Favorite RPG? & why?

Here's some legit reviews for the 3 games. The first is only available on ps3. The next 2 are multiplats that are available on pc as well. Finally Bloodborne is in the works as a PS4 exclusive.

I highly recommend buying all 3 of them as they are by far the most satisfying/rewarding rpg's I've ever played.

Scrap Dark Souls 1 on pc. I just went back to boot it up and it wont start. It's tied to GFWL and that is now apparently broken. Still on console tho

Traffic Tequila

Elder Scrolls provides atmosphere and story.

I'd like to see a modernized version of Leisure Suit Larry, one that is more in touch with the traffic-sensibilities and sentiments of today.

For example, imagine an RPG in which you're a German stewardess (working for Lufthansa) named Elsa. You (as Elsa) are involved in an intricate international airline narcotics-smuggling operation between Moscow and Miami. However, on the stop-overs, you have to get off in Moscow and deal with the Russian mafia as a pistol-toting assassin, hired to take out rogue agents for the Yakuza in order to gain the trust of your various nefarious employers. You also take time out to visit your lesbian girlfriend Mia, which is alright, since you're bisexual.

Actually, Airlinesimulation.com provides comparable inspiration.

:afro:

Leisure Suit Larry

Airline Simultation

s.jpg

Leisure Suit Larry is decidedly an Adventure game, not an RPG.

Don't get me wrong, I grew up on adventure games - the old Lucasfilms games, the larry games, King's Quest and Quest For Glory. Some of the most important games to me growing up - I still believe that the first Monkey Island game is one of the best games ever made.

Commodore 64 is the Grandaddy of all games. Man..I had hundreds of games...wish I still had one. These new fangled machines can't even compare to the depth and creativity of the 64's games.

Diablo III obviously.

Have 5 maxed lv 70 characters, Crusader does 350k DPS and I have well over 18 million in gold.

For an update, I have 12 maxed 70 characters who do well over 1.3 million DPS and I have 1.1 billion gold. Passed Greater Rift Rank 41 the other day.

I am a geek in metal armor. Fear me.

Last edited:
Diablo III obviously.

Have 5 maxed lv 70 characters, Crusader does 350k DPS and I have well over 18 million in gold.

For an update, I have 12 maxed 70 characters who do well over 1.3 million DPS and I have 1.1 billion gold. Passed Greater Rift Rank 41 the other day.

I am a geek in metal armor. Fear me.

I only made one character. A lvl 70 sorceress who teleports around shooting plasma beams and force lightning. I haven't played that game in awhile though.​

Speaking of old games, anyone ever play world of Xeen - that was an amazing dos RPG. One of the greats. Betrayal at Krondor too – I think that might have been the best of the DOS and older RPG and even rivals current gen ones. Had an entire book that followed the storyline and spawned a series. Fantastic game.

Krondor was a good game. Every once n a while...I will go on an abandonware kick and download a bunch of games and relive those classic games. It's amazing how I thought some of those games had great graphics.

Krondor was a good game. Every once n a while...I will go on an abandonware kick and download a bunch of games and relive those classic games. It's amazing how I thought some of those games had great graphics.
lol.

I do that a lot as well. It is getting harder to do though – new 64 bit systems do not always allow older games to run. It took me a long time to get civ 2 running and find a proper dos box config that ran Xeen. Even worse, some games do not have actual timers – they used the processing speed to set the pace. Work on an old game meant for a 386 machine on a new i7 and 10 minutes in game suddenly becomes less than a second.

What surprises me is how I used to think that some games were very deep and innovative then go back and see that the options really are quite slim. Different perspectives when you are used to dealing with modern games.

lol.

I do that a lot as well. It is getting harder to do though – new 64 bit systems do not always allow older games to run. It took me a long time to get civ 2 running and find a proper dos box config that ran Xeen. Even worse, some games do not have actual timers – they used the processing speed to set the pace. Work on an old game meant for a 386 machine on a new i7 and 10 minutes in game suddenly becomes less than a second.

What surprises me is how I used to think that some games were very deep and innovative then go back and see that the options really are quite slim. Different perspectives when you are used to dealing with modern games.
That is true...that is what makes it a challenge to find some good games. I have some classics that I play on a regular basis...it is amazing how the most simple games are the most entertaining.

It is also funny how the games I have fond memories of are now unplayable to me.

Commodore 64 is the Grandaddy of all games. Man..I had hundreds of games...wish I still had one. These new fangled machines can't even compare to the depth and creativity of the 64's games.
Most C64 games were nonsense and boring. The best game I remember is Katakis.

Most C64 games were nonsense and boring. The best game I remember is Katakis.
LOL just about every modern game originated from the C-64.

Forum List

Back