Facts About Judaism

I'm not Jewish.

Obviously.

Which is why people find it odd that you hold yourself up as an expert on things Jewish.

Stranger still, that you seem so concerned with a people who dont concern you.
Your eternity concerns me. Just as my eternity should concern you...

It shouldn't and it doesn't.

According to the Old Testament book of Jonah, it should and it does!
Jonah 3 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
1 And there is a word of Jehovah unto Jonah a second time, saying,

2 `Rise, go unto Nineveh, the great city, and proclaim unto it the proclamation that I am speaking unto thee;'

3 and Jonah riseth, and he goeth unto Nineveh, according to the word of Jehovah. And Nineveh hath been a great city before God, a journey of three days.

4 And Jonah beginneth to go in to the city a journey of one day, and proclaimeth, and saith, `Yet forty days -- and Nineveh is overturned.'

5 And the men of Nineveh believe in God, and proclaim a fast, and put on sackcloth, from their greatest even unto their least,

6 seeing the word doth come unto the king of Nineveh, and he riseth from his throne, and removeth his honourable robe from off him, and spreadeth out sackcloth, and sitteth on the ashes,

7 and he crieth and saith in Nineveh by a decree of the king and his great ones, saying, `Man and beast, herd and flock -- let them not taste anything, let them not feed, even water let them not drink;

8 and cover themselves [with] sackcloth let man and beast, and let them call unto God mightily, and let them turn back each from his evil way, and from the violence that [is] in their hands.

9 Who knoweth? He doth turn back, and God hath repented, and hath turned back from the heat of His anger, and we do not perish.'

10 And God seeth their works, that they have turned back from their evil way, and God repenteth of the evil that He spake of doing to them, and he hath not done [it].

Jonah 4
1 And it is grievous unto Jonah -- a great evil -- and he is displeased at it;

2 and he prayeth unto Jehovah, and he saith, `I pray Thee, O Jehovah, is not this my word while I was in mine own land -- therefore I was beforehand to flee to Tarshish -- that I have known that Thou [art] a God, gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and abundant in kindness, and repenting of evil?

3 And now, O Jehovah, take, I pray Thee, my soul from me, for better [is] my death than my life.'

4 And Jehovah saith, `Is doing good displeasing to thee?'

5 And Jonah goeth forth from the city, and sitteth on the east of the city, and maketh to himself there a booth, and sitteth under it in the shade, till that he seeth what is in the city.

6 And Jehovah God appointeth a gourd, and causeth it to come up over Jonah, to be a shade over his head, to give deliverance to him from his affliction, and Jonah rejoiceth because of the gourd [with] great joy.

7 And God appointeth a worm at the going up of the dawn on the morrow, and it smiteth the gourd, and it drieth up.

8 And it cometh to pass, about the rising of the sun, that God appointeth a cutting east wind, and the sun smiteth on the head of Jonah, and he wrappeth himself up, and asketh his soul to die, and saith, `Better [is] my death than my life.'

9 And God saith unto Jonah: `Is doing good displeasing to thee, because of the gourd?' and he saith, `To do good is displeasing to me -- unto death.'

10 And Jehovah saith, `Thou hast had pity on the gourd, for which thou didst not labour, neither didst thou nourish it, which a son of a night was, and a son of a night perished,

11 and I -- have not I pity on Nineveh, the great city, in which there are more than twelve myriads of human beings, who have not known between their right hand and their left -- and much cattle!'

Last edited:
I'm not Jewish.

Obviously.

Which is why people find it odd that you hold yourself up as an expert on things Jewish.

2 `Rise, go unto Nineveh, the great city, and proclaim unto it the proclamation that I am speaking unto thee;'

3 and Jonah riseth, and he goeth unto Nineveh, according to the word of Jehovah. And Nineveh hath been a great city before God, a journey of three days.

4 And Jonah beginneth to go in to the city a journey of one day, and proclaimeth, and saith, `Yet forty days -- and Nineveh is overturned.'

5 And the men of Nineveh believe in God, and proclaim a fast, and put on sackcloth, from their greatest even unto their least,

6 seeing the word doth come unto the king of Nineveh, and he riseth from his throne, and removeth his honourable robe from off him, and spreadeth out sackcloth, and sitteth on the ashes,

7 and he crieth and saith in Nineveh by a decree of the king and his great ones, saying, `Man and beast, herd and flock -- let them not taste anything, let them not feed, even water let them not drink;

8 and cover themselves [with] sackcloth let man and beast, and let them call unto God mightily, and let them turn back each from his evil way, and from the violence that [is] in their hands.

