Fantasizing about economics promoting peace after a two-state implementation.

CitizenPained

Dissident-Jude
Jul 10, 2011
Denver
Let's assume the crazy happens and we have two states and two leaders that are willing to put forth a serious plan.

Using the democracy-and-prosperity-cuts-down-on-warfare model, let's wave our Magic Peace Wands and theorize what some good economics would be here.

Ideas? Mine are:
  1. A better-developed trade system...that goes without saying. Free ag. trade.
  2. Israeli technology in the WB and Gaza to help with farming and infrastructure. This will also help Israeli companies if they get contracts.
  3. A joint Israeli-Palestinian Tourism Commission. Tens of millions are spent in the Muslim, Jewish and Christian holy site areas. I think the whole land would be a mecca for tourism (hello, Jerusalem AND the beach?! or have you seen how gorgeous Gaza is?) if they could get their shit together. Israel would still control shit within Israel proper (and the Muslims will have to loosen control over the Dome) and Palestinians will still control shit in their territories. Give the Christians more autonomy over Bethlehem and Nazarene churches. They are really suffering from lack of funds/tourism since the first intifada. But seriously, I think that cooperation is the best.
  4. And hey, McDonald's should expand. I know that McNomics doesn't always work (eg the theory that countries with McDonald's don't go to war with each other) but those sugar dusted fries are really yummy after a hard day's work.

Of course this doesn't solve decades of animosity, lack of education, falling literacy rates in the WB, etc., but let's just pretend it will help.

Last edited:
The two state solution has been on the table since 1937 and every year we get farther away from a solution.

I don't see it happening.

let's wave our Magic Peace Wands

indeed.....and may i suggest it be done vigorously in the large intestines of fascism cloaking itself in democracy for starters....

If Palestinians and Israeli could work in harmony, Isreal/Palestine would be a formitable economic and geopolitical nation.

Sadly, that doesn't appear to be likely.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTHBOhV7RgM]YouTube - ‪Palestine - Alan Hart with Ghada Karmi (part 1)‬‏[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEbUaxbCnnE&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Palestine - Alan hart with Ghada Karim (part 2)‬‏[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDdPsYjs3jk&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Palestine - Alan hart with Ghada Karmi (part 3)‬‏[/ame]

Abbas said that for negogiations to get started again, Israel must stop construction in the territories. I don't think this is an unreasonable demand. Netanyahu is insincere, but this is justified. When Israel withdrew from Gaza, Lebanon and parts of the West Bank, what they got in return was rockets and increased terror. So Israel doesn't trust the Palestinians, and now they are playing games. And people like Mr. Tinmore still dream of Israel's destuction, so why should Israel be sincere now? It's better to play games and be strong, than get sincere and be dead.

Abbas said that for negogiations to get started again, Israel must stop construction in the territories. I don't think this is an unreasonable demand. Netanyahu is insincere, but this is justified. When Israel withdrew from Gaza, Lebanon and parts of the West Bank, what they got in return was rockets and increased terror. So Israel doesn't trust the Palestinians, and now they are playing games. And people like Mr. Tinmore still dream of Israel's destuction, so why should Israel be sincere now? It's better to play games and be strong, than get sincere and be dead.

Israel believes that i they throw the Palestinian a few bones everyone should be happy.

This was supposed to be about POST PEACE implementation. Damn it! :tank:

It's too bad you people insist on ethnic segregation instead of promoting a single state solution that benefits everyone despite their race... you know... kinda like what we enjoy here in the USA.

Imagine THAT prosperity.

It's too bad you people insist on ethnic segregation instead of promoting a single state solution that benefits everyone despite their race... you know... kinda like what we enjoy here in the USA.

Imagine THAT prosperity.

^^ "you people" says it all.

Forum List

Back