Eyjafjallajokull

Would you care to explain to me what the difference between man made CO2 and natural CO2 is? According to the USGS Kilauea alone is producing 3,650,000 tons of CO2 per year.
That is ONE volcano. And it has been doing it for 27 years. In addition it is producing 1,460,000 tons of SO2 which as a greenhouse gas is roughly 21 times more efficient than CO2. Then of course there is the water vapor being produced at the rate of 4000 gallons a minute.

Here is a little science lesson for you. Imagine a kilometer of atmosphere. The first 770 meters of that are made up of the inert gas Nitrogen. The second 210 meters are oxygen.
That adds up to 980 meters the last time I checked. The next 20 meters is the are that concerns us. It breaks down to the first 10 meters is water vapor, the next 9 meters is argon, the last 36 centimeters are CO2 and of that man only contributes 14 millimeters.

One other thing you should take into account is the simple fact that in CO2 concentrations less than 200ppm no plants grow. That's right bunky, drop the CO2 level down to the level that the AGW crowd wants and you get to starve! Why do you think farmers are allways adding carbon to their crops...to help them grow!

Don't believe a word I said but go out and ask a farmer why don't you! Try Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. They have an excellent Ag Department there.

Boy you must live under a rock. Currently the estimates for the eruption are between 150,000 to 300,000 tons per day which on a volcanic scale is pretty minor. It is however the equivalent of the total output of CO2 for an average sized European country for that same day. A really large eruption (as has been going on in Hawaii ( Kīlauea)for the last 27 years) has pumped more CO2 and NO2 and H2S into the atmosphere than all of mans pollution for all of mans history.

At least get a basic level of knowledge before you spout your drivel.

the eruption is spewing carbon ash into the air which mean more Global Warming, right?
------------------------------

Wrong, the ash is mostly silica. CO2 is vented, but its action is blunted by SO2 and the ash itself, which partially block light. As for the amount vented, it's trivial compared to the 60 million tons of CO2 emitted DAILY by man.

Really, now Westwall. A scientist? And you make a statement like that concerning the comparison of anthropogenic CO2 versus volcanic CO2?

Here is what real scientists of the USGS state concerning volcanic and anthropogenic CO2;

Volcanic Gases and Their Effects

Comparison of CO2 emissions from volcanoes vs. human activities.
Scientists have calculated that volcanoes emit between about 130-230 million tonnes (145-255 million tons) of CO2 into the atmosphere every year (Gerlach, 1991). This estimate includes both subaerial and submarine volcanoes, about in equal amounts. Emissions of CO2 by human activities, including fossil fuel burning, cement production, and gas flaring, amount to about 27 billion tonnes per year (30 billion tons) [ ( Marland, et al., 2006) - The reference gives the amount of released carbon (C), rather than CO2, through 2003.]. Human activities release more than 130 times the amount of CO2 emitted by volcanoes--the equivalent of more than 8,000 additional volcanoes like Kilauea (Kilauea emits about 3.3 million tonnes/year)! (Gerlach et. al., 2002)

Would you care to explain to me what the difference between man made CO2 and natural CO2 is? According to the USGS Kilauea alone is producing 3,650,000 tons of CO2 per year.
That is ONE volcano. And it has been doing it for 27 years. In addition it is producing 1,460,000 tons of SO2 which as a greenhouse gas is roughly 21 times more efficient than CO2. Then of course there is the water vapor being produced at the rate of 4000 gallons a minute.

Here is a little science lesson for you. Imagine a kilometer of atmosphere. The first 770 meters of that are made up of the inert gas Nitrogen. The second 210 meters are oxygen.
That adds up to 980 meters the last time I checked. The next 20 meters is the are that concerns us. It breaks down to the first 10 meters is water vapor, the next 9 meters is argon, the last 36 centimeters are CO2 and of that man only contributes 14 millimeters.

One other thing you should take into account is the simple fact that in CO2 concentrations less than 200ppm no plants grow. That's right bunky, drop the CO2 level down to the level that the AGW crowd wants and you get to starve! Why do you think farmers are allways adding carbon to their crops...to help them grow!

Don't believe a word I said but go out and ask a farmer why don't you! Try Cal Poly San Luis Obispo. They have an excellent Ag Department there.

