Falling off motercycles.

Brake going in, throttle through if you must
If by "going in" you mean the approach while the bike is still standing upright, yeah, that's what you're supposed to do. Once you're in the lean: front brake means low-side and rear brake means the unGodly high-side crash. Leaning harder and accelerating will get you though every 'too hot' situation that you may find yourself in. It's always worked for me.

Awhile back I relayed an incedent I had where I applied my front break and my bike went down. Larsky responded in a way that inspired me to really examine why I made my bike to down. I left it at the the possibility that Larsky rides a fairly modern bike with ABS and that's why he can get away with just using front break. So yesterday I was riding with a guy from work and his girlfriend. She wanted to practice some. Itnwas raining pretty good yesterday, just a crappy day. It started raining really bad so we headed to our homes. Now, as we headed out we were on a side road that heads into a main road, there is a signal light, and a left turn and you are on the main road. She was moving pretty good, maybe 25 30 mph. She began to slow us to, then right before she made the turn, she just falls right over to the left. Her bike is a 2000 sportster. Pretty plane Jane bike, but real nice. So I figure this is either heavy use of front break, or maybe trying to down shift in the turn? I tried looking for a YouTube for some possibilities, what I noticed is that people who rode big bikes seem to go down the same way. Low speed and almost always in a turn. Is this improper breaking, or improper shifting?
It's improper breaking.

If by "going in" you mean the approach while the bike is still standing upright, yeah, that's what you're supposed to do. Once you're in the lean: front brake means low-side and rear brake means the unGodly high-side crash. Leaning harder and accelerating will get you though every 'too hot' situation that you may find yourself in. It's always worked for me.
I concur. Laying off in the apex will result in a clinched sphincter.

Forum List

Back