Fast Food Wages

Went to In-n-Out. Prices jumped up because of fast food legislation increasing workers wages. Went to pay and mentioned to the worker that it must be good for them now. She said not so much, they cut their hours.
Not only that but the increased wages have increased the prices they pay for things, on top of earning less gross pay due to the decrease in hours. But liberals call all of this a success.

Pretty soon only the rich will be able to afford fast food and public transportation. 🍍

But the rich do neither of those.
I could care less about any fast food franchises. If they all shut their doors it'd not bother me one bit. I don't eat at any of them because I know how to cook.
As far as the wage thing it's frankly weird that anybody keeps track of fast food wages. Who cares? Those owners aren't owed a labor force. If they struggle to find people they need to look in the mirror at the culprit. They have failed.

Ok, we get it. You're better because you cook and for some reason announce to the internet you don't eat fast food. Hope you have some Advil for when you pull a muscle patting yourself on the back.

And there is an extremely important reason for paying attention to fast food wages. Because it's a marker for how the economy is going and where it's going. Fast food since it's inception has been for kids to earn some extra money and be introduced into the work place, and for older people to have something to keep themselves busy. It's never been to earn a living wage. That's why it's fast and cheap.

When you jack up the wages of a group of highly unskilled workers like fast food you set off a chain reaction. Soon other unskilled people want that same money. Why work a register at a gas station for 12 bucks an hour when you can run a fry machine for 20? How would someone that does skilled labor for 24 dollars and hour be happy when they don't make much more than someone putting ketchup in a bag?

When you start raising wages of unskilled labor eventually skilled labor wages go up also which results in higher prices across the board for consumers.

It also means more layoffs and cutbacks and cheaper quality products at as companies try to cut costs.

Your self congratulatory apathy makes me you ignorant of how it will effect you later on down the road

Oh yeah. We should all believe USMBcon anecdotal stories. Totally credible. :eusa_naughty:

But the rich do neither of those.

Ok, we get it. You're better because you cook and for some reason announce to the internet you don't eat fast food. Hope you have some Advil for when you pull a muscle patting yourself on the back.

And there is an extremely important reason for paying attention to fast food wages. Because it's a marker for how the economy is going and where it's going. Fast food since it's inception has been for kids to earn some extra money and be introduced into the work place, and for older people to have something to keep themselves busy. It's never been to earn a living wage. That's why it's fast and cheap.

When you jack up the wages of a group of highly unskilled workers like fast food you set off a chain reaction. Soon other unskilled people want that same money. Why work a register at a gas station for 12 bucks an hour when you can run a fry machine for 20? How would someone that does skilled labor for 24 dollars and hour be happy when they don't make much more than someone putting ketchup in a bag?

When you start raising wages of unskilled labor eventually skilled labor wages go up also which results in higher prices across the board for consumers.

It also means more layoffs and cutbacks and cheaper quality products at as companies try to cut costs.

Your self congratulatory apathy makes me you ignorant of how it will effect you later on down the road
I'm not a proponent for raising the minimum wage. Every person should bargain for compensation. It's like buying a vehicle. Offer, counter offer, offer, counter offer. If the two sides can't agree then that's OK because of the excess of labor out there. Eventually some worker with a lesser work ethic will take the job for less. Then everyone wins. Heck the guy painting my basement is making $60 per hour just in labor. I say good for him. That's his rate.

Forum List

Back