Executives Orders and the Republican Mythological Solution to them

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
In a dependant and enslaved country.
I've seen Republicans claiming that they will wield Congress's "Power of the Purse," enumerated in Article I, Section 9 of the United States Constitution, in order to counter Obola's threat of amnesty.

“No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law; and a regular Statement and Account of the Receipts and Expenditures of all public Money shall be published from time to time.”
— U.S. Constitution, Article I, section 9, clause 7

Yet, immigration law is also an enumerated powers of the Congress, in Article I, Section:
To establish a uniform rule of naturalization, and uniform laws on the subject of bankruptcies throughout the United States;

So if Obabble
can pass an executive order to usurp Congress's enumerated power over immigration, then what makes you think Obola wont pass an executive order and usurp Congress's enumerated Power of the Purse?

When Obama passes an EO to give his own policies money, what are you going to do then?

All legislative powers herein granted shall be vested in a Congress of the United States, which shall consist of a Senate and House of Representatives.

But it won't happen. They might be able to impeach...but the chance of removing him from office is-exactly-zero.
Perhaps not, but it might set a precedent and prevent future presidents from committing high crimes the way this one has. Plus, it will make it easier to reverse some of the damage he's already done. If they DON'T impeach, it sends a message that violating the Constitution will be tolerated in the future.

But it won't happen. They might be able to impeach...but the chance of removing him from office is-exactly-zero.
Perhaps not, but it might set a precedent and prevent future presidents from committing high crimes the way this one has. Plus, it will make it easier to reverse some of the damage he's already done. If they DON'T impeach, it sends a message that violating the Constitution will be tolerated in the future.

No, it would set a precedent that the President can pass any Royal Proclamation he wants, making Congress obsolete.

Forum List

Back