Extreme food prices slam the world

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
More proof that none of this is President Joseph Biden's fault.

Figures released Thursday by the UN Food and Agriculture Organization show its food price index up 27.3% on the year.

'PORTIONS ARE DIFFERENT' | GLOBAL PRICE HIKES UNSETTLE STOMACHS Months into the worst inflation in decades, food price hikes are forcing consumers around the world to make difficult choices, and governments are feeling the pressure.

Bout the same here.
$ 1,35 a lb for chicken'
$ 2.25 a lb for tilapia.
$.55 centavos pineapples
$ 6.00 a lb for rib-eye
OTOH I'd never pay that much. Those are "gringo prices".......plus I grow most all of my own shit. Fertilizer went up a LOT so I make my own cowshit soup and add manganese to it. 55 gallon drum at a time. Fuckem.
ofertas-maxi-black-carnes-y-verduras-en-maxi-palí-costa-rica-29-10-2021-6.jpg
ofertas-maxi-black-carnes-y-verduras-en-maxi-palí-costa-rica-29-10-2021-4.jpg

Putin killing the grain export agreement ain't gonna help food inflation.
And that will effect the whole world....most especially developing nations.

the US is the top food producer for the world..xindeflation and the demafasict war on the working class is making the world go hungry

the US is the top food producer for the world..xindeflation and the demafasict war on the working class is making the world go hungry
The world has been going hungry for a long time now..or at least, the majority of it has. Why folks are getting their knickers in a twist now..escapes me.
Hell, about half of the world does without clean water:

Hunger? Is a global norm--and has always been. The US throws away enough calories in a year to feed quite a few people--not that the US is the only offender..wastage is a global issue..but the US is the worst--with the UK right behind..in fact, a large view shows that 1st world countries waste far more usable food than do 3rd world ones :

Just how much food do Americans waste? Here’s some “food” for thought: While the world wastes about 2.5 billion tons of food every year, the United States discards more food than any other country in the world: nearly 60 million tons — 120 billion pounds — every year. That’s estimated to be almost 40 percent of the entire US food supply, and equates to 325 pounds of waste per person. That’s like every person in America throwing 975 average sized apples right into the garbage — or rather right into landfills, as most discarded food ends up there. In fact, food is the single largest component taking up space inside US landfills, making up 22 percent of municipal solid waste (MSW). All told, the amount of food wasted in America has an approximate value of nearly $218 billion – the equivalent of 130 billion meals.

It is an issue previously considered to be a problem almost exclusive to richer countries - with consumers simply buying more than they could eat - but this research found "substantial" food waste "everywhere it looked".
There are gaps in the findings that could reveal how the scale of the problem varies in low- and high-income countries. The report, for example, could not distinguish between "involuntary" and "voluntary" waste.
"We haven't looked deeper [at this issue] but in low-income countries, the cold chain is not fully assured because of lack of access to energy," Martina Otto from Unep told BBC News.

The data to distinguish between the waste of edible food and inedible parts - like bones and shells - was only available for high-income countries. Lower-income countries, Ms Otto pointed out, were likely to be wasting much less edible food.

The world has been going hungry for a long time now..or at least, the majority of it has. Why folks are getting their knickers in a twist now..escapes me.
Hell, about half of the world does without clean water:

Hunger? Is a global norm--and has always been. The US throws away enough calories in a year to feed quite a few people--not that the US is the only offender..wastage is a global issue..but the US is the worst--with the UK right behind..in fact, a large view shows that 1st world countries waste far more usable food than do 3rd world ones :

Just how much food do Americans waste? Here’s some “food” for thought: While the world wastes about 2.5 billion tons of food every year, the United States discards more food than any other country in the world: nearly 60 million tons — 120 billion pounds — every year. That’s estimated to be almost 40 percent of the entire US food supply, and equates to 325 pounds of waste per person. That’s like every person in America throwing 975 average sized apples right into the garbage — or rather right into landfills, as most discarded food ends up there. In fact, food is the single largest component taking up space inside US landfills, making up 22 percent of municipal solid waste (MSW). All told, the amount of food wasted in America has an approximate value of nearly $218 billion – the equivalent of 130 billion meals.

It is an issue previously considered to be a problem almost exclusive to richer countries - with consumers simply buying more than they could eat - but this research found "substantial" food waste "everywhere it looked".
There are gaps in the findings that could reveal how the scale of the problem varies in low- and high-income countries. The report, for example, could not distinguish between "involuntary" and "voluntary" waste.
"We haven't looked deeper [at this issue] but in low-income countries, the cold chain is not fully assured because of lack of access to energy," Martina Otto from Unep told BBC News.

The data to distinguish between the waste of edible food and inedible parts - like bones and shells - was only available for high-income countries. Lower-income countries, Ms Otto pointed out, were likely to be wasting much less edible food.
Well the issue now is that xiden’s policies are making it worse

More proof that none of this is President Joseph Biden's fault.

When new to this chat site I though you were just another addled egg, ill informed and politically damaged .Then I saw that you were so unbalanced that if your posts were 100% reversed you actually got the truth . Every single time .But every chat site needs one or two Clowns , deliberate and accidental ones .So thanks for being one of the select few -- a natural clown .

Forum List

Back