9 Who knoweth? He doth turn back, and God hath repented, and hath turned back from the heat of His anger, and we do not perish.'

10 And God seeth their works, that they have turned back from their evil way, and God repenteth of the evil that He spake of doing to them, and he hath not done [it].

2 and he prayeth unto Jehovah, and he saith, `I pray Thee, O Jehovah, is not this my word while I was in mine own land -- therefore I was beforehand to flee to Tarshish -- that I have known that Thou [art] a God, gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and abundant in kindness, and repenting of evil?

3 And now, O Jehovah, take, I pray Thee, my soul from me, for better [is] my death than my life.'

5 And Jonah goeth forth from the city, and sitteth on the east of the city, and maketh to himself there a booth, and sitteth under it in the shade, till that he seeth what is in the city.

6 And Jehovah God appointeth a gourd, and causeth it to come up over Jonah, to be a shade over his head, to give deliverance to him from his affliction, and Jonah rejoiceth because of the gourd [with] great joy.

7 And God appointeth a worm at the going up of the dawn on the morrow, and it smiteth the gourd, and it drieth up.

8 And it cometh to pass, about the rising of the sun, that God appointeth a cutting east wind, and the sun smiteth on the head of Jonah, and he wrappeth himself up, and asketh his soul to die, and saith, `Better [is] my death than my life.'

9 And God saith unto Jonah: `Is doing good displeasing to thee, because of the gourd?' and he saith, `To do good is displeasing to me -- unto death.'

10 And Jehovah saith, `Thou hast had pity on the gourd, for which thou didst not labour, neither didst thou nourish it, which a son of a night was, and a son of a night perished,

11 and I -- have not I pity on Nineveh, the great city, in which there are more than twelve myriads of human beings, who have not known between their right hand and their left -- and much cattle!'

tl;dr

Muslim Asks Rabbi Tovia Singer Shocking Question: Why Don’t Christians Thank Jews for Killing Jesus?

Muslim caller stuns Rabbi Tovia Singer with an incisive question: Why did the Church, including the Fathers and Reformers, uniformly condemn the Jews for committing the horrendous crime of killing Christ if the death of Jesus atoned for the sins of mankind?
Rabbi Singer explains in detail.

This rabbi doesn't get it that JESUS wasn't/isn't a mere "secretary" or a mere created being. Jesus is GOD assuming the place of a sacrifice to redeem ALL sinful men. GOD pays the penalty HIMSELF. All the apostles were Jewish. Mary and Joseph were Jewish. Most if not all the writers of the New Testament were Jews. The Old Testament demonstrates over and over that the descendants of Abraham again --- over and over --- turned from the LORD and went astray, and so is it any less explicit than that which is discovered in the "NEW". ANYONE who places the blame on JEWS for the death of CHRIST simply doesn't understand that WE placed CHRIST upon the cross. WE are not in a place to hate anyone else. Unfortunately, not everyone who calls himself a Christian is, and not every "church" is of Christ. By their works we shall know them. It must be understood that not every Christian is linked to ROMAN CATHOLICISM and all it's practices. Yet,it also must be understood that no one is perfect before GOD including both practicing Christians and Jews... It is only through faith in CHRIST's sacrifice that anyone is found righteous.
The Orthodox Jews must understand some of this in part or they wouldn't be working towards rebuilding the Temple at Jerusalem and restarting animal sacrifices. They reject the Messiah/Christ yet they do see the need for blood atonement. So sorry, but I see that this rabbi is a philosopher but doesn't understand fully either the OLD or NEW Testament and regards himself merely a victim.

Last edited:
I'm not Jewish.

Obviously.

tl;dr
I'm sure you are out and about and have plenty of shopping to do.

Last edited:
Most if not all the writers of the New Testament were Jews.

No, they were xtians.
Joseph and Mary took the infant Jesus to the temple. They also lost Him there at age 12 during Passover. That sounds rather Jewish to me. Both Joseph and Mary were direct descendants of King David. I can't image Hitler would have allowed even them to get away with that...

The writers of the 'new testament' were all Greek-speaking xtians who lived a century after Jesus and his folks allegedly lived.

No, they were xtians.
Joseph and Mary took the infant Jesus to the temple. They also lost Him there at age 12 during Passover. That sounds rather Jewish to me. Both Joseph and Mary were direct descendants of King David. I can't image Hitler would have allowed even them to get away with that...

