Trump FBI challenges Trump

Nunes is on record as saying the FBI stonewalled Congress over their information on the whole collusion story, including the Steele dossier. Is that true? If so, why? Am I to believe Nunes lied about that? Can the FBI show documents that were provided when asked for? I'll be honest here, it feels like this shit has been going on forever, stonewall while we destroy any incriminating evidence, just like the IRS did in the Lois Lerner thing. And I won't say the Repubs haven't done the same thing, though not to the extent the Dems have. Maybe it's always been this way and it's just coming to light in a big way, I dunno. But I'll say this, I do not trust my gov't, hardly any of them. It's all half-truths and innuendo, implications without support, charges and counter charges and grandstanding for the media. IOW, my gov't truly sucks.

Kinda interesting the Gowdy is just one of the two who read the memo, decides not to run, tells his fellow committee Repugs that he supports Mueller 100% and to lay off Mueller.
I heard Gowdy is getting sick of Trump and his zealots in Washington.

Or Gowdy was going to quit anyway, reads the memo and realizes there's no better time to make sure his seat stay Red. No idea where Gowdy stand with respect to Trump, but it is possible he just doesn't want to stay in Congress and put up with all the horse pucky. Some of which does come from Trump, I'll give you that.

It's also kinda interesting that the FBI Director sees the Nunes memo and the deputy director gets canned not long afterwards.

Read the link in Post# 10#.
Gowdy sees the light. Trumpster? They remain in the dark,,,willingly. :dunno:

From your link in Post #10:

“This memo is nothing but the distilling, a reducing of thousands of pages of documents provided to us by the [Justice] Department and the bureau," Gowdy said. "There is nothing in this memo that the department is not already aware of.”

So why are the Dems so hell-bent on keeping this memo a secret? By fighting the release of this memo to the public they want to keep us all in the dark, correct? They can redact the details for whatever needs to be kept secret and let everybody know what the hell was going on. If it's nothing then the GOP will have a lot of egg on their faces, but if not then maybe it's best to shed the light of day of those responsible for making certain decisions. And then asking the Dems what the fuck is their problem? If there are lies or half-truths in there then the FBI will have the opportunity to point it out chapter and verse to Congress, behind closed doors if necessary. If the Dems want to release their own memo that summarizes the investigation thus far then IMHO that should happen. We can judge for ourselves what is BS and what isn't.

We can sit here all day and theorize why Gowdy said this or that or why he announced his decision not to run for re-election. Which he's been saying for some time now, he just made it official. Again, I have no idea where Gowdy stand with respect to Trump, but it is possible he just doesn't want to stay in Congress and put up with all the horse pucky. To read anything more into that is pretty much idle speculation.

Why are the Republicans, so afraid to release the entire intelligence/pertaining to their half bakes and cherry picked memo?
Just like their "Secret Society" and crying wolf about Peter Strzok blew up in their face, so will their doctored Russia-Trump memo. It's basically an obstruction of justice by Trump, should he release this memo. Trump and his zealous congressional followers are scared shitless and they are digging their own grave.

Nunes is on record as saying the FBI stonewalled Congress over their information on the whole collusion story, including the Steele dossier. Is that true? If so, why? Am I to believe Nunes lied about that? Can the FBI show documents that were provided when asked for? I'll be honest here, it feels like this shit has been going on forever, stonewall while we destroy any incriminating evidence, just like the IRS did in the Lois Lerner thing. And I won't say the Repubs haven't done the same thing, though not to the extent the Dems have. Maybe it's always been this way and it's just coming to light in a big way, I dunno. But I'll say this, I do not trust my gov't, hardly any of them. It's all half-truths and innuendo, implications without support, charges and counter charges and grandstanding for the media. IOW, my gov't truly sucks.

Kinda interesting the Gowdy is just one of the two who read the memo, decides not to run, tells his fellow committee Repugs that he supports Mueller 100% and to lay off Mueller.

Or Gowdy was going to quit anyway, reads the memo and realizes there's no better time to make sure his seat stay Red. No idea where Gowdy stand with respect to Trump, but it is possible he just doesn't want to stay in Congress and put up with all the horse pucky. Some of which does come from Trump, I'll give you that.

It's also kinda interesting that the FBI Director sees the Nunes memo and the deputy director gets canned not long afterwards.

“This memo is nothing but the distilling, a reducing of thousands of pages of documents provided to us by the [Justice] Department and the bureau," Gowdy said. "There is nothing in this memo that the department is not already aware of.”

So why are the Dems so hell-bent on keeping this memo a secret? By fighting the release of this memo to the public they want to keep us all in the dark, correct? They can redact the details for whatever needs to be kept secret and let everybody know what the hell was going on. If it's nothing then the GOP will have a lot of egg on their faces, but if not then maybe it's best to shed the light of day of those responsible for making certain decisions. And then asking the Dems what the fuck is their problem? If there are lies or half-truths in there then the FBI will have the opportunity to point it out chapter and verse to Congress, behind closed doors if necessary. If the Dems want to release their own memo that summarizes the investigation thus far then IMHO that should happen. We can judge for ourselves what is BS and what isn't.

We can sit here all day and theorize why Gowdy said this or that or why he announced his decision not to run for re-election. Which he's been saying for some time now, he just made it official. Again, I have no idea where Gowdy stand with respect to Trump, but it is possible he just doesn't want to stay in Congress and put up with all the horse pucky. To read anything more into that is pretty much idle speculation.

Why are the Republicans, so afraid to release the entire intelligence/pertaining to their half bakes and cherry picked memo?
Just like their "Secret Society" and crying wolf about Peter Strzok blew up in their face, so will their doctored Russia-Trump memo. It's basically an obstruction of justice by Trump, should he release this memo. Trump and his zealous congressional followers are scared shitless and they are digging their own grave.

Your characterization of a memo you have not seen is preposterous. And it could be that since the investigation is on-going the House Intel Committee cannot and should not release the entire intelligence gathered so far, but instead summarize it for everybody to understand what the hell is going on. Obstruction of justice, my ass. It remains to be seen if Trump and the Repubs are digging their own graves; it could be that it's the Dems who are the ones with shovels.

Your characterization of a memo you have not seen is preposterous. And it could be that since the investigation is on-going the House Intel Committee cannot and should not release the entire intelligence gathered so far, but instead summarize it for everybody to understand what the hell is going on. Obstruction of justice, my ass. It remains to be seen if Trump and the Repubs are digging their own graves; it could be that it's the Dems who are the ones with shovels.

You are such a partisan hack and easily manipulated.
I'm with John Thune, release the current memo and also the Democrats rebuttal memo. And of course the intelligence community's redactions inclusions..
How's that hit you? A big picture, instead of a very narrow view?

You are such a partisan hack and easily manipulated.
I'm with John Thune, release the current memo and also the Democrats rebuttal memo. And of course the intelligence community's redactions inclusions..
How's that hit you? A big picture, instead of a very narrow view?

Works for me. Not sure what you meant by redactions inclusions, but we don't need to know stuff that ought to remain secret. I think we should also see the information that these memos are summarizing, at least the stuff that doesn't compromise national security. Which kind of brings up a problem, which is who gets to decide that? Would the FBI allow us to see things that might be damaging to them but not to national security? And I'm talking here about the people at the top of the FBI management/leadership.

Forum List

Back