Facebook Advertisers - Something Hinky?

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
Those of you who spend time on Facebook may have noticed, as I did, that a few months ago they started running a lot more advertisements on the feed. I personally don't mind it because even if it is stuff that I don't want, some of the products are interesting to review.

During this time I have ordered three different items from the FB advertisers: Two woodworking tools (under $25 each), and a gadget to re-seal plastic bags.

I got order acknowledgements for all of them, and notices that they had shipped. I haven't received any of them. I suppose all three of them originated overseas. One of the traces indicated that the package arrived at a USPS facility in Nashville more than a month ago. Nothing more.

Is it possible that these are completely bogus offers? I certainly won't be ordering anything else until I get this stuff.

DGS-well it doesn't sound good with that notice about being in TN a month ago, but the mail is running slower this year compared to last year, at least in my state. I've been noticing the stamp date on envelopes and even local mail is running slower due to Christmas overload. Hopefully, if you have a tracking number as you mentioned a trace for a particular item, you have more control about finding it. Good luck!

Yep, mail and online orders/shipments are running very slow because more people than ever have done more online shopping because of the flu. Wait another week, then start contacting the retailer and the post office

Maybe it is USPS, but my Amazon stuff is still coming amazingly fast. Not all by Christmas, it appears, but fast.

Yeah, I noticed a huge uptick of ads in my feed. I permanently block them all.

USPS first class on-time delivery this year is 75% compared to 95% last year.

It takes a lot out of the delivery rate times to throw away millions of ballots. The whole system is backed up.

Any packages sent USPS are a crapshoot...I had one package sent from eastern Maryland to New Hampshire. It went from there, to...North Carolina. That was the last update, as of 5 days ago. Another went from Lubbock Texas, to Dallas, then 4 days later (I assume it spend those 4 days in a semi trailer) to Springfield, Massachusetts. It arrived there one week ago, and tracking hasn't been updated since.

I've had domestic packages come in reasonable times, but these packages originating in China (I believe), not yet.

New Topics

Forum List

Back