The writers of the 'new testament' were all Greek-speaking xtians who lived a century after Jesus and his folks allegedly lived.
Sorry, but for instance the book of James was written by James the stepbrother of Jesus (who was actually begotten by Joseph the husband of Mary with Mary). The Book of Revelation the last book of the New Testament was written about 95 AD (not a century later) by John the Beloved Apostle of Jesus. Yes, Many Jews then knew Greek and also Aramaic. Saul of Tarsish was certainly a formidable Jewish prosecutor of the new converts and yet he saw a Vision of the Messiah an became a convert and teacher himself as Paul. He didn't live a century after Jesus.

No, they were xtians.

Sorry, but for instance the book of James was written by James the stepbrother of Jesus (who was actually begotten by Joseph the husband of Mary with Mary). The Book of Revelation the last book of the New Testament was written about 95 AD (not a century later) by John the Beloved Apostle of Jesus. Yes, Many Jews then knew Greek and also Aramaic. Saul of Tarsish was certainly a formidable Jewish prosecutor of the new converts and yet he saw a Vision of the Messiah an became a convert and teacher himself as Paul. He didn't live a century after Jesus.

You're arguing with hard core racists, as most modern orthodox Jews influenced by the 'rabbinical tradition' are; they're followers of the post-exilic Persian Jews who worshipped the Persian kings who supported their return and domination of Jews who remained in the regions after the Babylonian conquests, and set themselves up as 'special' Jews and 'demoted' all those 'unclean'Jews. The implemented a raft of 'racial purity' laws and made a lot of offices inheritable only by a few families, many of them faking their own 'genealogies' and excluding those 'outsiders' they didn't like, especially Samaritans and other 'blemished' Jews. They gradually became arrogant and self-isolating, alienating pretty much the majority of Jews, via the rise of cults like the Sadducee, Pharisees, Essenes, etc., schools like Hillel's and others, etc., etc. and the rise of the 'rabbinical' cults. Small wonder Christianity spread so fast and wide in such a short period of time; the early Christians preached in synagogues and Temples early on, before becoming targets for murder and genocides by the rabbi cults.

The history from the 'Return' to the Christian Era is pretty clear on their degeneracy and decline and why the Jewish 'Establishment' became totally irrelevant to the point the Second Temple ended up getting destroyed as a result of their racial superiority fantasies and Christianity carried on the Mosaic convenants as originally intended, becoming 'the Light Unto The World' the Mosaic Judaism was supposed to aim for, while the racist sects whined and devoted themselves to murdering Xians for the next 1,700 years or so, at first on their own and via Persians and Romans, then after the Muslim conquests they enthusiastically helped Islam spread into Europe and India both. This is why they snivel when anybody points out Christians are a Jewish sect; the Evil Xians don't give lots of money to racist Temples and Synagogues, and they also have the temerity to not regard the modern Orthodox Jews as their superiors in theology. It's the Evul Xian sect that also makes modern Israel a reality, another annoying fact they have to live with, and even more infuriating it's those Evul Evangelicals who are their primary support to boot. Horrible times for many of the Orthodox and Ultra-Orthodox, horrible, I tell ya. Secular Jews are a little brighter, and they're still a majority, not to say they don't also harbor a lot of racial prejudices themselves, but it isn't dependent on religious deviancies like the Orthodox suffer from.

Last edited:

No, they were xtians.

They were oral traditions before they were written down; they're trying to be clever when babbling about dates re being 'written down', which means nothing when it comes to when they were preached and taught. And there or no anachronisms, which is why they can't use textual analysis to refute the early dates, since everything in the NT is indeed from the years attributed to in the texts, i.e. all before the fall of the Temple in 70 A.D. Most Jews didn't even know Hebrew by the time Christianity came along, so that argument re 'Greek' is merely stupid stuff only the uneducated would repeat. We know for a fact the writers were intimately familiar with Judaism, and with Jerusalem, and much of the ME and were contemporary writings with the times. Even more hilarious are the fools who repeatedly try and claim Constantine rewrote a bunch of stuff hundreds of years later; these are the Truly Stupid, and probably should have that tattooed on their foreheads to give warnings to the unsuspecting, since many of them could pass for normal looking in public, for short periods anyway.

No, they were xtians.

What do you mean, “rather Jewish“?

Muslim Asks Rabbi Tovia Singer Shocking Question: Why Don’t Christians Thank Jews for Killing Jesus?

Muslim caller stuns Rabbi Tovia Singer with an incisive question: Why did the Church, including the Fathers and Reformers, uniformly condemn the Jews for committing the horrendous crime of killing Christ if the death of Jesus atoned for the sins of mankind?
Rabbi Singer explains in detail.

