Example of a tax credit for builders. Which scenario is bad and which is good?

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
Scenario 1: Federal Government offers a builder a $9.6 million tax credit for restoring the Old Post Office Pavilion in DC.

Scenario 2: Builder pays $9.6 million in taxes to the Federal Government and then the Federal Government pays for a builder to restore the Old Post Office Pavilion in DC.

Now lets put on our thinking caps and lets discuss why one of these scenarios should be a crime and one is wonderful.

I will help you guys out.

IT IS THE SAME FUCKING THING. TRUMP TOOK SCENARIO 1.

This $750 in taxes is such a fucking lie.

Even the NYT article said Trump has paid “tens of millions of dollars in taxes” but they claimed the $750 is just federal income tax and just in those years.

This is the equivalent of Harry Reid lying about Romney and then bragging that his lie prevented Romney from winning.

Also, isnt it interesting this story comes out 48 hours before the debate and also Biden and Harris drop their taxes to coincide with the story?

THE NEW YORK TIMES IS DEMOCRAT PROPOGANDA,

I will help you guys out.

IT IS THE SAME FUCKING THING. TRUMP TOOK SCENARIO 1.

Even the NYT article said Trump has paid “tens of millions of dollars in taxes” but they claimed the $750 is just federal income tax and just in those years.

This is the equivalent of Harry Reid lying about Romney and then bragging that his lie prevented Romney from winning.

Also, isnt it interesting this story comes out 48 hours before the debate and also Biden and Harris drop their taxes to coincide with the story?

THE NEW YORK TIMES IS DEMOCRAT PROPOGANDA,
Very few media sources are unbiased and have degrees of propaganda. It was done on purpose and our founders knew it when they put the free press in the first amendment.

Let me see if I've got this straight:
Scenario #1: Net to government = -$9.6 million + cost of restoration
Scenario #2: Net to government = +$9.6 million minus cost of restoration

On the surface it all comes down to the restoration cost. Government retains ownership right?
Now considering how the government grossly overpays for everything I figure #1 would be best approach.

p.s. My apologies Colonel for editing. I haven't kept up with the post office and income tax stories (but I do like math word problems). Perhaps I should have assumed restoration costs were $9.6 million.

Last edited:
Let me see if I've got this straight:
Scenario #1: Net to government = -$9.6 million
Scenario #2: Net to government = +$9.6 million minus cost of restoration

On the surface it all comes down to the restoration cost. Government retains ownership right?
Now considering how the government grossly overpays for everything I figure #1 would be best approach.

ding ding ding

We have a winner!

Not a lie. That’s actually how much he paid in income tax in 2016, which is pathetic.

How do you know?
Because the NY Times has his tax records.

Why didnt they publish them?

Did you read the article?

So they have a source who committed a felony? Wow. Seems reliable.

You also dont know a fucking thing about taxes and you are a dumb bag of hammers.

We [i.e. New York Times] are not making the records themselves public because we do not want to jeopardize our sources, who have taken enormous personal risks to help inform the public.

:auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301:

Because they committed a felony.

Not a lie. That’s actually how much he paid in income tax in 2016, which is pathetic.

How do you know?
Because the NY Times has his tax records.

Why didnt they publish them?

Did you read the article?

So they have a source who committed a felony? Wow. Seems reliable.

You also dont know a fucking thing about taxes and you are a dumb bag of hammers.
Read the article. Their source could be criminally liable. That’s why they are protecting them.

Trump could prove them wrong very easily. He hasn’t. Because the Times has his tax returns.

And those returns show that he paid almost no personal income taxes in 2016 which is pathetic.

What part of the first two posts in this thread confused you most? If Trump was doing anything wrong you'd hear about it wouldn't you? After all, this is the tech. age and nobody, nor a POTUS has had more enemies and threats against them than Trump. Trump is clean, otherwise we'd know different.

Try your head once, see what happens.
We absolutely did hear about Trump doing wrong, but none of you seem to care.

What part of the first two posts in this thread confused you most? If Trump was doing anything wrong you'd hear about it wouldn't you? After all, this is the tech. age and nobody, nor a POTUS has had more enemies and threats against them than Trump. Trump is clean, otherwise we'd know different.

You get it. Most libs are really fucking stupid and dont understand it.

all they know is ORANGE MAN BAD. DERP.

Amazon lots millions of dollars for years and paid no taxes, and they still pay very little because they REINVEST PROFITS.

STUPID LIBERALS DONT UNDERSTAND THIS.

What part of the first two posts in this thread confused you most? If Trump was doing anything wrong you'd hear about it wouldn't you? After all, this is the tech. age and nobody, nor a former POTUS has had more enemies and threats against them than Trump. Trump is clean, otherwise we'd know different.

I think perhaps PROGS are just incompetent? Govt. rules, primarily BEFORE TRUMP says you can write-off certain ways against federal taxes. Including LOCAL & STATE TAXES against Federal Taxes due.

But PROGS are just dumb I guess, or perhaps only hire the dumb. So they pay more in taxes because they're incompetent.

Here's one for slow-going PROG-nation, try some math & logic. You'll see Trump isn't even lying, he's stretching the truth a pinch, but in a sense he's dead right. Try not to be confused on so many digits, the top is one hundred million dollars and no cents.

Trump "earns" $100,000,000 this year.

Federal Income tax on that is let's say $10,000,000. So Trump says, I paid millions in tax, which is 100% true. But his accountants haven't earned their competency yet.

Trump already paid $5,000,000 in tax already. Taxpayers who itemize deductions on their federal income tax returns can deduct state and local real estate and personal property taxes, as well as either income taxes or general sales taxes. ...

Trump gets credits, business ventures, depreciation, tax prep, losses, blah blah blah, shit none of us know a thing about. That's another $5,000,000.

Hence, Trump pays $750 in federal income tax. Don't like it, change it for everyone, but you'll crash the economy and doers will scatter. So WTH PROGS, give her a shot, you want to be Chinese anyhow.

Last edited:
Hence, Trump pays $750 in federal income tax. Don't like it, change it for everyone, but you'll crash the economy, so WTH PROGS, give her a shot, you want to be Chinese anyhow.
We only need to change it for people that don’t pay income tax despite being (ostensibly) wealthy.

Hence, Trump pays $750 in federal income tax. Don't like it, change it for everyone, but you'll crash the economy, so WTH PROGS, give her a shot, you want to be Chinese anyhow.
We only need to change it for people that don’t pay income tax despite being (ostensibly) wealthy.

Feel free to list wealthy people who do not pay income tax.........GO!

Whats funny is that if indeed Trump only paid $750 in federal income tax.....IT WAS OBAMA AND BIDEN’S TAX POLICY.

Fucking liberal idiots...good lord.

Forum List

Back