Favourite Boston Albums

Dude111

VIP Member
Jun 6, 2011
I have always loved Boston so when I got another record player after many years 3 years ago,I was happy to first get THIER FIRST ALBUM and then months later THE SECOND ALBUM!!!!!

After the 2nd album the band broke apart and didnt sound as good,etc...... I found the THIRD ALBUM the other day (1986) and although its 100% ANALOG,it just doesnt sound as good or the "BOSTON" I remember from the 70s!

There is 1 song on that album I do like which is "We're ready" (I have heard it before on the radio and its nice hearing it in 100% analog but.....) but thats not enough to keep the record..... Doesnt sound as good and its just NOT SAME "BOSTON" in my ears!! -- Boston was the BEST in the 70s and Im glad to have thier first 2 albums in 100% beautiful ANALOG quality :) (First pressings on both (ORIGINAL ORANGE EPIC LABEL))

On the 3rd album it sounds a bit more tinny,not as nice sounding.........

So my favourite Boston albums are the first 2,how about you??

Same here, first two.

It's amazing how they got such a big sound considering it was recorded and mixed in the basement of a house.

I worked at Sears while in college. On break, I'd go to the car with some high school kid working the catalog desk. We'd blast Boston music while hitting the bong. Fun times. :thup:

Forum List

Back