This rabbi doesn't get it that JESUS wasn't/isn't a mere "secretary" or a mere created being. Jesus is GOD assuming the place of a sacrifice to redeem ALL sinful men. GOD pays the penalty HIMSELF. All the apostles were Jewish. Mary and Joseph were Jewish. Most if not all the writers of the New Testament were Jews. The Old Testament demonstrates over and over that the descendants of Abraham again --- over and over --- turned from the LORD and went astray, and so is it any less explicit than that which is discovered in the "NEW". ANYONE who places the blame on JEWS for the death of CHRIST simply doesn't understand that WE placed CHRIST upon the cross. WE are not in a place to hate anyone else. Unfortunately, not everyone who calls himself a Christian is, and not every "church" is of Christ. By their works we shall know them. It must be understood that not every Christian is linked to ROMAN CATHOLICISM and all it's practices. Yet,it also must be understood that no one is perfect before GOD including both practicing Christians and Jews... It is only through faith in CHRIST's sacrifice that anyone is found righteous.
The Orthodox Jews must understand some of this in part or they wouldn't be working towards rebuilding the Temple at Jerusalem and restarting animal sacrifices. They reject the Messiah/Christ yet they do see the need for blood atonement. So sorry, but I see that this rabbi is a philosopher but doesn't understand fully either the OLD or NEW Testament and regards himself merely a victim.

Yes, I know Christians believe that a man can be G-d.
That, not that the Rabbi doesn't "get it", he knows Christianity more than most Christians.
Rather he explain why this sounds banally idol worship, and the Jewish perspective on such.

But frankly, it's strange that this even has to be explained.
However shows the great contrast between the Christian focus on belief,
and the Jewish focus of knowledge and action as central to serving G-d's intent

The commandment is not to believe but to know.
Jews know man cannot be G-d because G-d said so Himself:

"God is not a man that He should lie, nor is He a mortal that He should relent. Would He say and not do, speak and not fulfill?"

Was Paul a Rabbi, an Ignoramus, or a Charlatan?

It would be easy to argue that Paul was the most important convert to Christianity. The writings ascribed to him by the Church form a considerable portion of the Christian canon, of whose twenty-seven books, thirteen are attributed to Paul. The influence of his epistles on Christian thinking cannot be overstated. Although Paul said almost nothing about what Jesus did or said during his lifetime because the two of them never met, he forged some of Christendom’s most enduring theological doctrines. What does Paul’s exegesis of the Jewish Scriptures reveal about his grasp of the Hebrew Bible?

Rabbi Tovia Singer demonstrates that Paul’s striking and blatant misquotes of the Jewish Scriptures illustrates that this self-styled “Pharisee of Pharisees” could not possibly have been a student of the esteemed Rabbi Gamliel.

No, they were xtians.

They were oral traditions before they were written down; they're trying to be clever when babbling about dates re being 'written down', which means nothing when it comes to when they were preached and taught. And there or no anachronisms, which is why they can't use textual analysis to refute the early dates, since everything in the NT is indeed from the years attributed to in the texts, i.e. all before the fall of the Temple in 70 A.D. Most Jews didn't even know Hebrew by the time Christianity came along, so that argument re 'Greek' is merely stupid stuff only the uneducated would repeat. We know for a fact the writers were intimately familiar with Judaism, and with Jerusalem, and much of the ME and were contemporary writings with the times. Even more hilarious are the fools who repeatedly try and claim Constantine rewrote a bunch of stuff hundreds of years later; these are the Truly Stupid, and probably should have that tattooed on their foreheads to give warnings to the unsuspecting, since many of them could pass for normal looking in public, for short periods anyway.
They were oral traditions before they were written down; they're trying to be clever when babbling about dates re being 'written down', which means nothing when it comes to when they were preached and taught.
oral traditions - "before they were written down" - what does that mean picaro, - - was it your daddy.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

go run away again ...

* the spoken religion of antiquity remains the same from back then to today and for all eternity.

No, they were xtians.

And there or no anachronisms, which is why they can't use textual analysis to refute the early dates, since everything in the NT is indeed from the years attributed to in the texts, i.e. all before the fall of the Temple in 70 A.D.
Mark 16:16 - He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

sico - - howabout the south american aztec's in the 1st century ...

No, they were xtians.

I'm saying politely that it sound totally and undeniably Jewish. There is no getting around it.

No, they were xtians.

I'm saying politely that it sound totally and undeniably Jewish. There is no getting around it.

Jewish?

No, they were xtians.

