back