EXISTING HOME SALES REPORT Today. HA!

You first dearie. Provide your proof that Obama has lowered my taxes.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

We have to work through the backlog of homes folks.

This was a huge cluster fuck on housing Bush created and its going to take some time for this sector to recover.

We OVERBUILT folks.

Although I do not agree that Bush II is even remotely responsible for this problem, I agree that we probably have some overhang of houses.

Did we overbuild, or are houses too expensive? You are making an assumption and pretending that it is real. If houses were affordable they would be purchased. THAT is the reality, not that we built too many of them. I have five adult children living at home. Why? Simple, they can not afford to buy a house and can not afford to pay rent here in San Diego. Thank heavens I have an 8 bedroom house.

I just went through the same damned thing here in Maine.

I had five sometimes six kids living with me, only one of them my spawn, too.

The kids were working (part time and for low wages) but they cannot afford to put a roof over their heads.

They would all be buyers if prices were lower. That is a simple truth.

Simple to say, hard to understand how it got that way, of course.

REally what has been happening is that people truly have been losing purchasing pwoer for the last 40 years.

Anybody as old as me remembers how much easier it was to make it in American as late as the late 60s.

You young people (up to at least 40 years old) are getting screwed and few of you even suspect it.

In fact many of you kids who came of age during the Reagan admin seem to have drunk the anti-union libertarian koolaide harebrained view of politics and the economy, such that you are your own worst (politically speaking) enemies.

The raw components of my house would cost 120,000 dollars if I were to buy them. Assuming reasonable labor costs, I could build the house totally for $300,000. So why is a house like mine selling for over half a million dollars? Houses are simply too expensive.

Too expensive compared to what people are really making for sure.

And what is happening now is that people in homes cannot afford to sell them for the amounts the market is saying they're worth, either.

They owe too much money on them to let them go for what they are REALLY worth, given the local average family income.

So instead of accepting that we've been screwed, we're sticking it out HOPING that eventually the market will recover.

Ain't gonna happen, folks.

Not in the next decade unless something completely unexpected changes the numbers in ways I cannot even imagine.

Blaming One President or another is not the solution or the problem, why is europe also in a similer situation? = Bankers

Yes bankers who were left deregulated and unsupervised.

Its called Deregulation which is a pantently right wing aim for 30 years.

The ideas need to be trash canned.

GET SOME IDEAS THAT WORK

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos
social programs have ruined this country. example video
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hhJ_49leBw]YouTube - Detroit in RUINS! (Crowder goes Ghetto)[/ame]

That, of course shows you what government regulation gets you.

The death of our Big cities are the result of welfare state mentalities. "We take food stamps here."

GET SOME IDEAS THAT WORK

Who was it that fought to deregulate Freddie and Fanny? Please tell me who it was. As I recall it was the Democrat representatives who fought for this. And Bush and the Republicans fought a losing battle against this deregulation.

It might help if you got your facts straight for ONCE in your life.

Rick

Don't hold your breath on that one, hboats.

GET SOME IDEAS THAT WORK

Who was it that fought to deregulate Freddie and Fanny? Please tell me who it was. As I recall it was the Democrat representatives who fought for this. And Bush and the Republicans fought a losing battle against this deregulation.

Rick

Its a bullshit talking point.

Tell me how much Bush helped all 50 governors when they troied to regulate the entire markets to avoid the mess?

Do you evern know about those facts?

GET SOME IDEAS THAT WORK

Rick

Its a bullshit talking point.

Tell me how much Bush helped all 50 governors when they troied to regulate the entire markets to avoid the mess?

Do you evern know about those facts?

Do you even know what a talking point is?

The FACTS are that the Democrats were the ones who fought to deregulate Freddie and Fannie. THOSE ARE FACTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are the ones who made the housing market crash by insisting that loans be made available to people who couldn't afford to pay them back.

The Republicans fought to keep this deregulation from happening, even warned the Democrats that if the did this the housing market would face a certain crash. The Democrats didn't want to hear it.

Rick

Our nation is in collapse. Fanny and Freddy have little to do with it. It is liberal social legislation that has made us a nation of Big Cities with shitloads of retarded welfare recipients.