Boy you must live under a rock. Currently the estimates for the eruption are between 150,000 to 300,000 tons per day which on a volcanic scale is pretty minor. It is however the equivalent of the total output of CO2 for an average sized European country for that same day. A really large eruption (as has been going on in Hawaii ( Kīlauea)for the last 27 years) has pumped more CO2 and NO2 and H2S into the atmosphere than all of mans pollution for all of mans history.

At least get a basic level of knowledge before you spout your drivel.

Really, now Westwall. A scientist? And you make a statement like that concerning the comparison of anthropogenic CO2 versus volcanic CO2?

Here is what real scientists of the USGS state concerning volcanic and anthropogenic CO2;

Scientists have calculated that volcanoes emit between about 130-230 million tonnes (145-255 million tons) of CO2 into the atmosphere every year (Gerlach, 1991). This estimate includes both subaerial and submarine volcanoes, about in equal amounts. Emissions of CO2 by human activities, including fossil fuel burning, cement production, and gas flaring, amount to about 27 billion tonnes per year (30 billion tons) [ ( Marland, et al., 2006) - The reference gives the amount of released carbon (C), rather than CO2, through 2003.]. Human activities release more than 130 times the amount of CO2 emitted by volcanoes--the equivalent of more than 8,000 additional volcanoes like Kilauea (Kilauea emits about 3.3 million tonnes/year)! (Gerlach et. al., 2002)

He won't thats his MO. He claims science and then when his own science is shown in error he obfuscates, confounds or simply runs away. The best is when he goes and hides for a couple of days and then tries to post some irrelevant, unrelated or nonsensical excuse loosely based on a theory or equation he does not even understand..... Truly brilliant....:lol:

Yes but I am not truly arguing with him you see. I am laying out a case for those who are tying to learn. He is merely a sounding board so I can educate those who wish to be. He is intellectually dishonest so truly is irrelevant other than as a means of showing how bad scientists work. Or don't work as the case may be.

Cheers!

He won't thats his MO. He claims science and then when his own science is shown in error he obfuscates, confounds or simply runs away. The best is when he goes and hides for a couple of days and then tries to post some irrelevant, unrelated or nonsensical excuse loosely based on a theory or equation he does not even understand..... Truly brilliant....:lol:

Westwall;

Really shitty math there, old boy. 40% of 36 cm is not 14 mm.

Man, you are one really dumb ass. At the depth of each of the many glacial periods, the level of CO2 has been 180 ppm, possibly as low as 150 ppm.

Past Climate Change | Science | Climate Change | U.S. EPA

Of course I don't believe a word you say, like gslack, you just pull nonsense out of your ass.

Westwall;

Yes but I am not truly arguing with him you see. I am laying out a case for those who are tying to learn. He is merely a sounding board so I can educate those who wish to be. He is intellectually dishonest so truly is irrelevant other than as a means of showing how bad scientists work. Or don't work as the case may be.

Cheers!

What can be learned from someone so ignorant that they claim that nothing on Earth was growing at the time the continental glaciers were at their maximum?

Toro... Let me ask ya; do you feel that this thread should be used to count you amongst the Anthropologic Global Warming: DENIERS!?

I mean you seem to be trying to focus the discussion on evidence which seemingly shows the Earth belching Global Warming Gasses in volumes which dwarf those of man-made gasses... specifically, the earth attacking the continent which has the planets most vociferous advocates of AGW.

Can ya clear this up for us?

Lordy, lordy, more evidence that there is nothing at all that PI is not capable of demonstrating his ignorance on. USGS figures, the anthropogenic output of CO2 is 130 to 150 times that of all the volcanos in the world.

:lol::lol::lol:

Douchebag, do you know the difference between a tonne and a ton? Or more specifically a metric tonne vs a long ton or a short ton? Or is this just more of your fake science BS?

I noticed your link likes to jump back and forth on those terms.... Whenever you see that you can rest assured they are trying to hide something in it... A real scientist wanting to share real knowledge would not make such errors or deliberately create such confusion.

They would stick with tonnes (metric), tons (long UK) or tons (short US).. The only dipshits who would try and go back and forth like that are trying to deceive people.

A tonne, a ton, or a ton? Which is it? Also what are the calling anthropogenic? Are the breathing of livestock and people also included in that number?

One thing we do know the numbers do not include is the actual amount of greenhouse gases they produce total compared to man. Which in reality is the real issue here isn't it.... yeah green house gases like water vapor, and some others as your link states....

