Facebook Bans Trucker Convoy Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not a Monkeys Uncle

Diamond Member
Jan 25, 2022
Facebook has spent all week banning groups related to the peaceful Canadian Trucker Convoy as well as any groups working to organize the American Convoy. It's interesting that Facebook would ban these groups and yet did nothing to ban the Black Lives Matter groups that organized to burn down our cities a few years ago.

In light of these bannings the truckers have set up groups on Gab to communicate with the world during their protest.

You can click here to find the American Freedom Convoy group on Gab.

You can follow the offical Trucker Convoy account here.

Finally you can join the Canadian Trucker Convoy group here which has coverage from people on the ground.

People are quickly learning that Gab is the only place they can find information about this peaceful protest and real time updates from those who are attending it.

OP original content: GAB is way way better than Facebook. I use it and enjoy it.

• Banned
Trucker Convoy 2022

Canadian Truckers Convoy​

https://gab.com/groups/59218

Facebook has spent all week banning groups related to the peaceful Canadian Trucker Convoy as well as any groups working to organize the American Convoy. It's interesting that Facebook would ban these groups and yet did nothing to ban the Black Lives Matter groups that organized to burn down our cities a few years ago.

In light of these bannings the truckers have set up groups on Gab to communicate with the world during their protest.

Finally you can join the Canadian Trucker Convoy group here which has coverage from people on the ground.

People are quickly learning that Gab is the only place they can find information about this peaceful protest and real time updates from those who are attending it.

OP original content: GAB is way way better than Facebook. I use it and enjoy it.

What reason did Facebook give, if any? What part of the ToS did those groups break?

Right wingers confuse me. Sometimes a private company can do anything it wants to, like a bakery and a gay cake. Other times...

• Thanks
Reactions: BWK

Facebook is retard commie bullshit

Right wingers confuse me. Sometimes a private company can do anything it wants to, like a bakery and a gay cake. Other times...

It's a difference between an essential service and a non-essential service, between a single exception and massive removal of part of the political spectrum from a supposedly open forum.

Facebook claims to be content neutral and an open forum, the bakers in question detailed what they would and would not do.

What about Telegram? I personally don't find it user friendly, do you think Gab is moreso?

It's a difference between an essential service and a non-essential service, between a single exception and massive removal of part of the political spectrum from a supposedly open forum.

Facebook claims to be content neutral and an open forum, the bakers in question detailed what they would and would not do.

The concept of freedom is not within the grasp of these Stalinists.

Face book is not an essential service.

Private companies can't act at the behest of gubmint, to do that which gubmint itself is prohibited from doing, Sock-o.

It's known legally as "prior restraint".

Any other foolish questions that you probably already know the answer to?

Face book is not an essential service.

Social media in general is, it's become a medium of exchange, and the top 2-3 sites have a virtual monopoly.

If some people only get their news through social media, and say Trump is running in 2024, how is banning him and only allowing his opponents on your site not endorsing said opponents?

Private companies can't act at the behest of gubmint, to do that which gubmint itself is prohibited from doing, Sock-o.

It's known legally as "prior restraint".

Any other foolish questions that you probably already know the answer to?
Well, I can barely read the babble, but are you saying the government is telling Facebook who to ban?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back