Our major cities are low IQ zones. The average IQ of elementary school students in Detroit has been falling for years. Right now it is about 83.

Average IQ is 100 for the whole of America.

The question is why are there so many stupid people in Detroit? You saw the Video.

The same thing applies to Chicago, where the average IQ on the south side is 87. Why do so many stupid people in America migrate to the south side of Chicago? Or maybe it is the water they drink?

Kansas City has regions in the city where the average IQ is 87. 87 is very stupid.

Saint Louis has regions where the average IQ is 84.

Our major cities are collapsing because of a wave of retarded people who are almost all on assistance from government. The retarded women on assistance have an average of 5.3 children each, and their average IQ is always retarded.

Maybe we should sterilize them along with their assistance? Sterile women have no retarded children.

New Agency Proposed to Oversee Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae - The New York Times

Tell me who held both houses and the presidency in 2003?

Oh and btw freddy and fanny were not in trouble finacially at the time and the changes would have done exactly what?

Bush had the power and an entire congress that did ANYTHING he told them to do.

Now why did he Fight all 50 govenors who tried to protect their individual states from the oncoming mness?

Our nation is in collapse. Fanny and Freddy have little to do with it. It is liberal social legislation that has made us a nation of Big Cities with shitloads of retarded welfare recipients.

Our major cities are low IQ zones. The average IQ of elementary school students in Detroit has been falling for years. Right now it is about 83.

Average IQ is 100 for the whole of America.

The question is why are there so many stupid people in Detroit? You saw the Video.

The same thing applies to Chicago, where the average IQ on the south side is 87. Why do so many stupid people in America migrate to the south side of Chicago? Or maybe it is the water they drink?

Kansas City has regions in the city where the average IQ is 87. 87 is very stupid.

Saint Louis has regions where the average IQ is 84.

Our major cities are collapsing because of a wave of retarded people who are almost all on assistance from government. The retarded women on assistance have an average of 5.3 children each, and their average IQ is always retarded.

Maybe we should sterilize them along with their assistance? Sterile women have no retarded children.

You are bat shit crazy

TM needs to read up on Barney Frank and his relationship with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

Just sayin'.

TM already knows this but blocks it out. It's the 20 percenter way. Deny the truth at all costs. If Bush was President today, she'd be here in COMPLETE agreement. Hypocrites of a greater magnitude than a human. Selfish.

Oh and btw freddy and fanny were not in trouble finacially at the time and the changes would have done exactly what?

Now why did he Fight all 50 govenors who tried to protect their individual states from the oncoming mness?

WOW, do you even read the links you post? You just proved my point. Bush wanted to more strictly regulate Freddie and Fannie and the Democrats fought this regulation saying...
tighter regulation of the companies could sharply reduce their commitment to financing low-income and affordable housing.

So, the Democrats fought against stronger regulatory tactics because they feared that the people who were getting mortgages that they couldn't afford to re-pay would stop getting these loans.

Thanks for proving my point for me.

Rick

And to top it off from the link provided by Truthmatters Barney Frank is quoted as saying
''These two entities -- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac -- are not facing any kind of financial crisis,'' said Representative Barney Frank of Massachusetts, the ranking Democrat on the Financial Services Committee. ''The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing.''

When the Republicans were trying to warn him of a housing market collapse if things weren't changed. Frank fought against this change and in fact fought for deregulation of Freddie and Fannie. And look what happened.

Thanks again for proving my point Truthmatters.

Rick

WOW, do you even read the links you post? You just proved my point. Bush wanted to more strictly regulate Freddie and Fannie and the Democrats fought this regulation saying...
tighter regulation of the companies could sharply reduce their commitment to financing low-income and affordable housing.

So, the Democrats fought against stronger regulatory tactics because they feared that the people who were getting mortgages that they couldn't afford to re-pay would stop getting these loans.

Thanks for proving my point for me.

Rick

Dear fool , tell us exactly how the changes proposed would have done what you claimed they would have.

Then tell us HOW the fuck the dems could back the republicans down when they held the entire government in their hands?

Then ANSWER the question I have asked about THREE times now about WHY Bush FOUGHT all 50 govenors when they tried to protect their states by regulating the industry?

Your issue is nothing but a failed republican talking point.

Forum List

Back