The most abundant gas typically released into the atmosphere from volcanic systems is water vapor (H20), followed by carbon dioxide (C02) and sulfur dioxide (S02). Volcanoes also release smaller amounts of others gases, including hydrogen sulfide (H2S), hydrogen (H2), carbon monoxide (CO), hydrogen chloride (HCL), hydrogen fluoride (HF), and helium (He).

Are any of those other gases greenhouse gases? Hmmm, lets look and see....

Greenhouse Gases - Energy Explained, Your Guide To Understanding Energy

The major greenhouse gases the United States emits as a result of human activity and that are included in U.S. and international emissions estimates are:

Carbon dioxide (CO2)
Methane (CH4)
Nitrous oxide (N2O)
Industrial Gases:
Hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs)
Perfluorocarbons (PFCs)
Sulfur hexafluoride (SF6)
There are other greenhouse gases that are not counted in U.S. or international greenhouse gas inventories:

Water vapor is the most abundant greenhouse gas, but most scientists believe that water vapor produced directly by human activity contributes very little to the amount of water vapor in the atmosphere, and therefore EIA does not estimate emissions of water vapor. Recent research by NASA suggests a stronger impact from the indirect human effects on water vapor concentrations.
Ozone is technically a greenhouse gas because it has an effect on global temperature. However, at higher elevations in the atmosphere (stratosphere), where it occurs naturally, it is needed to block harmful UV light. At lower elevations of the atmosphere (troposphere) it is harmful to human health and is a pollutant regulated independently of its warming effects.

Wait hold the freaking phone!!!! Do you see the bolded part? yes the government also agrees the number one greenhouse gas is water vapor. But WTH!!!??? they don't estimate emissions of water vapor? Well if they don't know how much water than how in the hell can they know how the water contributes to warming as opposed to co2???

They don't and thats the telling thing in all of this BS. Right there the US government just told us in no uncertain terms they do not estimate water vapor emissions. Water vapor the number 1 by volume greenhouse gas on the planet, and they don't even bother to estimate emissions of it..... WOW!!!

okay back to the point....

Are the numbers even accurate?

I followed the links to their sources for those numbers and at every link they sent me to the top of that same page in another tab or window. Thats it? They a supposed source link to papers that substantiate the claims, and the links in effect go nowhere? WTF kind of science site is that?

Oh I know it s pseudo-science site.... Yeah the kind who fudge numbers and give false scenarios and impressions to increase funding and further the preferred agendas of their pals..... Yeah thanks for showing the USGS is not to be trusted....:lol:

one other quick point... The very last thing mentioned on CO2 alone on the page was the little single paragraph making sure they sell the AGW theory.... Kind of like they had to add it in....

AND BTW, you are wrong in your numbers AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

they claimed only 130 times, you had to add the "-150" like a weasel.... Nice work weasel.

Last edited:
Ignorant about many things I may be but a intellectually dishonest, prevaricating, foulmouthed, ridiculous, imbecile such as yourself I am not...thankfully!
Westwall;

Cheers!

What can be learned from someone so ignorant that they claim that nothing on Earth was growing at the time the continental glaciers were at their maximum?

LOLOLOL. You and that slack jawed idiot must be so retarded you can barely manage to tie your shoes.

You were shown the evidence that all of the Earth's volcanoes produce a tiny fraction of the fossil carbon that mankind is pumping into the atmosphere but you still cling to your delusions. Scientists have traced the extra carbon in the atmosphere through isotope analysis to fossil fuel sources. You jabber about volcanoes spewing millions of tons of CO2 but mankind has put over 250 billion tons of fossil carbon into the atmosphere so far and we're pumping another 28 billion tons every year. Perhaps big numbers puzzle you. You sound like the type who has to take off his shoes to count past ten.

LOLOLOL. You and that slack jawed idiot must be so retarded you can barely manage to tie your shoes.

You were shown the evidence that all of the Earth's volcanoes produce a tiny fraction of the fossil carbon that mankind is pumping into the atmosphere but you still cling to your delusions. Scientists have traced the extra carbon in the atmosphere through isotope analysis to fossil fuel sources. You jabber about volcanoes spewing millions of tons of CO2 but mankind has put over 250 billion tons of fossil carbon into the atmosphere so far and we're pumping another 28 billion tons every year. Perhaps big numbers puzzle you. You sound like the type who has to take off his shoes to count past ten.

