Fastest growing cities in the U.S. mostly red

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
This is interesting,...First California city is number 17

Adam McCann • Oct 14, 2019

Experts might not agree on the “best” or the “right” recipe for rapid economic growth, but some cities know the key ingredients for long-term prosperity better than others. Patterns emerge within those cities, allowing us to identify what factors contribute to a lasting cycle of growth. The South and West currently seem to be attractive places to move, as the U.S. Census Bureau reports eight of the 15 cities with the largest population gains in 2018 were located in the South and six were in the West.

Some cities thrive even through hard economic times while others struggle. To determine where the fastest local economic growth has occurred in the U.S., WalletHub compared 515 cities of varying population sizes based on 17 key measures of both growth and decline over a period of seven years. Our data set ranges from population growth to unemployment rate decrease to growth in regional GDP per capita. Read on for our findings, expert insight from a panel of researchers and a full description of our methodologies

Fastest-Growing Cities in the U.S.

 Search by City
Overall Rank* City Total Score 'Sociodemographics' Rank 'Jobs & Economy' Rank
1 Lehigh Acres, FL 82.11 5 3
2 Mount Pleasant, SC 79.47 2 37
3 Bend, OR 78.1 8 4
4 Enterprise, NV 76.62 6 65
5 Frisco, TX 74.25 3 155
6 Fort Myers, FL 73.88 11 13
7 Meridian, ID 73.76 4 125
8 Saint George, UT 72.42 25 2
9 Cape Coral, FL 71.56 19 11
10 Round Rock, TX 70.99 15 28
11 College Station, TX 70.54 13 50
12 Murfreesboro, TN 69.96 9 122
13 McKinney, TX 69.23 10 129
14 Midland, TX 67.46 16 99
15 Austin, TX 67.3 27 36
16 Concord, NC 66.91 18 95
17 Milpitas, CA 66.54

All those poor fools in red cities must be losing their housing and land is cheap.
Actually new home sales are way up because the interest rate is way down....homes are moving faster than even before the China Kung Flu hit the world.....

Every last time our enemies try and break us we (America) heal and become stronger than ever before. Some fear that such civilizational virility will fail us in time. However, I believe America will stand strong for decades—perhaps centuries—to come. America will endure as long as our way of life remains focused squarely on individual freedom and personal responsibility. Our enemies can never defeat us as a nation of strong individuals who unite in times of great crisis. All of our enemies fear us, as they should. Such is a large part of the reason the postmodernists have chosen this time in our history to openly attack us and our nation. They sense weakness, division, uncertainty and failing love for our history, our founding documents and our President. Cliché perhaps, but nevertheless always true: united we stand, divided we fall.

All those poor fools in red cities must be losing their housing and land is cheap.
At least they have cops
I dont need cops or sunflower seed spitting contests in my neighborhood.

you have russian immigrants in your town? you prefer watermelon seed spitters? ---------both of those foods are GOOD FOR YOU
The only seed spitters I know are country white folk.

oh---russians are into it too. I never met an american----of ANY hue who had that talent. I tried
but failed. ANYWAY-----sunflower seeds are an excellent source of many nutrients including protein.
Eating them is something associated with poverty.
The food of poverty is a fascinating topic. Do you eat "chitterlings"? You want do discuss the cuisine of my immigrant relatives? or Hubby's ------the cuisine of his community is so fascinating that it once made it----very obliquely, to the New England Journal of Medicine. In my town there are "buffet" restaurants that include "COLLARD GREENS" ----only because there are lots of black people in the area.

At least they have cops

you have russian immigrants in your town? you prefer watermelon seed spitters? ---------both of those foods are GOOD FOR YOU

oh---russians are into it too. I never met an american----of ANY hue who had that talent. I tried
but failed. ANYWAY-----sunflower seeds are an excellent source of many nutrients including protein.
The food of poverty is a fascinating topic. Do you eat "chitterlings"? You want do discuss the cuisine of my immigrant relatives? or Hubby's ------the cuisine of his community is so fascinating that it once made it----very obliquely, to the New England Journal of Medicine. In my town there are "buffet" restaurants that include "COLLARD GREENS" ----only because there are lots of black people in the area.
I dont eat slave food specifically for that reason so no chittlins for me. I hate greens.

I wonder how real estate prices are doing in Seattle, Minneapolis and New York? Nothing excites prospective home buyers more than seeing mobs taking over the streets.
I bet both places are still worth more than ILoveMySister Arkansas
Probably but I'm guessing prices are dropping closer to ClintonLand prices.

interestingly------you want REAL info. Our dear mayor-----WANTS TO DESTROY land owners. ----little
land owners-----like a house---and maybe a "lot over there" So he RAISED TAXES-----on a "lot" that I own-----with a little standing, broken down structure----not habitable that we used to store junk-----he DECIDED that the land and structure is a "GAS STATION" In all its history it has never been a gas station or anything close to a gas station. Long long
ago the little shack was a house. When I bought it ---it was called an empty lot. At some point in time it was used as a place to sell drugs. We found bags of
SOMETHING in the place and were told "marijuana"---I told hubby----give it to the cops----they did not want it so the garbage got it. That is why I say it was used to sell drugs ???

At least they have cops

I dont eat slave food specifically for that reason so no chittlins for me. I hate greens.

see? I told you it is interesting. There are people who now call COLLARD GREENS-------something ELEGANT
Actually---I grew up on really bitter green stuff because my mom was into health. I do not like bitter greens either but now they are ELEGANT. KALE was nothing new to me (yuck) There are some foods that my immigrant relatives used that are also disdained by us---the kids. Same is true of hubby's family regarding what could be called "arabian" cuisine. They use lots of goat milk products. Now his sisters hate the scent of the horrible stuff. My father actually LIKED cow brain (yuck) Pork belly is really big------somewhere

This is interesting,...First California city is number 17

Adam McCann • Oct 14, 2019

Experts might not agree on the “best” or the “right” recipe for rapid economic growth, but some cities know the key ingredients for long-term prosperity better than others. Patterns emerge within those cities, allowing us to identify what factors contribute to a lasting cycle of growth. The South and West currently seem to be attractive places to move, as the U.S. Census Bureau reports eight of the 15 cities with the largest population gains in 2018 were located in the South and six were in the West.

Some cities thrive even through hard economic times while others struggle. To determine where the fastest local economic growth has occurred in the U.S., WalletHub compared 515 cities of varying population sizes based on 17 key measures of both growth and decline over a period of seven years. Our data set ranges from population growth to unemployment rate decrease to growth in regional GDP per capita. Read on for our findings, expert insight from a panel of researchers and a full description of our methodologies

Fastest-Growing Cities in the U.S.

 Search by City
Overall Rank* City Total Score 'Sociodemographics' Rank 'Jobs & Economy' Rank
1 Lehigh Acres, FL 82.11 5 3
2 Mount Pleasant, SC 79.47 2 37
3 Bend, OR 78.1 8 4
4 Enterprise, NV 76.62 6 65
5 Frisco, TX 74.25 3 155
6 Fort Myers, FL 73.88 11 13
7 Meridian, ID 73.76 4 125
8 Saint George, UT 72.42 25 2
9 Cape Coral, FL 71.56 19 11