• Mini Wheats

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
I've had a few over my lifetime. I am not much of a cereal eater (or a breakfast eater for that matter)... although I LOVE breakfast foods! Anyway, some of my favorites over time have been:

(1) Life
(2) Cap'n Crunch
(3) Golden Grahams
(4) Grape Nuts
(5) Honey Bunches of Oats
(6) Raisin Bran

Any that you suggest or should stay away from them?

Couldn't get enough Golden Grahams in basic training. :) Now though I'm a frosted wheat minis man - awesome fiber source.

I'm an absolute cereal killer. Always was. Rarely ever for breakfast though, that's reserved for protein.

First thing I check on any cereal is sugar content, which rejects most of that list excepting Cheerios. I do use a version of that (Joe's Os from Trader Joe's, basically same thing) but all of my bowls of cereal are unique one-of-a-kind creations of three, four or more different blends.

I try to stay away from wheat, leaving oats, rice, amaranth, quinoa and such, plus of course fruits, either already in it or added manually.

Another one I get regularly is Mesa Sunrise.

And it all swims in ... Cashew Milk :eusa_dance: -- unsweetened version of course.

This is how much I love cereal... I invented a game as a kid:

Pour cereal in, pour milk in...
uh-oh, too much milk! Eat some, add more cereal...
uh-oh, too much cereal! Eat some, add more milk...
uh-oh, too much milk! ... etc etc etc...

I'm not much of a cereal aficionado any more and I'm not sure if it's because I no longer drink whole milk and actually like skim, or if it's because I don't use sugar anymore. Getting older and being conscious of what you put in your body is kind of a bust but I'd much rather be healthy.

People here are WAY too healthy and sensible (as I eat my liverwurst sandwich on white bread....)

Last edited:
I'm not much of a cereal aficionado any more and I'm not sure if it's because I no longer drink whole milk and actually like skim, or if it's because I don't use sugar anymore. Getting older and being conscious of what you put in your body is kind of a bust but I'd much rather be healthy.

That's true for me too and as a kid I drank extreme quantities of milk. We just didn't know any better. Upon adulthood I went to soy milk, and then unsweetened soy (it keeps a lot longer with nothing in there to feed bacteria, and there's no reason to sweeten it in the first place) and now cashew milk. Sugars and wheat have been pretty much weeded out by now.

That's true for me too and as a kid I drank extreme quantities of milk. We just didn't know any better. Upon adulthood I went to soy milk, and then unsweetened soy (it keeps a lot longer with nothing in there to feed bacteria, and there's no reason to sweeten it in the first place) and now cashew milk. Sugars and wheat have been pretty much weeded out by now.

I've never tried cashew milk before so I'll give it a try. Is it anything like Almond milk?

I quit eating cereal many years ago. Most mornings it's a banana/strawberry/apple cider/pro-biotic yogurt/chia seeds. Or eggs/bacon. Toast/cheese. Breakfast cereal makes me feel like crap.

I've never tried cashew milk before so I'll give it a try. Is it anything like Almond milk?

Yeah, not much difference in either but I have a cashew thing. Almond milk usually has more protein, but cashew has more.. cashew. :D

Not that there's much of the taste in either, but if you use your imagination it's in there. :thup:

I guess at 51 I'm still not willing to give up junk food and booze!
Probably will hit the wall at around 55 or 60....

Yeah, not much difference in either but I have a cashew thing. Almond milk usually has more protein, but cashew has more.. cashew. :D

Not that there's much of the taste in either, but if you use your imagination it's in there. :thup:

I'll give it a whirl.

PROSTITUTIES!

They don't snap.
They don't crackle.
They don't pop.

They just lie in the bowl and bang.

When those are out of stock?

Liberul Loopies!

Entirely organic. No gluten. No sugar. No trans-fats. NO GM nothin'.

The boxes are empty when you buy'em but because they are made without so many things that you're personally saving the planet each time you pour some in a bowl and admire yourself for your sensitivity. It helps ease the hunger pangs.

I quit eating cereal many years ago. Most mornings it's a banana/strawberry/apple cider/pro-biotic yogurt/chia seeds. Or eggs/bacon. Toast/cheese. Breakfast cereal makes me feel like crap.

Maybe that's it. If I have a hot breakfast with eggs I'm good all day and usually don't even need lunch. I saw this idea and I think I'll try it this weekend

Grits, sausage and a little sorghum or head cheese (when I can get it) sandwich. I have never liked boxed cereal.

Forum List

Back