QUIET SOCKO!!!!!

Only real people post here, socks, friends trying to spare their pal, family trying to save their sibling or child are not considered real unless they have a reason beyond trying to help a douchebag save face...... And we can safely say you are NOT serving any other purpose..... THerefore not real, and not recognized...... NOW HUSH DOUCHEBAG!!:lol::lol:

QUIET SOCKO!!!!!

Only real people post here, socks, friends trying to spare their pal, family trying to save their sibling or child are not considered real unless they have a reason beyond trying to help a douchebag save face...... And we can safely say you are NOT serving any other purpose..... THerefore not real, and not recognized...... NOW HUSH DOUCHEBAG!!

LOL. Coming from a gsock, that's really funny. Get used to it retard, I'm here and I'm real and I'm going to demonstrate just how ignorant and totally retarded you are every time I see one of your insane, lying, piece of crap posts.
If you don't like that, you can just write down your complaint, fold it up until it is all corners and shove it up your:ahole-1: to keep your head company.

Would you care to explain to me what the difference between man made CO2 and natural CO2 is?

It's simple really, the Warmers and their Marxist Masters can only get control of Western Civilization from the former.

QUIET SOCKO!!!!!

Only real people post here, socks, friends trying to spare their pal, family trying to save their sibling or child are not considered real unless they have a reason beyond trying to help a douchebag save face...... And we can safely say you are NOT serving any other purpose..... THerefore not real, and not recognized...... NOW HUSH DOUCHEBAG!!

LOL. Coming from a gsock, that's really funny. Get used to it retard, I'm here and I'm real and I'm going to demonstrate just how ignorant and totally retarded you are every time I see one of your insane, lying, piece of crap posts.
If you don't like that, you can just write down your complaint, fold it up until it is all corners and shove it up your:ahole-1: to keep your head company.

Socko if you have any sense in your head at all, you will leave me alone.... There are 10 year olds with a keener intellect than you, konradv, oldsocks and your entire sock army combined. You don't have the ability to threaten me, your an insignificant sock with how many posts?

LOL, care to explain how you are the second so-called "person" who with presumably no prior knowledge of anyone involved, came to the add of the little twerp oldsocks after he did something embarrassing.... Yeah douchebag you really are that transparent.... :lol:

Transparent and ignorant to think people will buy it..... No you do yourself a favor and leave me alone, and while you are doing that tell the coward to come and handle his own affairs like a man and not a cowardly little puppeteer.

According to the USGS Kilauea alone is producing 3,650,000 tons of CO2 per year.
-----------------------------------

3+ million tons a year is a drop in the bucket when human activity creates nearly 80 million tons DAILY.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_carbon_dioxide_emissions

According to the USGS Kilauea alone is producing 3,650,000 tons of CO2 per year.
-----------------------------------

3+ million tons a year is a drop in the bucket when human activity creates nearly 80 million tons DAILY.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_carbon_dioxide_emissions

Quiet junior adults are talking!

As usual you can't fight the facts, so you have to resort to insults. Proof positive that you've lost the scientific debate or you'd have answers for the simple questions posed, like where does the energy that CO2 traps, if not to heat the earth? Why can't you answer that question? Since you consider me a child, why is it so difficult for you to answer a child's question?

As usual you can't fight the facts, so you have to resort to insults. Proof positive that you've lost the scientific debate or you'd have answers for the simple questions posed, like where does the energy that CO2 traps, if not to heat the earth? Why can't you answer that question? Since you consider me a child, why is it so difficult for you to answer a child's question?

LOOK idiot your question is ignorant and pointless. just like you....

Who gives a rats ass where the energy goes? It doesn't matter if it goes to warm the earth or to power oldsocks puppet factory. it has no bearing on this discussion dumazz. no one is avoiding your question or can't answer you nincompoop, its just an ignorant and irrelevant attempt to confound the topic and point here.....

Classic bit of BS taught to you by oldsocks. THIS TOPIC IS ABOUT VOLCANOES AND THE CO@ THEY PRODUCE.... Now stay on topic if you want to debate with adults....

Anyone else get the feeling we're getting a live feed from "Battle of the Global Warmist Sockpuppets"?

Forum List

Back