EXO drones should fire their ad agency....................

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
You know, for the past few months, I have seriously been considering buying a drone, and have been looking at several different companies who make them to decide if that is where I will buy the drone from.

Well, I've heard several ads for EXO drones, and in all of them, the spokesperson excitedly claims that "this thing flies like a paperweight".

Couldn't they have found something better to compare something that is supposed to fly very well, other than a paperweight? One of my tours in the Navy was with an FA-18 squadron, and whenever the pilots wanted to say (in colorful language) that something didn't fly very well, they said it either (a) had the glide slope of a potato, or (b) that it flew like a paperweight.

I would think that EXO Drones would want to say that their drone flew better than anyone else's, and that it was a fine flying machine, not that it flew like a paperweight. Paperweights don't fly, they fall, and have zero ability to glide as well.

Instead of saying it flew like a paperweight, the could have said that it flies like a hummingbird, which can hover, fly fast, and is very good in the air, all things you want in a drone.

Just wanted to vent about advertising agencies being stupid on occasion.

You know, for the past few months, I have seriously been considering buying a drone, and have been looking at several different companies who make them to decide if that is where I will buy the drone from.

Well, I've heard several ads for EXO drones, and in all of them, the spokesperson excitedly claims that "this thing flies like a paperweight".

Couldn't they have found something better to compare something that is supposed to fly very well, other than a paperweight? One of my tours in the Navy was with an FA-18 squadron, and whenever the pilots wanted to say (in colorful language) that something didn't fly very well, they said it either (a) had the glide slope of a potato, or (b) that it flew like a paperweight.

I would think that EXO Drones would want to say that their drone flew better than anyone else's, and that it was a fine flying machine, not that it flew like a paperweight. Paperweights don't fly, they fall, and have zero ability to glide as well.

Instead of saying it flew like a paperweight, the could have said that it flies like a hummingbird, which can hover, fly fast, and is very good in the air, all things you want in a drone.

Just wanted to vent about advertising agencies being stupid on occasion.

I wonder if they were trying to refer to the stability. In theory, heavier drone would be more stable.

My brother bought me a drone for Christmas. It's a DJI Mini 2. The cool thing about it is that, technically, you're supposed to be licensed to fly a drone which weighs 250 grams or more. The Mini is engineered and built to 242 grams. I've only had it out a few times, but I'm getting a bit better at controlling it at speed...

I wonder if they were trying to refer to the stability. In theory, heavier drone would be more stable.

My brother bought me a drone for Christmas. It's a DJI Mini 2. The cool thing about it is that, technically, you're supposed to be licensed to fly a drone which weighs 250 grams or more. The Mini is engineered and built to 242 grams. I've only had it out a few times, but I'm getting a bit better at controlling it at speed...

Actually, for personal drones like what you would buy online for your own use, you don't have to get a license, all you have to do is register it with the FAA. A mail in form and 5 bucks, and they send you back a number to paste on your drone. (Found that out at a hobby shop).

As far as trying to say it's stable? They could have chosen a lot better things than paperweights.

Forum List

Back