Fact Checking Fact Checkers

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Ministry of Truth is more like it.

Here’s an easy test to see whether fact-checking websites can make any claim to be “independent” and nonpartisan in tone. Biden staffers claimed Republicans “defunded the police.” That’s a bald-faced lie.
……

Fact-checking sites that are still dogged Trump critics somehow skipped over this one. AP Fact Check was AWOL. CNN’s Daniel Dale and his team couldn’t locate this one. Snopes.com spent time on scintillating articles like “Is This a Reindeer with Glow-in-the-Dark Antlers?” and “Is This 3D Cat Really Just a Flat Billboard?”

PolitiFact has given a free pass to Jen Psaki. She doesn’t even have a page on PolitiFact. There are no fact checks, almost six months into Biden’s term. There’s also no page for Cedric Richmond, who served ten years in the House before advising Biden.

However, try the search term “defund police” in the PolitiFact search engine, you get a pile of articles rushing to the defense of various Democrats. Joe Biden and Kamala Harris didn't favor defunding the police. The same goes for Mark Kelly and Mark Warner. You can easily sense how selective and defensive PolitiFact looks overall.

Yes republicans defunded the police. Republicans voted no to 350 billion to hire more police and train them.
---------------------------------------------

Wallace said: “No, no, sir, respectfully – wait, sir, respectfully … I’m asking you, there’s $350bn in this package the president says can be used for policing …

“Congressman Banks, let me finish, and I promise I will give you a chance to answer. The president is saying cities and states can use this money to hire more police officers, invest in new technologies and develop summer job training and recreation programs for young people. Respectfully, I’ve heard your point about the last year, but you and every other Republican voted against this $350bn.”

“A couple making $200,000 and paying $15,000 in property taxes got banged up a bit,” said Rosenthal of CohnReznick. “We see a lot of middle-class and upper-class people in their mid-50s starting to think about retiring to Florida, Texas or Wyoming.”
------------------------------------
it was a political move.

Yes republicans defunded the police. Republicans voted no to 350 billion to hire more police and train them.

Wallace said: “No, no, sir, respectfully – wait, sir, respectfully … I’m asking you, there’s $350bn in this package the president says can be used for policing …

“Congressman Banks, let me finish, and I promise I will give you a chance to answer. The president is saying cities and states can use this money to hire more police officers, invest in new technologies and develop summer job training and recreation programs for young people. Respectfully, I’ve heard your point about the last year, but you and every other Republican voted against this $350bn.”

Yeah, that $3 trillion in pork attached to it had nothing to do with it.

Yeah, that $3 trillion in pork attached to it had nothing to do with it.
So what's wrong with that:

"It means more police officers, more nurses, more counsellors, more social workers or community violence interrupters to help resolve issues before they escalate into crimes," the president said.

Last edited:

"It means more police officers, more nurses, more counsellors, more social workers or community violence interrupters to help resolve issues before they escalate into crimes," the president said.
Wow, my mom and dad did all of this back in the day. It takes a lot of resources to do what parents used to be responsible for.

What’s wrong with you defund the police Leftards not attaching huge pork piles to every bill?

Forum List

Back