You're arguing with hard core racists, as most modern orthodox Jews influenced by the 'rabbinical tradition' are; they're followers of the post-exilic Persian Jews who worshipped the Persian kings who supported their return and domination of Jews who remained in the regions after the Babylonian conquests, and set themselves up as 'special' Jews and 'demoted' all those 'unclean'Jews. The implemented a raft of 'racial purity' laws and made a lot of offices inheritable only by a few families, many of them faking their own 'genealogies' and excluding those 'outsiders' they didn't like, especially Samaritans and other 'blemished' Jews. They gradually became arrogant and self-isolating, alienating pretty much the majority of Jews, via the rise of cults like the Sadducee, Pharisees, Essenes, etc., schools like Hillel's and others, etc., etc. and the rise of the 'rabbinical' cults. Small wonder Christianity spread so fast and wide in such a short period of time; the early Christians preached in synagogues and Temples early on, before becoming targets for murder and genocides by the rabbi cults.

The history from the 'Return' to the Christian Era is pretty clear on their degeneracy and decline and why the Jewish 'Establishment' became totally irrelevant to the point the Second Temple ended up getting destroyed as a result of their racial superiority fantasies and Christianity carried on the Mosaic convenants as originally intended, becoming 'the Light Unto The World' the Mosaic Judaism was supposed to aim for, while the racist sects whined and devoted themselves to murdering Xians for the next 1,700 years or so, at first on their own and via Persians and Romans, then after the Muslim conquests they enthusiastically helped Islam spread into Europe and India both. This is why they snivel when anybody points out Christians are a Jewish sect; the Evil Xians don't give lots of money to racist Temples and Synagogues, and they also have the temerity to not regard the modern Orthodox Jews as their superiors in theology. It's the Evul Xian sect that also makes modern Israel a reality, another annoying fact they have to live with, and even more infuriating it's those Evul Evangelicals who are their primary support to boot. Horrible times for many of the Orthodox and Ultra-Orthodox, horrible, I tell ya. Secular Jews are a little brighter, and they're still a majority, not to say they don't also harbor a lot of racial prejudices themselves, but it isn't dependent on religious deviancies like the Orthodox suffer from.
All have sinned and come short of the glory of GOD. The Jews were looking for a king or leader who would throw out the Romans. I get it. Jesus the Messiah was not what was expected, and they (the Jewish leadership) for the most part didn't expect to lose their power but to be part of the whole affair. What happen was prophesied in God's Word. What will happen is revealed in God's Word. An honest individual must be willing to sit down and study the entire Bible from cover to cover --- both the Old and New Testament without personal agenda.

No, they were xtians.

Jewish?
ABSOLUTELY!

Luke 2:22-40 Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
22 And when the days of their purification were fulfilled, according to the law of Moses, they brought him up to Jerusalem, to present to the Lord,

23 as it hath been written in the Law of the Lord, -- `Every male opening a womb shall be called holy to the Lord,'

24 and to give a sacrifice, according to that said in the Law of the Lord, `A pair of turtle-doves, or two young pigeons.'

25 And lo, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name [is] Simeon, and this man is righteous and devout, looking for the comforting of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was upon him,

26 and it hath been divinely told him by the Holy Spirit -- not to see death before he may see the Christ of the Lord.

27 And he came in the Spirit to the temple, and in the parents bringing in the child Jesus, for their doing according to the custom of the law regarding him,

28 then he took him in his arms, and blessed God, and he said,

29 `Now Thou dost send away Thy servant, Lord, according to Thy word, in peace,

30 because mine eyes did see Thy salvation,

31 which Thou didst prepare before the face of all the peoples,

32 a light to the uncovering of nations, and the glory of Thy people Israel.'

33 And Joseph and his mother were wondering at the things spoken concerning him,

34 and Simeon blessed them, and said unto Mary his mother, `Lo, this [one] is set for the falling and rising again of many in Israel, and for a sign spoken against --

35 (and also thine own soul shall a sword pass through) -- that the reasonings of many hearts may be revealed.'

36 And there was Anna, a prophetess, daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher, she was much advanced in days, having lived with an husband seven years from her virginity,

37 and she [is] a widow of about eighty-four years, who did depart not from the temple, with fasts and supplications serving, night and day,

38 and she, at that hour, having come in, was confessing, likewise, to the Lord, and was speaking concerning him, to all those looking for redemption in Jerusalem.

39 And when they finished all things, according to the Law of the Lord, they turned back to Galilee, to their city Nazareth;

40 and the child grew and was strengthened in spirit, being filled with wisdom, and the grace of God was upon him.

Forum List

Back